C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

DIY/Review Headlamp Color Change with EuroLight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c 230
DIY/Review Headlamp Color Change with EuroLight

Well i guess i can call this my intro to the MBworld forums. I am usually on forums such as nsxprime.com and other import forums but recently i had picked up a c class and migrated to MBworld to learn some stuff and share some ideas.

Recently at a local meet I had bumped into a friend who was debuting a product called Eurolight which basically changes the color of your headlight lense by simply whiping a colored solution and letting it cure. I was quite fascinated by the product where it had looked professionally done and very simple to do. Well i had got my hands on the product and wanted to do a DIY for it to share with you guys.

First of all the product is called Eurolight and it is a semi permanent color change of your stock or aftermarket headlight. The product can only be purchased through Amazon.com at the moment but distributed by Tourenn.

Some color choices are : Light blue, Black (smoke), Dark Green, Dark Blue, and Violet

Price through Amazon.com: Originally $59.99 but marked down to $49.99 at the moment.

Promotional code: UKTFVRUH 30% off ($15)
Since its quite a new product the friend i bumped into gave me a discount code for me to purchase and to share with others.

With the discount the total price was $34.99 + shipping.

Duration of DIY: 1 hour application. 2 hours to dry and be able to drive the car. 8 hours full cure and be able to wash/wet car

Heres a couple of pictures of the product itself.

Contents within the box (Instructions, pipet, masking tape, gloves, sponge applicator, prep compound, primer solution, coloring solution, and removal solution)

Pictures of the car

Step 1: Wash your headlights with some dishwashing soap, i used dawn, to remove all dirt, bugs, and most important wax or oil. You use dish washing soap because it takes off all the wax or any oil that is built up in your headlights where some car wash soaps do not in order to retain wax on the car.

Step 2: Park car in garage where it is shaded and not windy.Apply the preparation compound. In the instructions it says to use paper towels and to apply the compound evenly throughout the headlight and to buff the compound off in fast circurlar motions.

Step 3: Mask your headlights with supplied masking tape. Although this is the 3rd step in the manual if i were to do it again i would have masked the headlights first prior to the prep compound.

Step 4: Apply the primer solution. This step is very similar to the prep compound where you simply use a paper towel and dab the primer solution on on the paper towel. Although there are different amounts of primer used on different sized headlights. Apply the primper evenly and buff off with quick circular motions and let the the headlight sit for 15 mins. While waiting i masked the 2nd headlight and started to prep and primer so by the time i was done with the 2nd headlight the 1st headlight would be ready to paint.

Step 5: Prepare the color solution and sponge applicator. Using the pipet in in the kit extract the amount needed of coloring solution, in my case it was about 3 ml.

Application of color: Using the sponge with the coloring solution starting from top to bottom apply the color in a zig zag/ left to right motion. Make sure to apply color to the edges and lastly the final application is an up and down motion. There will be some visible lines from the application but they should dissapear within a couple seconds. This is all done in one step and you should not have to dip your sponge for more solution.

Outcome/Final product

Final Review: The final product turned absolutely great where it matched the oem c class windows perfectly which was my main goal. The product is cheap and very simple to do where it can cost hundreds for a paint shop to spray paint some sort of colored clear. Also since it is semi permanent the product simply whipes off with the removal solution in the kit so if you ever need to re do a headlight a different color or back to stock it is very simple. The product does not change the color or projection of your current bulbs meaning you wont have different color or dull light projection. Also the final product made my headlamps look a lot more up to date and cleaner. The product went on crystal clear although if you do have hazzy or faded headlamps you will need to polish (I can do another DIY with a 3M headlight polish kit if you guys want) in order for the product to come out proper.

so what do you guys think? Feel free to ask any questions

Last edited by ozrednsx; 06-08-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
I'll pass. But you're good at doing DIY projects and teaching. I just can't imagine ever wanting to do this to any car, especially a Mercedes.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:53 PM

c 230
well everyone has their own opinions on what looks good. I think it looks great how it matches the windows and it goes great with white. For instance a black car would look great with a smoke tint headlight
Old 06-08-2009, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Well yeah, but you asked for opinions. It's your car and you should do whatever makes you happy. I just think tinting headlights is odd. I have HID - that's all the color I need.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 PM

c 230
No offense taken.

Hids only provide color when lights on or at night. This is kinda vice versa where the color is only shown by the tinit during the day and not at night when lights on and wouldn't hinder color of projected light
Old 06-08-2009, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
I like it. I think Rollnnn has something like this. This looks cool man. I kind of like the blueish tint look to it.

Thanks for the post this is good to know.

Can you provide pictures (light output) at night?

Thanks Again
Old 06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
I wonder if the black one would be good for having that smoked tail light effect. I like smoked lights but not tooo dark just a little. I wonder if it'll look nice with that.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-08-2009, 10:58 PM

c 230
I can get some pictures of them during the night.

I'm not quite too sure how they'll turn out on taillights but I imagine them working well with the smoked tail light look
Old 06-08-2009, 11:55 PM

c240
I like it
Old 06-09-2009, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
hmm, i never liked colored headlights unless its a BMW or audi, and only a color like ENDURANCE yellow would look, especially on an aggressive looking car. but on a c-class, not feeling it.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Car
I think it looks great! ..only on a white c-class though.
Im really liking the idea of smoaking the tails and this is a much cheaper, simplier way of doing it.
Nice first post!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C320 coupe
can i see a zoom pic at the top from the 2nd pic where you can see all the color headlights
Old 06-09-2009, 09:59 PM

c 230
yea it looks great on a white c class because the color of the headlights do not stand out as much as it would on a darker colored car. If it werent for the blue tinted windows that the c class came with i wouldnt have done it blue but instead a smoke headlight

i am also planning on doing the fogs and the turn signals on the side mirrors to see how it matches. If its too much blue i can just simply whipe it off with the removal solution the kit comes with. And BTW the kit can do about 3 pairs of headlights if you use proper portions.

If any of you are interested i believe the kit is only sold on amazon.com and dont forget to use the coupon i posted it saves $15 off the price.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:08 PM

c 230
here are a couple of pictures from amazon.com

New c class

Some NSX's

Old 06-09-2009, 10:10 PM

c 230
i believe this is green color from eurolights

Old 06-09-2009, 10:16 PM

c 230
Originally Posted by XsuperbeeX
can i see a zoom pic at the top from the 2nd pic where you can see all the color headlights

Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 PM

c 230
Originally Posted by jk062602kj
I wonder if the black one would be good for having that smoked tail light effect. I like smoked lights but not tooo dark just a little. I wonder if it'll look nice with that.

What do you guys think?
Alright well i did some research and talked to a tech about the eurolight product and he told me that this product does NOT work on taillights. And the reason being is that the product was specifically formulated for glass or polycarbonate headlights (all plastic headlights are polycarbonate because of impact strength from debris and rocks). And most taillights/sidemarkers are made from PMMA (plexi,acrylic) which the product will not adhere to properly.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C320 coupe
hmmm i tink i will just color match headlight rather than tinting it... thx for the zoom in pics anyway...
Old 06-10-2009, 07:25 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
interesting product.

i wouldn't do it on mine, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:29 AM

2007 C230 Sport
Not a fan of front or rear light tints, especially on a 203, but that’s just me. Cool product though….
Old 08-14-2010, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nike Turbo Shox
This is a interesting thing, i'd go with the Lamin-x tho. I'm might get the blue lamin-x for the headlights and yellow for the fogs.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:23 PM

Secret
Originally Posted by OneOfaKindTrini
This is a interesting thing, i'd go with the Lamin-x tho. I'm might get the blue lamin-x for the headlights and yellow for the fogs.

Only issue i have with Lamin-X is if you get pulled over it can be a fix it ticket and it doesn't always look OEM

Eurolight is 100% DOT legal

and i know cause ive been pulled over for other reasons and they never bug me.

Also it does not distort the light color at all so your 6K HIDs look 6K after the install
Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 PM

05 CLK500; 07 Volvo XC90
Very nice. I think it would look good on my black car. My only concern is that can you accidentally put too much on that the tint comes out uneven or too dark?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320 2002
Originally Posted by 07 Benz
Not a fan of front or rear light tints, especially on a 203, but that’s just me. Cool product though….
Blacked tails looks great on a black 203
Old 01-19-2011, 05:15 AM

Secret
Originally Posted by thegeneraltso
Very nice. I think it would look good on my black car. My only concern is that can you accidentally put too much on that the tint comes out uneven or too dark?

Its really easy to apply. i am actually getting a shipment in of the product soon. This product is going to get more popular as time goes on. the kits also come with directions how to apply

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY/Review Headlamp Color Change with EuroLight