C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

2009 c63 LET/Eurocharged tune results

Old 11-15-2009, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
2009 c63 LET/Eurocharged tune results

Well everyone, we're finally done with V1 of the C63 tune. Sorry this writeup took longer than everyone (including me) wanted, but I worked with Jerry and Tony at LET/Eurocharged through a couple of revisions. We wanted the tune to be perfect and it really is.

First about the shop - the guys there are fantastic. Everyone is a pleasure to deal with, professional and knowledgeable in their craft. While waiting for the dyno on my first trip I got to watch them custom tune a CLK55. The numbers they got over other people's work were astonishing. The car wasn't so bad itself - hats off to the owner from the east coast.

When everyone talks about the Dyno Dynamics being a heartbreaker, they aren't kidding. After strapping my car on we managed to get a whopping 330.7. For a 451 stock crank figure - that's pretty crappy eh? But again, it's not about the figure, but the delta.

Well the delta is pretty darned impressive for a pure software tune. As you can see in the graph, changes are made across the board and increase dramatically over 4700 RPM. Of course torque is tweaked as well and there we see an almost constant add on of power.

So in the end - the 330.7 baseline dyno'd at 371.1. That'd be 40 - yep forty - ponies up on a DD dyno. Doing some math that's 505.96 crank HP - on an increase of 55 hp. Torque at the rear is now up to 380 peak at around 4500RPM. Numbers aside, you can really feel the difference. Breaking traction in 2nd isn't a problem, in fact it's going to take some getting used to launching more gently. Gear shifts are firmer and happen very quickly, as the gent from Vegas mentioned perhaps a bit too harsh - let's see what adaptation will do and then reassess (not really an issue for me as I drive M most of the time). Crappiest thing about this tune? I have to get my teeth bleached because I'm grinning all day and might as well have white teeth to show for it.

I'll be spending some more time with Jerry, Tony and the gang over the next couple of months (yep, taking winter wheels off to dyno - it's a dirty job, but for you guys, I'll do it ) we'll continue to develop this.

So in short - value 10, customer service 10, product 10. Highly recommended.

(and thanks Jerry, Tony, Jake, Andy, Greg and anyone else I may have missed).

Peet

Attached Thumbnails 2009 c63 LET/Eurocharged tune results-dynov1.jpg  
Old 11-15-2009, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Nice write-up! Thanks for sharing the info!!
Old 11-15-2009, 05:00 PM

C63 AMG
40whp gain on dynodynamic is nite and day

I only pulled 333whp on a dyno dynamic stock
Old 11-15-2009, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
##

I'm very interested in doing this to our 09C63 also.

Adaptation - I'm curious about this as well. On the old school EECIV (Fuel Inj Mustangs - Fox Chassis Cars) they have adaptive learning which will change the tune over time based on the computer and the engine sensors. So if you play with fuel pressure, or open up a restriction in the air intake tract your tune today (AFR) will eventually be different tomorrow.... possibly lean due to adaptive learning. We work around adaptive learning in the mustangs 1 of two ways: 1) For a track only car you can disconnect the battery each track day and you get your original tune.... 2) Install a chip with a tune.... this will over-ride any adaptive learning.

Does the same apply to the C63 ECU with regard to adaptive learning?

Did your tuner dyno and develop their tune with a wideband oxygen sensor on the car real-time to watch Air Fuel Ratio. On the mustangs we try to maintain 10.9-11.5 AFR supercharged throughout the rpm range and 12.-13.2 AFR n/a. Do you know what they shoot for on a C63 tune?

Fuel Injectors - Does anyone know what size fuel injectors #/hr rating comes on out C63's? How much add'l HP can the stock injectors handle and keep the duty cycle happy (<85%?)

Same for stock fuel pump..... what size lph is in the tank? How much add'l HP can the stock fuel pump handle?

Is the C63 fuel injection system returnless style?

Sorry for all the questions..... but I'm curious about the details of the C63 Tune if anyone can comment.

I'll be getting my tune soon..... because I'd like my C63 throttle bodies to go to Wide Open Throttle ..... not some silly detuned 50% open value like I hear they do stock....

Another question....... can you buy a spare C63 ECU and put a tune on the spare.... and just switch ECU's when you go for dealer service? How much would an AMG ECU cost? Is it the same part in several MB models? I might keep my eyes open for a used ECU on fleabay.

Here's a pic of our beloved ECU:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_sj9SDNw6h1...h/DSC00095.JPG
http://tezta.blogspot.com/2009/08/dm...m-for-c63.html

Jeff - Houston

Last edited by betrezra; 11-15-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats and fine job from the men @ Eurocharged.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Betrezra, the benz does adaptation too. So time will tell how this will affect the tuning. We did do this with a wideband hooked up and watched a/f. The car was running pretty even at 13 through around 2500RPM then 12.5 through redline if I remember correctly - sorry, I didn't grab the a/f graph - but I am certain that it was a flat horizontal line - pretty darn near anyhow. Not as rich as what you suggested but plenty of power to be had and we didn't see any fuel starvation dips.

There doesn't seem to be anything gained with injectors and fuel pumps on our cars. The throttle body is a limiting factor as are the air intake boxes and exhaust front plumbing. If you consider that a tune and some long tubes gets you 100hp on an NA engine...

In order:

- Throttle body - not sure anyone is doing anything with this right now (physical that is, tune is another matter).
- Intakes - the U.S. varient has a restricted intake (see other threads around here somewhere) but the rest of the world (ROTW) intakes are not restricted, so this will be something I'll be pursuing as well.
- Exhaust - the C's exhaust system is slightly smaller in diameter than the rest. Couple this with the complex headers and there is a fair amount of restriction. As others have already stated the excellent headers MHP sells open up as much as a tune (more if I remember correctly) and are just the result of good fluid dynamics in the header and bigger diameter piping. If you're not interested in going for the full monte on the pipes, I think Eurocharged will have something very soon

Your last question on ECUs - yes, you certainly can do that. Here's what you should prepare yourself for... the ECU costs $1600. You can only buy it from your dealer and will need to give them your VIN. They will grill you why you're doing this etc. The ECU is restricted sales along with the keys for the cars mainly for theft prevention, but it also helps keep tuners out. You'll never find an ECU on ebay for this car - and if you do, frankly, it's pointless as it has to be VIN married at the factory to your chassis VIN. I visited the parts counter and got grilled as if I was a thief rather than a customer who purchased a $67k vehicle - so I gave up. Finally got the cajones to just have mine flashed.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
AMG

Wow PEET Thanks for the treasure trove of data!

All in one post too. Thanks for letting me NOOOOB up your post tooo... I've played with mustangs and Z06's.... but I'm a NOOOB to the AMG world.

Thanks.

I find it hard to believe that the Dealership cannot detect a tune on the ECU.. particularly if they go through all this trouble to tie the ECU to the Vin.....

Anyone know of a Houston AMG tuner you can trust?

Great Post.

I'm subscribing.

Cheers,
Jeff
Old 11-15-2009, 08:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2015 GL550 2006 S55
The dealer can definitely tell if a car has been tuned. My dealer told me mine had been and what was changed.

Originally Posted by betrezra

I find it hard to believe that the Dealership cannot detect a tune on the ECU..
Old 11-15-2009, 08:37 PM

C63 & Mustang Mach1(s)
Hey Peet thanks for paving the way for us on this great product from Eurocharge. I too like the verison I have currently can't wait to try the new an improved tune. Great write-up, at some point I will be getting it on a dyno.
Came back from a nice long drive 80 miles and was able to get on her pretty good. Wow, getting her rev'd up is like heaven. I didn't know this car shifted out of 3rd at about 93 mph!! What a blast!

Bill

Last edited by Vegas_AMG; 11-15-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by peet
- Throttle body - not sure anyone is doing anything with this right now (physical that is, tune is another matter).

- Intakes - the U.S. varient has a restricted intake (see other threads around here somewhere) but the rest of the world (ROTW) intakes are not restricted, so this will be something I'll be pursuing as well.
As for the throttles, KLEEMANN has an enlarged set that is very pricey.

Here is the airbox thread you mentioned: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...mystified.html Hopefully, someday, someone will make a Renntech airbox clone. Can't wait to see what exhaust options Eurocharged will have down the line.

Last edited by Sincity; 11-15-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:32 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Call me with any questions guys! (312)446-6326
Old 11-22-2009, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jerry@LETMotorsports
Call me with any questions guys! (312)446-6326
I navigated your website a few times in the past and I am still not been able to choose the C63 AMG model under your product link.