Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our MBWorld Marketplace classifieds forum.

Beware of Sonicboom

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 mercedes benz C180k Avantgarde SE
Beware of Sonicboom

This guy was selling BBS LM in classified thread with an attractive price and apparently his thread was closed. I'm not sure why his thread is closed but I was about to reveal this guy in his thread a couple of days ago but holding up just to see if he would reply in his thread so I could give this on his face.

He sent 4 pictures to my email of 'his' BBS LM. All wheels look very mint and clean. I'm skeptical though.. since his thread is his first post and the all time favorite wheels are too good to be true. So I google around and to my surprise, I found this: Nick Car's Blog

The fraud seller sent him the exact picture that Sonicboom sent to my email. In Nick's blog, you could see that this douche was known as SOFLY00. The modus operandi is the same. He'll ask for money transfer. He went to numerous car enthusiast forum and banned by many like audizine & 370Z. The best part is, this douche bag even asked for help how to photoshop a written piece of paper & place on the wheel.. & If anyone of you wondering how he looks like, Nick found his pictures on the web too

So.. just a friendly advice to all, not to do business with this guy and if possible, I hope admin could ban this looser so he won't steal other people's hard earn money.. at least in mbworld.

Zack
Old 08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2005 E500 Estate Wagon
LOL!!!!! SCAMMER!!!!! In the one post in the blog....that's a my picture of the LM's I just sold the other day!!!!

If he sent you pics with black caps to your email.....they were probably my pics he copied and pasted out of my thread!!!

Zack please compare the pics in my thread with the ones he emailed you.......and say it ain't so....LOL!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:10 AM

2006 mercedes benz C180k Avantgarde SE
Originally Posted by B. Gorman
LOL!!!!! SCAMMER!!!!! In the one post in the blog....that's a my picture of the LM's I just sold the other day!!!!

If he sent you pics with black caps to your email.....they were probably my pics he copied and pasted out of my thread!!!

Zack please compare the pics in my thread with the ones he emailed you.......and say it ain't so....LOL!!!
That freaking douche bag indeed sent me the same pictures!! they look different though when the picture scale is small.. but.. all in all.. I'll be a double douche than he is if I fall for his trap..
& I hope not a single member in this forum has been fooled by this scammer.

For all its worth, buying on the net is always risky and we all need to proceed with caution. Maybe for a good and best price on used crazy sexy wheels.. we should turn to someone we could trust.. like Bill perhaps
Old 08-13-2010, 12:31 PM

2006 Audi A4
Yep - thats the guy!

He must be pressed for cash, another person has contacted me saying he was trying to flip Macbook Pros too.

Glad my post was able to help uncover this scum-bag.

- Nick from Nick's Car Blog
Old 08-14-2010, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Thank you all for your legwork. User is deleted.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
It's too bad the cops will do absolutely nothing about this. After the headers thread, I simply wont buy unless the person has a reputation. It is important to share our successes, as that helps others know when they are safe and when they are just asking to be ripped off.