C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Really bad experience with 360 Forged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C280
Angry Really bad experience with 360 Forged

I really don’t want to do this in the hard way, but I run out of my patient.
I ordered a set of CF5ive from 360 Forged with Jordan back in June for my W204.
Estimate finish date was 08/10/2008 (Invoice no. 1309).
I mailed him on July 14th regarding to the progress and he said:
We are in the final stage of production on your wheels. They should be done very soon. Please arrange to send the balance to us as soon as possible so there are no hold ups.
I asked him to send me the pictures as soon as the wheels are ready. (Fortunately I didn’t send payment at that time).
On Sep 4th I asked him again and he said he can’t give me the finishing date till end of the month. (Didn’t he say it will be done very soon a month ago?)
On Oct 8th he still can’t give me the answer so I decided to cancel the order.
I didn’t ask him for any compensation all I want is to return me the deposit.
But he said those wheels have been machined and he doesn’t want to keep them in the half way.
So I agreed to get a standard finish of center disk (Spec 5ive) and negotiated a fair price that both of us agreed.
On Oct 17th he sent me the pictures for my wheel and I sent the balance to him.
After he confirmed the payment on Oct 29th he said he will send the wheels out next day so it should be on 30th.
Bravo, it should be a happy ending now but guess what I still haven’t got the wheel today.
I asked him to give me the tracking number on Oct 30th.
I mailed him three times and called him twice but still no reply.
He was at SEMA show last week, OK fine, but if he sent out on 30th there’s no way I haven’t got my wheel.
If there is any problem he should let me know but he never replied me back with any shipping information.

We are talking about over $5000 order, not a pizza delivery. He should at least give me the tracking number so that I know what’s going on with my shipping status.
This whole purchase progress is just out of order, I never thought a simple purchase could be so wrong.

I really hope I am the last one to go through this painful purchase experience.
Let’s count from today, how long do I need to wait to get my wheels.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:07 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
If you paid with CC should be able to get money back and cancel. Maybe they're having finance problems.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:38 AM
Almost a Member!

C280
Originally Posted by whiteongrey
If you paid with CC should be able to get money back and cancel. Maybe they're having finance problems.
Hope not, they are sponsor to this forum, if that's the case then maybe not only me is in danger.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by madracer
Hope not, they are sponsor to this forum, if that's the case then maybe not only me is in danger.
I would not have paid the balance. That is ridiculous, you were supposed to get the rims in August. Period.

If you paid with a credit card, I would cancel the order just on GP. It's the middle of November, 4 months behind schedule. Really, you should be offered a discount on the wait. You have to stand up on these types of issues, or people will hand you anything. I can't do that to a customer, I would get sued and lose business. Just my thoughts.

Example: When I took my car in for service, they missed washing it and messed up on printing the bill. So, at first I thought no big deal. Then again I complained about it and I got a full detail and a $50 gift card to Office Depot on my next visit.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:17 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
11' R8 - 11' RR Sport
They are a small operation..given what it may seem like they are ballers on these forums..They do $$ over volume..don't be fooled...get your cake back!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C350
This is too bad, im sorry... a little communication on their part could go a long way...
Old 11-12-2008, 09:40 PM

2009 mercedes c300
what a scammer!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
360 FORGED
NO scam Jack, the wheels have been shipped, you'll receive very shortly as I said on the phone. I also emailed you tracking info, which I will resend tomorrow when I get into the office. I even sent you pictures of the wheels before we shipped them.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Jordan certainly is not a scam. I have talked with the folks over at 360 and seen their work. You need to be patient with thir wheels. Their quality and craftsmanship is above and beyond that of most anyone else.

You will not find a single bad review of Jordan and/or his company. Nuff said.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by UGOTMOPPED
They are a small operation..given what it may seem like they are ballers on these forums..They do $$ over volume..don't be fooled...get your cake back!
Have you ever met the folks from 360? They certainly are not small by any mean. All their work is strictly custom and specific to each vehicle and customer.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Almost a Member!

C280
Originally Posted by cls63
NO scam Jack, the wheels have been shipped, you'll receive very shortly as I said on the phone. I also emailed you tracking info, which I will resend tomorrow when I get into the office. I even sent you pictures of the wheels before we shipped them.
No, the wheels are definitely not shipped yet. Your sec Jessica just asked me some info for shipping process these two days. And you never mailed me tracking info.
I belive the quality of these wheels are good and if I don't like them I wouldn't spend so much time for waiting. But the whole process is really a night mare, anyone in my position wouldn't be happy.
I just hope I can get the wheels asap.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
No, the wheels are definitely not shipped yet. Your sec Jessica just asked me some info for shipping process these two days. And you never mailed me tracking info.
I belive the quality of these wheels are good and if I don't like them I wouldn't spend so much time for waiting. But the whole process is really a night mare, anyone in my position wouldn't be happy.
I just hope I can get the wheels asap.
What exactly is the deal here?

360 says they sent the rims and tracking information.

You are saying no tracking information, not shipped, and spoke with 360? Something is definitely not right here. Just my 2 cents, 4 months on custom rims is way too long. There is no excuse, and not trying to instigate anything either.

I hope you get the rims, but this raises a red flag. IMO.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:03 AM
Almost a Member!

C280
Since I posted this thread I called Jordan on 11/11 and he still told me the wheel has been shipped and he will send info to me, but look at the mail he and his sec sent in these two days:

11/11
My sec. arrives in 2 hours, as soon as she gets here I will have her send you tracking info.

11/11
Hello kai, this is Jessica from 360FORGED, INC. I wanted to confirm that the address we will be shipping your wheels to is a business or a residence? Please let me know as soon as possible so we can expedite the procedure.
Thank you.

11/12
I needed to confirmt hatt detail in order to ship them, please know that as soon as I get a tracking number I will e-mail it to you. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

11/12
What airport is closer to you in kaohsiung? Or Taipei?
Please advise so I can finalize shipment details.

So it's very clear the wheels are still in 360.

I think they have communication problem internally, and that's what I am angry about. I never get correct infomation, I think Jordan even didn't know the wheels are still in their office.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Almost a Member!

009 BENZ C300
**** them , If they can't ship there product they shouldn't be running the business you should get your money back or they should give you a HUGE discount on them. Waiting over 4 months is to long that is bbulls****. I was thinking of buying rims from them but not any more if this how they run there business in no way im going to buy of these guys.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
What a bunch of babies in this thread. You all are getting your panties bunched up for no apparent reason. Jordan the OWNER of 360 has said your wheels have been shipped. Perhaps his secretary is the one that is misinformed.

Why don't you handle it with Jordan off line. There are hundreds of us here who have dealt with Jordan and 360 in more than one way or another and he has never left a bad taste in anyones mouth.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
What a bunch of babies in this thread. You all are getting your panties bunched up for no apparent reason. Jordan the OWNER of 360 has said your wheels have been shipped. Perhaps his secretary is the one that is misinformed.

Why don't you handle it with Jordan off line. There are hundreds of us here who have dealt with Jordan and 360 in more than one way or another and he has never left a bad taste in anyones mouth.
I don't think 4 months is being a baby about getting something you paid for. I'm not riding the drama out, but let's be objective here.

Some here are going to the extreme on it I admit, but don't you think 4 months and counting is too long to get some rims even if custom?

The OP has a valid reason for being upset, even if the rims have been shipped.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by bigben320e
I don't think 4 months is being a baby about getting something you paid for. I'm not riding the drama out, but let's be objective here.

Some here are going to the extreme on it I admit, but don't you think 4 months and counting is too long to get some rims even if custom?

The OP has a valid reason for being upset, even if the rims have been shipped.
I can agree with this. My DPE wheels took about 6 weeks and I thought THAT was a long time.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Honestly.... 4 months is a long time to get custom wheels completed. I understand these are the CF wrapped ones which can add to the process time, but OP was told he'd receive the wheels in Aug. Delays will happen, which is unfortunate, but whatever. However, a 3 month slip is pretty bad. Especially since OP sacrificed what he originally wanted (CF for standard finish) to expedite the delivery of his wheels.

This does sound like an isolated incident as I've heard nothing but good things about 360 and am toying with the idea of getting the same wheels (CF5ive) madracer was getting. It just sucks when you're the exception to the rule. Madracer has been an asset to the w204 scene in my opinion (pioneering the way for CF components that several members are using), and it sounds like he DID try to handle this in private. Unfortunate as it is, it does sound like this will be resolved shortly though.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Almost a Member!

009 BENZ C300

what are you jordans ***** that you need to stand up for him, the customer is always right, if he says he has not got the rims and he has been waiting for OVER 4 MONTHS!! lets see you wait that long for your rims. First off all if 360 wants to run a successful business they need to get it organized and see were they went wrong and deal with the problem rather than making lies and telling something different everytime. and i think the customer should be given a FAT discount
Old 11-13-2008, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by desi_benz
what are you jordans ***** that you need to stand up for him, the customer is always right, if he says he has not got the rims and he has been waiting for OVER 4 MONTHS!! lets see you wait that long for your rims. First off all if 360 wants to run a successful business they need to get it organized and see were they went wrong and deal with the problem rather than making lies and telling something different everytime. and i think the customer should be given a FAT discount
listen fellow desi. The customer is not always right. There are always two sides to a story. We are only seeing the OP's side. I can vouch for Jordan. If you work in the service industry you will realize this.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Almost a Member!

009 BENZ C300
listen fellow desi. The customer is not always right. There are always two sides to a story. We are only seeing the OP's side. I can vouch for Jordan. If you work in the service industry you will realize this.
You are very right! I do work in a service industry and i know there are lot of lies in the service industry to keep your customers happy. But you do have a point mb fanatic, I'm just trying to get justice for the poor guy.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:34 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
08 C300
it is true that customer is not always right.
but, let's face it. being delayed over 4 months? (which is true), i think it's little too much.
also, still hearing different words from sec and manager knowing that it's been delayed over 4 months? that's just taking to next level.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Almost a Member!

2008 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
Hope you get your wheels bro!! Thanks for lettings us know!!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:57 AM
Almost a Member!

C280
Thanks guys I appreciate your support.
I am not trying to start a debate here, don’t get me wrong.
I believe Jordan is a nice guy and respect his reputation here and in other forum.
I did a lot of research before I ordered my rims.
I am in auto parts industry myself, and things go wrong sometimes but you need to fix it.
Jordan is in charge of my deal so if anything goes wrong he needs to take his responsibility.
I do want to keep this as private, but time after time he turns me down.
I am curious to hear his side of story too, I never know what’s going on.
It’s just a basic concept you go to buy something you pay the price and you get the stuff you want.
So I paid my payment but after two weeks the rims are still in his office especially he told me rims have been sent two weeks ago. How do you feel?
I am not in US otherwise I would be at 360 already, I have to keep awake till midnight every time I call him.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Thanks guys I appreciate your support.
I am not trying to start a debate here, don’t get me wrong.
I believe Jordan is a nice guy and respect his reputation here and in other forum.
I did a lot of research before I ordered my rims.
I am in auto parts industry myself, and things go wrong sometimes but you need to fix it.
Jordan is in charge of my deal so if anything goes wrong he needs to take his responsibility.
I do want to keep this as private, but time after time he turns me down.
I am curious to hear his side of story too, I never know what’s going on.
It’s just a basic concept you go to buy something you pay the price and you get the stuff you want.
So I paid my payment but after two weeks the rims are still in his office especially he told me rims have been sent two weeks ago. How do you feel?
I am not in US otherwise I would be at 360 already, I have to keep awake till midnight every time I call him.
I guess at this point you have to make a decision on whether you still want the rims. After this experience, you will be hyper sensitive to anything imperfect about this rims.

I would guess that international shipping might be adding to the delays...providing they really have shipped.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Really bad experience with 360 Forged