C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

light tinting. whats your take on these laws?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
light tinting. whats your take on these laws?

I'm thinking about getting my headlights and tail lights tinted. Whats your take on these laws below in Arizona?

28-931. Lamp colors
A. Front clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color.
B. Rear clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the rear or on the sides near the rear of a vehicle shall display or reflect a red color.
C. All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except that:
1. The stoplight or other signal device may be red, amber or yellow, except on a commercial vehicle

28-939. Signal lamps and devices
A. A motor vehicle may be equipped and if required under this article shall be equipped with the following:
1. A stop lamp on the rear that emits a red or yellow light, that is actuated on application of the service or foot brake and that may be incorporated with a tail lamp.
2. One or more lamps or a mechanical signal device that is capable of clearly indicating an intention to turn either to the right or to the left and that is visible both from the front and rear.
B. A stop lamp shall be plainly visible and understandable from a distance of one hundred feet to the rear both during normal sunlight and at nighttime. A signal lamp or lamps indicating the intention to turn shall be visible and understandable during daytime and nighttime from a distance of one hundred feet both to the front and rear. If a vehicle is equipped with a stop lamp or other signal lamps, the lamp or lamps shall:
1. Be maintained at all times in good working condition.
2. Not project a glaring or dazzling light.
C. A mechanical signal device shall be self-illuminated when in use at the times provided in section 28-922.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
usually cops don't care if the rear tail lights are tinted, but they'll usually pull you over for front tinted head lights.

You can probably just put red reflectors on the bottom of the rear bumper similar to the old e46 bmws and should be in compliance with the law.

Not sure about the fronts.

Honestly, i wouldn't do it. it looks tacky on street cars. It looks ok with yellow tinted head lights on race cars.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Do what pleases you but don't bring unneeded to urself when driving by or near cops
Old 10-29-2008, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
im gonna tint my taillights soon despite the arizona law. i've seen a ton of cars down here with tinted tails (including a black W203 and a monaco 335i). I dont think its that big of a deal and i dont think that cops will care that much about it.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RENNtech C32 AMG
I've never been hassled for it in any of my cars. Just as long as you don't portray a "ricer" image and have a list of wrong thing going on with your car, you should be fine. Just do your self a favor, and DON'T do the headlights, I Guarantee you WILL regret it. When I see cars next to me at night with smoked out/blacked out headlights, I see them going back and forth with their high beams cause they cant see the road! It's going from HID's to candle power. I'd like to see a smoked tail on your car like the new SL65/CLK63/E63 I think thats the best without being over kill.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by calimax
I've never been hassled for it in any of my cars. Just as long as you don't portray a "ricer" image and have a list of wrong thing going on with your car, you should be fine. Just do your self a favor, and DON'T do the headlights, I Guarantee you WILL regret it. When I see cars next to me at night with smoked out/blacked out headlights, I see them going back and forth with their high beams cause they cant see the road! It's going from HID's to candle power. I'd like to see a smoked tail on your car like the new SL65/CLK63/E63 I think thats the best without being over kill.
Hows the PD training going?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:14 PM

RENNtech C32 AMG
not bad, been talking to a lot of friends of friends who are cops and getting advised on what I should do, what to research, ride along, etc. I'm looking into joining the "Sheriff Joe's Posse" and other local organizations to build up some good accreditations. Finally found a regular job, to keep the AMG alive, and in my possession lol
Old 10-31-2008, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by calimax
not bad, been talking to a lot of friends of friends who are cops and getting advised on what I should do, what to research, ride along, etc. I'm looking into joining the "Sheriff Joe's Posse" and other local organizations to build up some good accreditations. Finally found a regular job, to keep the AMG alive, and in my possession lol

And what will you do when that AMG passes the squad at double the limit, Thumbs up or thumbs down???
Old 10-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
[/B]

And what will you do when that AMG passes the squad at double the limit, Thumbs up or thumbs down???
I got a feeling he will be looking for a blacked out C55.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:52 PM

RENNtech C32 AMG
lol, I'm not much of a speeder anymore, not with all the photo radar popping up everywhere. People are actually doing the speed limit now! It used to be that you were going 65/55, you were one of the very few people doing it, now your one of the few if you go any higher.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:40 AM

SRT-6
I like the glass dark

...........With the glass so dark they won't even know your name......

Old 11-03-2008, 08:37 PM

RENNtech C32 AMG
wow, and I'd bet they'd like to know if you have a prescription from the doctor in your glove box along with your insurance and registration for that tint please? lol How the heck do you see at night?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by BrianBrave
...........With the glass so dark they won't even know your name......

lol tint front wind shield is a auto ticket non correctable in cali.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Hooleyboy...I have 30% clearshield tint on all my front lights (main, running, and fog)...It's not dark enough to get too much PD attention.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
^^^ awesome!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
I mainly did it for road debris protection and when the installer told me he had 30% tint version then it was a no brainer...