What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford
What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?

Andy,
You can fool some of the people all of the time, you can also fool all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.

You have dragged my name and information through the mud enough; it has come time to call you out. This will be my only post, so there is no need to reply with anything to attempt to save face, I will not respond.

I have probably been reverse engineering automotive pcms longer than you knew what they are. I am not new to this at all. You have regurgitated information that you have gotten from Dave Kasper, and Dave Kasper has got from me during a phone conversation about providing Dave with a flash device, so that his customers would not be required to send their pcm in. I had told Dave about reflash protection that ONLY Bosch can generate. Dave told you , you told a potential customer and that customer repeated back to me. Some of the details were wrong as a result of going through three people before it got back to me but the fundamental story was the same. Dave Kasper boasts having the ability to generate the necessary key to pass the protection method. If this were true, he would have a capability not intrusted to Mercedes, AMG or GM. Yes, GM is using the ME97 ecu as well. Bosch supplies development ecus to the manufactures for calibration development but the final files that are distributed to dealers are all protected and ONLY Bosch can provide the protection key. Dave is not generating these keys. If he were, there would be no need for customers to send him ecus. It is literally that simple.

Now my friend has dynode his car stock today and a car with an ecu tuned by you. The difference was 31 RWHP. What happened to the 80+ RWHP you have promised?? The 407 RWHP he got from your “Stage III” tune is exactly what a stock E63 gets so I suspect Dave has simply placed an E63 or similar file on the C63 as they have the throttle fully opened where the C63 is throttle limited. I think the rest of the world needs to know that there is a lot more in the ecu than just opening the throttle and real tuners use this to generate more power.

You and Dave are now on notice; we will get some of your flashed ecu’s. We will read them in an attempt to prove our theory that your customers are buying nothing more than a stock Mercedes file. Either way, we will post the results. Now as to what you might say about copyrighted information. Calibration data is not copyrightable, If you think it is, sue me and see who wins. I have already been down this road a few times, and I know the directions quite well.

As an alternative, customers need only log OBDii data from their cars and compare mixture, timing and throttle angle between a stock C63, stock E or S63 and your product. If the only difference is throttle opening then they will know that no real effort was put into the “tune”.

Now for the TCU being inside the ECU. That is entirely false and an outright LIE. You will notice in the attached pictures that even the factory Mercedes repair information shows the TCU inside the transmission, just as I have told my friend. You told him that I was basically a fool. Who is the real fool?? There are some shift timers and desired shift times in the ECU, but this is relayed via the CAN bus. So unless the customer is shipping the entire transmission to you, how are you giving them a TCU reflash?? Sounds to me like you owe some refunds to your customers. You might want to refer to the documentation before letting the bile spill from your mouth. I have seen many like you before, you get a little bit of information, and you spread it and attempt to make yourself appear as “The Man”. I have news for you, I have ran across your type many times before, and I am still in business long after they have went bankrupt.
Attached Thumbnails What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?-c63-trans-pic1.jpg   What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?-c63-trans-pic2.jpg  
Old 02-09-2009, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Old 02-09-2009, 06:36 PM

bike
As far as I know Andy is banned and won't be able to respond to this.

Also, who are you?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:38 PM

Ford
Thank you for the infomation, could you kinldy point me in his direction?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Tim
Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM

Ford
Originally Posted by bigbodybeeenz
Also, who are you?
I am the one that works behind the scenes for a lot of ecu tuning compinies reverseing the newer cars as they come out.

Tim
Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM

2006 BMW 330i, 2009 C63
Old 02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by Tim Milliken

Tim
I see Andy over on the Club Lexus board a fair bit...in the IS-F forum.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Hey Tim,
I'm not real sure what your beef is with Andy but its obviously serious. I just received my ECU back from Andy and finally got it on the dyno today. It pulled 449rwhp and 400rwtq today. Those numbers are corrected and smoothing was done. Those are some serious numbers and as far as I know there are none higher to date. I have deleted the secondary cats and have the MKB headers. Otherwise the car is stock. Andy did a good job building power for my car and its proven. I also ran an 11.596 last Friday night in Orlando which is not the optimal conditions and it was the first day I had the ECU back. Why bash Andy/MHP and run off. What happened that caused the beef? Some of us have had great results but yet you bash him? The results are on the dyno and track so far for me.

Porsche 911 Carerra 4S
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
UH OH!! This is getting juicy, yikes for all that money these people spent for a simple E63 tune, wow, this is not good.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
This is the first post in a very long time that I have had to read twice....

Thanks Tim for a Very thought provoking post!!

As a side bar, does this mean if my Shop Foreman at MB is willing to flash my C63 with an E or S63 file I would get the same result (520+hp)??
Old 02-09-2009, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55

As a side bar, does this mean if my Shop Foreman at MB is willing to flash my C63 with an E or S63 file I would get the same result (520+hp)??
More importantly, how much would it cost to get that stock E63 or S63 file onto our C63's ECU? And is that fully warrantied?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:50 PM

Ford
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Hey Tim,
I'm not real sure what your beef is with Andy but its obviously serious. I just received my ECU back from Andy and finally got it on the dyno today. It pulled 449rwhp and 400rwtq today. Those numbers are corrected and smoothing was done. Those are some serious numbers and as far as I know there are none higher to date. I have deleted the secondary cats and have the MKB headers. Otherwise the car is stock. Andy did a good job building power for my car and its proven. I also ran an 11.596 last Friday night in Orlando which is not the optimal conditions and it was the first day I had the ECU back. Why bash Andy/MHP and run off. What happened that caused the beef? Some of us have had great results but yet you bash him? The results are on the dyno and track so far for me.
My beef with him, is he basically called me a fool. He bashes everyone else (some that I have done work for), all to make himself appear better. I do not take kindly to being called a fool. He should be very careful what he speaks and about who he speak about. Yes your numbers are impressive, but did you pay the extra 2K + for the tcu flash that is not even in the ECU?? Sounds like you did not get what you paid for. I did not say that I would not speak to others, I did mean that I will not argue with him about this matter. I only wanted the public to know what he is doing to them.

Tim
Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels

Tim
dude you have no clue what u and your friend are talking about,

i have the mhp tune and i dynoed my car to day, i have 6 dyno sheets and 2 diffrent dyno places that i went to TODAY. i made 421 whp and 390 torque. thats with ONLY 350 miles on the tune.

ok now the tcu part, i have 10/10 shifts in my car and i took a member of this fourm for a ride also and he can tell you that if not a lie or b.s the tcu if 100% true.

let me finish reading what u posted brb
Old 02-09-2009, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
who are you. whats your friends naem that has his car tuned. he most likey dint break in the tune the RIGHT WAY.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Hey Tim,
mthis posted pretty stout dyno and track results as well...

Even if the OP thought Andy's track and dyno performances weren't legit (AFAIK, they are), the third-party results that customers have experienced in the C63 seem to validate the claims.

FWIW, I have an MHP ECU/TCU tune in my C32 AMG, and I've been very happy with the results to date.

EDIT: Also, my two cents, it's pretty inflammatory to post a thread like this, when MHP is on suspension and cannot respond to the allegations. Why not go to Modern Horsepower's website (they're a forum sponsor, you can find it pretty easily) and call or email Andy if you have a bone to pick with him?

Last edited by c32AMG-DTM; 02-09-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:53 PM

Ford
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C55

Who is making 520+ RWHP?? Soon, someone will have a device that will do just that for you, and you can even put it back to stock. I will not promote any company though.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:55 PM

09 Black C63 near Future?, 07 Black C6 ZO6, 07 Black Trailblazer SS
My beef with him, is he basically called me a fool. He bashes everyone else (some that I have done work for), all to make himself appear better. I do not take kindly to being called a fool. He should be very careful what he speaks and about who he speak about. Yes your numbers are impressive, but did you pay the extra 2K + for the tcu flash that is not even in the ECU?? Sounds like you did not get what you paid for. I did not say that I would not speak to others, I did mean that I will not argue with him about this matter. I only wanted the public to know what he is doing to them.

Tim
Tim do you do tuning yourselffor customer? If you do and don't want to say what company openly please PM me the info. I am looking for a Legit source for custom tuning my C63 (whoever it may be)

Thanks!!

IceBourg
Old 02-09-2009, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
what happened now wher did you go. we want some anwer smart guy.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Hey tim if someone called me a fool i would speak directly to him. His cell number is everywere so give him a ring and handle it like a man.. this sounds like something my 3 year old would start..

andys number is 614-940-9523
Old 02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
1. if you know so much about tuning why dont you do it yourself.
2. andy NEVER said anything about 80rwhp.

anyways here is andys number he said his waiting for your phone call. 614-940-9523
Old 02-09-2009, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by mthis
dude you have no clue what u and your friend are talking about,

i have the mhp tune and i dynoed my car to day, i have 6 dyno sheets and 2 diffrent dyno places that i went to TODAY. i made 421 whp and 390 torque. thats with ONLY 350 miles on the tune.
If you got 421rwhp x 17.5% = around 500 hp right? Which is in line with the E63, SL63, etc. etc.?

Didn't your car start with 38Xrwhp? So roughly 35rwhp gain?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
chubbs i was with mthis today at the dyno i think his stok was 370s but im sure hell chime in soon
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by chubbs032
If you got 421rwhp x 17.5% = around 500 hp right? Which is in line with the E63, SL63, etc. etc.?

Didn't your car start with 38Xrwhp? So roughly 35rwhp gain?
my car made 375 stock.
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
Who is making 520+ RWHP?? Soon, someone will have a device that will do just that for you, and you can even put it back to stock. I will not promote any company though.
Tim, Sorry for the confusion. I was was referring to 520 at the Crank much like the S63. My Shop Forman said he would flash my ECU with and E or S63 file if I wanted to give it a try.... No charge (we have had a great working relationship for a few years)

520RWHP from a flash alone would be VERY interesting though

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What does Andy @ MPH really know or do?