C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Kleemann VS Renntech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by soldier2304
both Kleemann and Renntech are respectable companies and have been tuning mercedes vehicles much much longer than others like MHP. In my honest opinion the only difference is the price. One charges $1500 while Renntech charges like $3200 if im not mistaken.... This is pretty much a no brainer
BTW for those that think Renntech doesn't "void" your warranty or that every dealer will honor the tune your in a big denial. Any tune and I repeat any aftermarket tune dont matter if it's Brabus, Renntech or MHP can void your warranty, if and only if something happens to the car and they blame it on the modification of the ECU. The only company that is certified by Mercedes Benz of America is AMG
Priceless. Exactly what I have been several times from SA, SM's, MBUSA, and indy's. Two dealers in GA will do Kleeman and Renntech, the other three said they won't touch it. Period.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Does anyone know any MB dealers in CA that will flash the Kleeman and Renntech tunes?
Old 08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by soldier2304
both Kleemann and Renntech are respectable companies and have been tuning mercedes vehicles much much longer than others like MHP. In my honest opinion the only difference is the price. One charges $1500 while Renntech charges like $3200 if im not mistaken.... This is pretty much a no brainer
BTW for those that think Renntech doesn't "void" your warranty or that every dealer will honor the tune your in a big denial. Any tune and I repeat any aftermarket tune dont matter if it's Brabus, Renntech or MHP can void your warranty, if and only if something happens to the car and they blame it on the modification of the ECU. The only company that is certified by Mercedes Benz of America is AMG
I beg to differ, Ive seen numerous cases personally were warranty has not been voided with kleeman or renntech tune. One being a CLK63 black series, serviced at Encino mercedes.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
This is the only dyno comparison of Kleeman K1 vs Renntech Stage 2 i could find.

http://www.absolutelydriven.com/foru...ead.php?t=5542

I wonder how accurate it is and whether Kleeman has improved their software since then.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
Kleemann
Old 10-31-2010, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by andrey_clk55
This is the only dyno comparison of Kleeman K1 vs Renntech Stage 2 i could find.

http://www.absolutelydriven.com/foru...ead.php?t=5542

I wonder how accurate it is and whether Kleeman has improved their software since then.

Well, it is in my opinion not accurate at all since the OP is MHP. Over all circumstances MHP would always advertize their products over any other competitor wouldn't you think so?

Do you think Coca Cola would say that Pepsi is better on a TV add?, would you say that Chevrolet would say that the F150 from Ford is better than the Chevy silverado?

While the actual dyno test might be true(I don't doubt it) the source(MHP) is biased and the info is compromised.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:00 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by C63newdude
Well, it is in my opinion not accurate at all since the OP is MHP. Over all circumstances MHP would always advertize their products over any other competitor wouldn't you think so?

Do you think Coca Cola would say that Pepsi is better on a TV add?, would you say that Chevrolet would say that the F150 from Ford is better than the Chevy silverado?

While the actual dyno test might be true(I don't doubt it) the source(MHP) is biased and the info is compromised.
I agree that the dyno results for the MHP mode are likely to be overstated, but what is the point for him to cook the Kleeman vs Renntech results?
Old 10-31-2010, 12:47 PM

2009 C63
THESE ARE REAL DYNO RESULTS FROM MY CAR

Guys the dyno results that you found online are not overstated!!!!

The dyno results are MINE.....

I actually posted these reults to MBWORLD forum but for some reason I cannot find them on the site. I think one of the moderators deleted the dyno results because both kleeman and renntech are sponsors of this site.

This is my story:
I had my car dyno'd at 360hp and 360tq.

I purchased a Kleeman tune last year after getting approval from the wife. I went with Kleeman because they were in my mind more well known. After getting the tune I felt the difference right away from stock but could not validate the delta until it was dyno'd..

After taking it to the dyno it was obvious that the tune from kleeman did not perform like they told me it would. I had some gfood gains but not what I was told I would have. I was give excuses like the weather had something to do with it, the cars are all different, I didn't use the right gear and even my car was an 09 and the posted results were based on an 08. Either way I was not happy with the dyno results and asked for my money back.

I then contacted Renntech and they assured me that I would get the results they showed on their website. I got my money back from Kleeman and then paid Renntech an additional $1500 for the tune. I think Korey or Cory from Renntech gave me a discount because of my issues with Kleeman so I paid like $3000 for the tune.

I sent the ecu to Renntech (after is was flashed back to stock from Kleeman). Got the upgrade from Renntech, ran it for a few days and then took it to the same dyno that I used for the Kleeman and stock.

I was still not happy with the results from Renntech after the dyno because all the gains were overstated. I contacted Renntech and they gave me the same excusses that Kleeman did. After a few days I finally asked for my money back. They did not want to do that even though I had dyno results to prove the gaines or lack there of.

I sent my ecu back to Renntech and they flashed it back to stock and refunded my money back except 20% restocking fee. No on ever mentioned a restocking fee until I asked for my money back....

Got the tune and then called MHP Andy. Was very hesitant to pay $500 more for the tune than Renntech but wanted to get the results that I was told i would get. Andy offered (because of the other tow issues with tuners) to do the upgrade for free until the dyno results coould be validated. Wow what a deal... I sent the ecu to Andy and got it back a few days later.

The car felt really strong. 2 days later I took it to the dyno and the car dyno'd exactly that Andy said it should...

The dyno charts are REAL and they are MY ACTUAL RESULTS!!!!!! The reason they are posted my MHP is because I sent them to ANDY after having all three tunes on my car.

I am the only person that I know of to have had all 3 major tunes on thier car and to have had them all dyno's as well. I have nothing bad to say about any tuner so please do not make this a tuner war...

The results are obvious, look at my 1/4 mile times and others that have MHP tunes...

My question to MBWORLD is where are my posts with the dyno results???????

Last edited by Raleighc63; 10-31-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spell
Old 10-31-2010, 01:24 PM

2009 C63
POSTING DYNO RESULTS AGAIN>>>>>
Attached Thumbnails Kleemann VS Renntech-mhp-stock-kleeman-renntech.jpg   Kleemann VS Renntech-stock-vs-mhp-vs-renn.jpg  
Old 10-31-2010, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
I like your post #33, very good info indeed. I followed most of your updates in the past. It would be awesome to have a tuner to give you a trial for lets say 15 days, that will give plenty of time for the owner to test the car at the track and dyno.

Since you did all of the above (Dynos, track and tried all the tunes) you have a very high credibility, I was concern about the OP on the link because it was from MHP directly.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by Raleighc63
Guys the dyno results that you found online are not overstated!!!!

The dyno results are MINE.....

I actually posted these reults to MBWORLD forum but for some reason I cannot find them on the site. I think one of the moderators deleted the dyno results because both kleeman and renntech are sponsors of this site.

This is my story:
I had my car dyno'd at 360hp and 360tq.

I purchased a Kleeman tune last year after getting approval from the wife. I went with Kleeman because they were in my mind more well known. After getting the tune I felt the difference right away from stock but could not validate the delta until it was dyno'd..

After taking it to the dyno it was obvious that the tune from kleeman did not perform like they told me it would. I had some gfood gains but not what I was told I would have. I was give excuses like the weather had something to do with it, the cars are all different, I didn't use the right gear and even my car was an 09 and the posted results were based on an 08. Either way I was not happy with the dyno results and asked for my money back.

I then contacted Renntech and they assured me that I would get the results they showed on their website. I got my money back from Kleeman and then paid Renntech an additional $1500 for the tune. I think Korey or Cory from Renntech gave me a discount because of my issues with Kleeman so I paid like $3000 for the tune.

I sent the ecu to Renntech (after is was flashed back to stock from Kleeman). Got the upgrade from Renntech, ran it for a few days and then took it to the same dyno that I used for the Kleeman and stock.

I was still not happy with the results from Renntech after the dyno because all the gains were overstated. I contacted Renntech and they gave me the same excusses that Kleeman did. After a few days I finally asked for my money back. They did not want to do that even though I had dyno results to prove the gaines or lack there of.

I sent my ecu back to Renntech and they flashed it back to stock and refunded my money back except 20% restocking fee. No on ever mentioned a restocking fee until I asked for my money back....

Got the tune and then called MHP Andy. Was very hesitant to pay $500 more for the tune than Renntech but wanted to get the results that I was told i would get. Andy offered (because of the other tow issues with tuners) to do the upgrade for free until the dyno results coould be validated. Wow what a deal... I sent the ecu to Andy and got it back a few days later.

The car felt really strong. 2 days later I took it to the dyno and the car dyno'd exactly that Andy said it should...

The dyno charts are REAL and they are MY ACTUAL RESULTS!!!!!! The reason they are posted my MHP is because I sent them to ANDY after having all three tunes on my car.

I am the only person that I know of to have had all 3 major tunes on thier car and to have had them all dyno's as well. I have nothing bad to say about any tuner so please do not make this a tuner war...

The results are obvious, look at my 1/4 mile times and others that have MHP tunes...

My question to MBWORLD is where are my posts with the dyno results???????
Thanks for sharing your story.

I agree, the numbers don't lie. MHP has some of the strongest running
cars.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:40 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Raleighc63
POSTING DYNO RESULTS AGAIN>>>>>
Hmm... on your graphs Kleeman is doing pretty bad, almost the same as stock.
However, on MHP's graphs Kleeman was pretty much on par with Renntech...
Old 10-31-2010, 09:16 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Also, what is the difference between MHP v2 and v3?
Old 11-01-2010, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
My K1 dyno is 421.75/384.30 after three runs. IIRC, AMG_Vegas was only a few HP/TQ less than mine on an EC tune. I did run with ROW box tops and K&Ns. We both had our dyno one after the other on 3/13/10. Both of us had 4th gear runs. Conditions: 66.98 F, 28.14 Hg, 9% humidity. I think elevation is in the mid 3ks.

Last edited by Sincity; 11-01-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:26 AM

10' C63, 99' 4Runner 250K miles!
For the stock dyno run, why did it quit at 5800 rpm's? My Mercedes owners manual shows maximum power to be at 6800 rpms.