C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

TTMotorsports..What a Difference..North Jersey Enthusiasts A Must Read!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
TTMotorsports..What a Difference..North Jersey Enthusiasts A Must Read!

Gents,

Hopefully this little narrative will be useful for any enthusiast especially in the North Jersey area that is looking for a reliable, professional and most importantly knowledgeable individual to work on their C63 AMG. About a week ago, a friend of mine purchased a GT Pro x-pipe and installed it on his C63. Due to his subjective opinion, he didn’t like the new soundtrack that his car was now producing with this modification. When my buddy told me he was looking to take it off and sell it, I met up with him as I was curious to hear the new sound of the exhaust. I listened to him rev his car and most importantly drove it for a few minutes and after a brief conversation, we worked out an agreement for me to purchase the x-pipe on his car. I considered the price, however I had that itchy “mod bug”. I felt the exhaust sound was unique, along with the possibly of deleting the secondary cats and gaining a few HP out of this deal I rationalized it was worth pursing.

That same day I went with my friend to a performance shop in North Jersey which he had used a few times and did the original install of the x-pipe. Before any of this happened I researched on the forum about the install process for this particular mod. Bottom line, it’s simple and should be done within one hour for even a novice tech as other members have confirmed. Finally once the install was completed on my car, I started it up and felt a slight vibration coming from underneath the seat. It was my own stupidity. I should of raised a flag and said something right there but I didn’t and drove home with the windows down since it was a nice day. The car sounded different for sure. The following day the weather wasn’t so nice so I drove out of my garage with the windows up. The car sounded AWFUL! The cabin was filled with an aggravating drone, and humming sound at low RPM resonating from beneath the drive side. I knew at this point something was wrong because when I drove my friend’s car with the x-pipe installed none of these issues were present. The following Monday I returned to the performance shop hoping to resolve this issue. When the car went back on the lift everyone clearly saw the x-pipe was hitting the frame on the driver side leading from the exhaust manifold where the cut was made. The evidence was so visible it just showed that the tech (not the owner of the shop) that performed the installed didn’t review his work, or deliberately overlooked the problem. After a few lame desperate prys with a crobar to correct the problem no resolution occurred. I was told the x-pipe needed to be cut and re-welded and that it would be 3 hours of labor at the minimum. Right then the BS alarm finally went off in my head. Even though I am only and Electrical Engineer, how could a something as simple as an x-pipe be defective all of a sudden when I drove my friend’s car that had it installed for a sufficient amount of time. Clearly the installation WAS defective. With that said, I left and went back home to regroup.

I realize sometimes mistakes happen fine, but the smell of BS filled the air when I was given the “cut and re-weld” story. No way on God’s earth was I ever going back to that “butcher shop”! Even though I don’t frequently post much on this forum, I visit it twice a day so I can keep my finger on the pulse of the C63 community. I noticed that there is only one shop in the NY/NJ area that has been praised on a consistent basis. Tuning Technology Motorsports. Considering that even from Hoboken, NJ it would be over an hour drive away, I knew was done dealing with the clueless locals. I contacted Bruce via the forum with a story that was clearly diarrhea of the keyboard just like the one you are reading now. Bruce returned my PM with a phone call to discuss the situation. After we both talked the bark off a tree about what was going on, I made an appointment to visit him today 9/17. The whole time I was at his shop, was spent with him under the lift as he attempted to correct the abortion of an install of a basic x-pipe at the previous shop. While maybe others would feel offended/aggravated by their client surveillancing the scene. Bruce was clearly not. In fact during that time he educated me as he went through his trouble shooting routine so that the only feeling I had inside me was CONFIDENCE!

Eventually Bruce was able to rectify the situation never once making me feel like he was rushing the job or trying to get me “in and out” as quickly as possible. He instructed me to go out for a long drive to make sure I was satisfied with the repair which I was. A good first impression is virtually priceless nowadays especially in the car tuning/modification market and Bruce without a doubt left me with a feeling that justified the numerous praises he has received on this forum. Before I left his shop, I took Bruce up on his offer to modify my intake air boxes to make them similar to the ROW at fraction of the cost. Again the technical brief Bruce presented assured me that this modification was no charade. In the end, my experience with Bruce and Tuning Technology Motorsports set the standard for what a performance shop should be; professional, experienced, and knowledgeable. I am obviously aware that there is an assembly of C63 owners in the North Jersey area growing each day that is looking for a trusted authority to work on their C63 AMG. In my mind that authority is Bruce at Tuning Technology Motorsports.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG
Gents,

Hopefully this little narrative will be useful for any enthusiast especially in the North Jersey area that is looking for a reliable, professional and most importantly knowledgeable individual to work on their C63 AMG. About a week ago, a friend of mine purchased a GT Pro x-pipe and installed it on his C63. Due to his subjective opinion, he didn’t like the new soundtrack that his car was now producing with this modification. When my buddy told me he was looking to take it off and sell it, I met up with him as I was curious to hear the new sound of the exhaust. I listened to him rev his car and most importantly drove it for a few minutes and after a brief conversation, we worked out an agreement for me to purchase the x-pipe on his car. I considered the price, however I had that itchy “mod bug”. I felt the exhaust sound was unique, along with the possibly of deleting the secondary cats and gaining a few HP out of this deal I rationalized it was worth pursing.

That same day I went with my friend to a performance shop in North Jersey which he had used a few times and did the original install of the x-pipe. Before any of this happened I researched on the forum about the install process for this particular mod. Bottom line, it’s simple and should be done within one hour for even a novice tech as other members have confirmed. Finally once the install was completed on my car, I started it up and felt a slight vibration coming from underneath the seat. It was my own stupidity. I should of raised a flag and said something right there but I didn’t and drove home with the windows down since it was a nice day. The car sounded different for sure. The following day the weather wasn’t so nice so I drove out of my garage with the windows up. The car sounded AWFUL! The cabin was filled with an aggravating drone, and humming sound at low RPM resonating from beneath the drive side. I knew at this point something was wrong because when I drove my friend’s car with the x-pipe installed none of these issues were present. The following Monday I returned to the performance shop hoping to resolve this issue. When the car went back on the lift everyone clearly saw the x-pipe was hitting the frame on the driver side leading from the exhaust manifold where the cut was made. The evidence was so visible it just showed that the tech (not the owner of the shop) that performed the installed didn’t review his work, or deliberately overlooked the problem. After a few lame desperate prys with a crobar to correct the problem no resolution occurred. I was told the x-pipe needed to be cut and re-welded and that it would be 3 hours of labor at the minimum. Right then the BS alarm finally went off in my head. Even though I am only and Electrical Engineer, how could a something as simple as an x-pipe be defective all of a sudden when I drove my friend’s car that had it installed for a sufficient amount of time. Clearly the installation WAS defective. With that said, I left and went back home to regroup.

I realize sometimes mistakes happen fine, but the smell of BS filled the air when I was given the “cut and re-weld” story. No way on God’s earth was I ever going back to that “butcher shop”! Even though I don’t frequently post much on this forum, I visit it twice a day so I can keep my finger on the pulse of the C63 community. I noticed that there is only one shop in the NY/NJ area that has been praised on a consistent basis. Tuning Technology Motorsports. Considering that even from Hoboken, NJ it would be over an hour drive away, I knew was done dealing with the clueless locals. I contacted Bruce via the forum with a story that was clearly diarrhea of the keyboard just like the one you are reading now. Bruce returned my PM with a phone call to discuss the situation. After we both talked the bark off a tree about what was going on, I made an appointment to visit him today 9/17. The whole time I was at his shop, was spent with him under the lift as he attempted to correct the abortion of an install of a basic x-pipe at the previous shop. While maybe others would feel offended/aggravated by their client surveillancing the scene. Bruce was clearly not. In fact during that time he educated me as he went through his trouble shooting routine so that the only feeling I had inside me was CONFIDENCE!

Eventually Bruce was able to rectify the situation never once making me feel like he was rushing the job or trying to get me “in and out” as quickly as possible. He instructed me to go out for a long drive to make sure I was satisfied with the repair which I was. A good first impression is virtually priceless nowadays especially in the car tuning/modification market and Bruce without a doubt left me with a feeling that justified the numerous praises he has received on this forum. Before I left his shop, I took Bruce up on his offer to modify my intake air boxes to make them similar to the ROW at fraction of the cost. Again the technical brief Bruce presented assured me that this modification was no charade. In the end, my experience with Bruce and Tuning Technology Motorsports set the standard for what a performance shop should be; professional, experienced, and knowledgeable. I am obviously aware that there is an assembly of C63 owners in the North Jersey area growing each day that is looking for a trusted authority to work on their C63 AMG. In my mind that authority is Bruce at Tuning Technology Motorsports.

Bruce is the man. Great guy. Excellent Mechanic. I called him earlier as he was working on your car. Glad it worked out.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
O good now some more local guys to come run at the track!! I can't wait
Old 09-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whatever we're tuning!
I am glad we were able to correct your issues Mike. Thanks for taking the ride.

Now you know!
Old 09-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Jim-

FREAK C63!
Old 09-19-2010, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
F-250
I wish every vedor, tuner, supplier / speed shop operated with this mentality. Great job TT and Bruce! I think word of mouth is the key to not only long term success, but great relationships along the way.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by Bramage
I wish every vedor, tuner, supplier / speed shop operated with this mentality. Great job TT and Bruce! I think word of mouth is the key to not only long term success, but great relationships along the way.

I appreciate the kind words.

I am sure I can give you some food for thought if we discuss your car!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
Bruce is an awesome guy to deal with! I give him mad props, and his queen even more props for dealing with the phone calls he no doubt fields in the evenings when he goes home.

Nick
Old 09-20-2010, 04:35 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
bruce
what would i gain from a tune for my ml63 with long tubes headers, carbonio intake, k&n filters and no cats.? is jeremy doing the tunes? the ml section is quite thats why i`m asking here.
thank you
Old 09-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by cls55
bruce
what would i gain from a tune for my ml63 with long tubes headers, carbonio intake, k&n filters and no cats.? is jeremy doing the tunes? the ml section is quite thats why i`m asking here.
thank you
I recently started a tuning program on a 2009 ML63 and the base tune was done by Jeremy and the owner noticed quite a huge difference but we weren't able to dyno verify. The ML owner has many STUPID fast street cars so his word is good for the time being. I did a the filters with my air box mod at the time of the tune. This past Saturday I added the Evosport crank pulley and gutted the resonators and it picked up some nice sound and power.

The toss up with the headers was between Evosport or SuperSprint and we chose SuperSprint. They should be on in the next 4-6 weeks.

Realistically my estimate would be ~65-80rwhp with everything. Jeremy is doing all of my tunes regardless of make or model and we have had a HUGE amount of success working together.

I think the mufflers are the reason that the ML is soooo quiet. Even after gutting the resonators it picked up a better exhaust tone but I was expecting more at idle but sounded BAD *** under load. They are huge and if the tops were cut open and remove most, if not all of the packing material will make it sound quite aggressive even without the LT's.

Jeremy will be here tomorrow doing files for me if you are interested. Let me know if you need any more info.

Bruce
Old 09-20-2010, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
is this only performance work? do you do any paintwork and aftermarket installations?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Originally Posted by TTMotorsports
I did a the filters with my air box mod at the time of the tune.
Can you elaborate on this design?
Old 09-20-2010, 05:35 PM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Originally Posted by propain
Bruce is the man. Great guy. Excellent Mechanic. I called him earlier as he was working on your car. Glad it worked out.
Thanks Man. You seemed pretty excited as I could hear your voice over the phone a few feet away.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:48 PM

09 Eurocharged C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Bramage

Bingo. Let's face it; this business is a luxury nit market and not a necessity to people. With that said a first impression along with an open/honest approach installs confidence in the clients like us. The most important thing is Bruce, the man with the experience and knowledge, is the one working on the cars not some "side kick" apprentice!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Whatever we're tuning!
Originally Posted by PatSC23
is this only performance work? do you do any paintwork and aftermarket installations?
No bodywork/paintwork since I have an awesome collision shop that I have do all of my paintwork.

I basically can install anything aftermarket that you could bring here and I also do spray tint/clearcoating of all exterior lighting in house.