Powerchip vs Me - seriously!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Powerchip vs Me - seriously!!!

Well, it seems Wayne from Powerchip wants to take me to court. I think i must of touched a soft spot of his, after i got sick of reading his personal agenda against another forum sponsor.

Currently i am trying to sell my headers as i am getting a friend of mine who wants to make me his own set. I listed my add as Car Graphic headers used for sale. https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...sale-used.html
Just to let people know, i am not a dealer or work shop owner. I am a C63 owner who wants to sell his headers. Wayne is having a fit because i am apparently false advertising my headers. The headers in question are Car Graphic headers. To clarify a few things, i never bought them from Car Graphic nor claimed i did. I mentioned in my add that they are built in the same company as Car Graphic as that is what i was told. They may be the real deal or a copy. But i have listed them as Car Graphic. Not once did he ask why i listed them as Car Graphic, a simple question would give this answer. People know the Car Graphic system, my headers are either the real deal or a copy. But to identify them i have listed them as Car Graphic headers, i will refer to them as Car Graphic headers. I never questioned the validity of my product as i am a happy customer. If Wayne wants to know the true origin of it, he should take it up with the company i bought it from. Instead i got the following from him

......Deleted by moderator. TOU prohibits revealing of private communication without the other party's consent.......
Happy days and good luck to him. Looks like they may already be sold too.
Wayne, your pushing the wrong person. Good luck with what ever you want to send me. I have nothing against you or your company, nor do i care. I do not appreciate your actions towards me. Remember i am an enthusiast, and we enthusiasts share our experiences with other members and other C63 owners. I have made this public for people to be aware of their actions next time they go to sell anything off their car. Becareful guys otherwise you too might get an email from Wayne.

Regards
Harun
Old 12-13-2010, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c63, 2011 GT500
LOOOOOOL he is
They really need to ban this tool.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 AM

2015 Porsche C2S, 2014 ML63 AMG, & 2012 Maserati Quattroporte S
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
Well, it seems Wayne from Powerchip wants to take me to court. I think i must of touched a soft spot of his, after i got sick of reading his personal agenda against another forum sponsor.

Currently i am trying to sell my headers as i am getting a friend of mine who wants to make me his own set. I listed my add as Car Graphic headers used for sale. https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...sale-used.html
Just to let people know, i am not a dealer or work shop owner. I am a C63 owner who wants to sell his headers. Wayne is having a fit because i am apparently false advertising my headers. The headers in question are Car Graphic headers. To clarify a few things, i never bought them from Car Graphic nor claimed i did. I mentioned in my add that they are built in the same company as Car Graphic as that is what i was told. They may be the real deal or a copy. But i have listed them as Car Graphic. Not once did he ask why i listed them as Car Graphic, a simple question would give this answer. People know the Car Graphic system, my headers are either the real deal or a copy. But to identify them i have listed them as Car Graphic headers, i will refer to them as Car Graphic headers. I never questioned the validity of my product as i am a happy customer. If Wayne wants to know the true origin of it, he should take it up with the company i bought it from. Instead i got the following from him

Wayne, your pushing the wrong person. Good luck with what ever you want to send me. I have nothing against you or your company, nor do i care. I do not appreciate your actions towards me. Remember i am an enthusiast, and we enthusiasts share our experiences with other members and other C63 owners. I have made this public for people to be aware of their actions next time they go to sell anything off their car. Becareful guys otherwise you too might get an email from Wayne.

Regards
Harun
Harun, thanks for the heads up. This is great information for new customers who wants to buy aftermarket products and ECUs. This sort of thing is all news. We will be extra careful to deal with that company.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C 63
wayne
wake up you are giving aussie's a bad name put the same effort into marketing your own company & you may improve your image & sales.
regards
george
Old 12-13-2010, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
I am surprised how Powerchip is still in business. They have dragged they're name through the mud on MBWorld. I have read countless complaints against them. Such a shame....
Anyway...this case is a joke, If I were the judge Id throw it out the door.

Last edited by _AMG_; 12-13-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:21 AM

c63
Beware of powerchip....They charged my credit card without my permission.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z

Regards
Harun
Hi Harun

I had a similar experience with W Besanko after i decided to remove my powerchip ECU from my ML63. I was sent a letter full of lawyerly prose threatening to sue me if even said the word "powerchip" on a forum. All i wanted to do was remove the product. I never had any problem with Besanko personally and had, until that point, a cordial relationship with him. They considered the letter "binding" even if i declined to sign it, which naturally i refused to do. As someone who studied contract law at the University of Queensland i found the matter to be bizarre beyond words.

I guess i have two questions

1) what business is it of w. besanko how you described your cargraphic headers??

2) What possible legal standing could he have? He has no rights to "accrue". And has no rights to "reserve"

Ignore it for the gibberish it is, i am sure his "lawyers" got their degree online from the University of Patagonia or something.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:01 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

EPIC AWESOMENESS
Old 12-13-2010, 06:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63
LOL - that is just PATHETIC.

Being a busy business owner myself, I barely have time for lunch let alone concocting dumbass s hit like this.

To the OP - ignore and get on with your life, as I'm sure you have already.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
This will be good
Old 12-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Banned

amg
Originally Posted by alqamzi
LOOOOOOL he is
They really need to ban this tool.
prolly wont ever happen
Old 12-13-2010, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
So i just recieved an infraction? because i posted what Wayne emailed me. My post has been modified. There for i will summarise what was sent to me. I believe people who purchased CarGraphic headers or the so called copy version and call it a Car Graphic header, should know that they will be sent emails from Powerchip (Wayne) and be court noticed.

Wayne from powerchip emailed me threatening me with court actions and sueing me because i mentioned my headers are possibly Car Graphic headers. He also advised me that my description of the product that i am selling as 'Cargraphic' is a breach of Section 52 of the Trade Practices Act (Cth)
Old 12-13-2010, 07:50 AM

2009 c63, 2011 GT500
SERIOUSLY?? this is not fair to just change the post!!!! people need to know what kind of guy this wayne from powerchip is. He has ben trashing alot of other people post and no one took action against him???
If it was any other sponsor they would of kicked him loooooong time ago.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
you could try sending all your info to 'ib adrian " maybe he will be able to ban him since they own this forum.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Don't know what was posted in the first post but oh well. PowerChip's name has been comin up a lot as of late, and it hasn't been in a good way.

Hope everything works out for the OP.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:17 PM

2005 C55
Lots of powerchip drama lately, He does alot of writing on mbworld so he must not be to busy at work over there.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is laughable. Powerchip is really trying hard for no one to like them, or ever even consider using their product again.
Great job Powerchip
Old 12-13-2010, 02:49 PM
LZH
Banned

CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Blue_Monster
This is laughable. Powerchip is really trying hard for no one to like them, or ever even consider using their product again.
Great job Powerchip
Exactly...and even his distributors here in the states I've spoken to think he's a total idiot. He's really doing a good job running his company's reputation into the ground.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
/////AMG
Good luck to the OP. I'm glad I came across to this thread as I was thinking about having my car tuned at PowerChip.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:26 PM

no more AMG
What a moron. I can't believe a business would have time to troll classified sections of different forums for people who might be selling they're used parts. What can Powerchip take to you court over?
Old 12-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned

benzo larenzo
lol my post was deleted ROFL! see i can't say anything against anyone on this forum...
Old 12-13-2010, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by LZH
Exactly...and even his distributors here in the states I've spoken to think he's a total idiot. He's really doing a good job running his company's reputation into the ground.
Evosport better start looking elsewhere for their tuning needs because the Powerchip name has been going downhill rapidly in the last year or so
Old 12-13-2010, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Who can forget this scene...but to paraphrase. Speaking of course of PC's reputation.

"Don't shoot, Let 'em burn"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unEHgZrHBgQ
Old 12-13-2010, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Evosport better start looking elsewhere for their tuning needs because the Powerchip name has been going downhill rapidly in the last year or so
+1111
Old 12-13-2010, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by badblackbenz550
lol my post was deleted ROFL! see i can't say anything against anyone on this forum...

hahahaha Don't feel bad, enough of us have read it to know what you said.

Let me try to sum up what you said in as little words as possible... Sponsors > Forum Members. lol

Last edited by I am Jeff; 12-13-2010 at 04:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Powerchip vs Me - seriously!!!