C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Dads Performance Offers Renntech Intake GP

Old 12-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Dads Performance Offers Renntech Intake GP

Good Evening,
Ever since "PetroC63" proved that there was a nice gain from the Renntech carbon fiber intake I have been discussing a group buy with Hartmut at Renntech. He has agreed to a nice savings if you all are interested. Petro's post: https://mbworld.org/forums/4329481-post64.html

Here's the deal:

If we can get 10 people to pony up and purchase their carbon fiber intake they will offer them for $1996. I believe this is the lowest price for their newest design you'll find anytime, anywhere. All we need to do is get 10 people and they will take the order and ship them.

They have 10 pieces that are in the works as we speak that we can have for that price. Its a very nice piece and has shown a power gain on the track. They are also completing the front portion of their intake to match that was debuted at Festivals of Speed a few months ago.

1. Bodyguard - CL63 - THANK YOU!
2. dychen - THANK YOU!
10. Dads C63

Lets take advantage of this offer!!

Last edited by Dads Perf. LLC; 12-30-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
RENNtech air box is the ONLY airbox on the market right now that makes power for the 63. It has been proven on the dyno and at the track

Also, it does NOT yellow out and peel off as the Carbonio ones do.

I'm glad we now have a group buy for it
Old 12-29-2010, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Good to hear but PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG, isn't this the same air box that Dodger tested on his car and found no significant gains at the track? I could be terribly wrong and mistaking but I thought that this is the same air box that worked well for Petro but not so good for Dodger.

On a different note, any chance of making one of these air intakes on plain black plastic. Nothing wrong with carbon fiber but many of us prefer the performance/bang for your buck before the looks.

Last edited by C63newdude; 12-29-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by C63newdude
Good to hear but PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG, isn't this the same air box that Dodger tested on his car and found no significant gains at the track? I could be terribly wrong and mistaking but I thought that this is the same air box that worked well for Petro but not so good for Dodger.

On a different note, any chance of making one of these air intakes on plain black plastic. Nothing worng with carbon fiber but many of us prefer the performance/bang for your buck before the looks.
That was the Carbonio

Mike (Petro) saw solid gains with it on his car with solid before & after objective track results.

Bang for the buck this is a great part at a great price and I hope as many people take advantage of the deal as possible because it would make everyone faster.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
yea i'd be interested in an FRP version in black
Old 12-29-2010, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RStevens63
That was the Carbonio

Mike (Petro) saw solid gains with it on his car with solid before & after objective track results.

Bang for the buck this is a great part at a great price and I hope as many people take advantage of the deal as possible because it would make everyone faster.
OK, we are in the same page now, thanks for the correction.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
yea i'd be interested in an FRP version in black
Renntech only offers it in a carbon fiber version.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB

On a different note, any chance of making one of these air intakes on plain black plastic. Nothing wrong with carbon fiber but many of us prefer the performance/bang for your buck before the looks.
+1
Old 12-29-2010, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Originally Posted by Dads Perf. LLC
Renntech only offers it in a carbon fiber version.
Sounds like an opportunity for Dads. Perf LLC to open the market then with a new design in FRP or CF.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 PM

E63
Unfortunately no one offers a plastic version of this airbox and I can't see RENNtech ever making one, but dads is right you will never see this CF box priced this low. It's a proven part that will help everyone since the inlet side of these motors is so small relative to what they should be.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I havnt tried the rentech airbox YET..
You must be talking about carbonio were mthis and I switched out down in Mir and saw no difference in either car.?

Old 12-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG
Renntech has spent hundreds of hours and $$$ in R&D to offer this design. They designed it and produced it so it would't be fair or ethical to copy it. I found an excellent product and will do all I can to promote it. If they offer a plastic version later (which I doubt because of tooling costs) we will offer it also.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Dads Perf. LLC
Renntech has spent hundreds of hours and $$$ in R&D to offer this design. They designed it and produced it so it would't be fair or ethical to copy it. I found an excellent product and will do all I can to promote it. If they offer a plastic version later (which I doubt because of tooling costs) we will offer it also.
I think hey meant for rentech to produce it in the other less expensive materials?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
noone said copy...design your own like the hood and make something for the people by the people
Old 12-29-2010, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by dodger63
I think hey meant for rentech to produce it in the other less expensive materials?
I'm sure buying a proven system is allot easier then building one from the ground up? It would cost more most likely to design and produce his own? Hoods trunks and so are easy to produce not so much r&d in my opinion
Old 12-29-2010, 10:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63 AMG
Guys,
Lets get back on track. The Renntech carbon fiber intake system is being offered at a great price. Who's in??
Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Just to clarify, is this the air intakes, like the GruppeM and MCD product or the Renntech airbox. Isn't the Renntech air box the same airbox as if offered in RoW C63s?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I just wanted to add to my substantial post above. I think the RT C/F boxes are really cool. I understand their price point given the relatively small market. If I had the dough I would be in.

I really would be stoked if someone designed a nice airbox out of plastic. I do not understand the need for C/F air boxes. I would imagine a lot more would sell if they were made out of a cheaper material than C/F.

Anyway, a group buy sounds great. What a good opportunity for those in the market.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:05 PM

RENNtech air box

Please put me on the RENNtech air box list for my CL63 ! Thank you !
Old 12-30-2010, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Just to clarify, is this the air intakes, like the GruppeM and MCD product or the Renntech airbox. Isn't the Renntech air box the same airbox as if offered in RoW C63s?
These are the Renntech air boxes that would be a replacement for the North American and ROW air boxes. So, they're not ROW air boxes.

They appear to offer a larger volume to funnel air than OEM air boxess. And I believe the OE "Y" runners that flow into the intake manifold are replaced or partially replaced by the installation of the Renntech air boxes.

They seem like a real good option, especially if you have the GruppeM or MCD front intake tongues as Dodger calls them. haha
Old 12-30-2010, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Correct! Tongues!

Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
These are the Renntech air boxes that would be a replacement for the North American and ROW air boxes. So, they're not ROW air boxes.

They appear to offer a larger volume to funnel air than OEM air boxess. And I believe the OE "Y" runners that flow into the intake manifold are replaced or partially replaced by the installation of the Renntech air boxes.

They seem like a real good option, especially if you have the GruppeM or MCD front intake tongues as Dodger calls them. haha
Old 12-30-2010, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by dodger63
Correct! Tongues!
LOL
Old 12-30-2010, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Correcto. Smoother flowing runners.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by Sincity
Correcto. Smoother flowing runners.
That sounds cool.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
While I don't have any direct experience with the C63 Renntech airbox I can tell you that the one for the naturally aspirated 55s makes power. There have been 3 members that have done same day before and after independent dynos and have shown gains. In my own case, I experienced a gain of about 5 HP and 6FT-LBS consistently over the stock:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-am...dent-dyno.html

If I remember correctly, the other members (hooleyboy etc) that did their dynos made even more power.....

Remember, this is on a C55, but, as a testimonial to their product, it does do something....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dads Performance Offers Renntech Intake GP