C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Warning to Mercedes Enthusiasts! Evosport hundreds of thousands in debt, not deliveri

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 P31 Obsidian; 1990 ZX11
Originally Posted by Worth the wait

If I was Evosport I would be showing the members here a tangible reason for customers to believe they will see there parts or refund ASAP.
+1 on this comment. This would be the REAL step up. It would show customers, both current and future, that Evosport plans to produce and deliver; essential to continuing in the business.

I too placed an order for my first mod to Evosport through a third party. More than three weeks ago in an attempt to find out if the part would ever be delivered, I called Evosport directly and was given a timeframe. Albeit more weeks needed to pass before the mod would be available, I at least was given a round-about time.

Okay, so I'm still waiting. But if Evosport could "step up," by perhaps on the forum (or forums) letting folks know when they plan for certain products to ship out, then most would probably be, to some extent, appeased.

I think all would agree, there's nothing worse than keeping a waiting customer in the dark; especially if there's been an advance payment. Everyone appreciates being kept informed and their options open.

Recommendation to Evosport - address the masses directly on the largest volume of back orders; whether pending refunds or willing to offer refunds. If taking new orders would create excessive stress on delivery turn around jeopardizing customer satisfaction, refuse those orders by diplomatically spreading the word. Clear and honest communication does us all good.

Still looking forward to my pulley as well. Hope we all, Evosport included, get the fair treatment and satisfaction we deserve.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
It's never a good sign once a reseller takes payment for products that they are not readily available to ship.

Unless you KNOW the item is on backorder when you place the order.

Just thought it'd be fair to say that many many companies do take payment for items they don't yet possess...but DO make the customer aware of that.

To all vendors: This type of thing has become more prevalent in recent years among tuners/aftermarket vendors of all marques. In all of them, I see much of the same thing...lack of communication. Why aren't vendors more forthcoming with their customers about these issues? Is it pride? I have been involved in a "situation" with a well respected vendor (not Evosport) and again, with me it was a complete lack of communication about what was happening. My situation involved my car at the vendor, so it wasn't just a matter of waiting on parts. I understand you don't want to tell everything you know...but silence and ignoring the problem is NOT going to work.

Last edited by FormulaZR; 04-05-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Not much relevience! Anyway it's all made up in evosports case.. They have been telling customers untruths in my opinion, and dodging calls and blaming each other Simon says it's brads fault bead says it's Simon fault??

Originally Posted by MB-BOB
I did not close this thread.

In this day of "just in time" parts sourcing, it's not uncommon. Even Ford, GM, and overseas OEM manufacturers occassionally furlough entire assembly plants due to parts shortages, etc. The recent Japanese disaster has had some similar effects on the car business.

An unrelated anology... I have a business friend in AZ who tunes air rifles. On the forums where this kind of hobby is discussed, it is well known that he is an expert at what he does, and because of this, he is swamped with orders. Even though he posts that he is no longer taking orders until he catches up, he daily receives unsolicited shipments of air rifles (completely out of the blue), whose owners then call him two days later demanding to know when their rifles will be tuned and returned.

Everybody wants things at 40% off, and delivered the day after they order it...
Old 04-05-2011, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Sorry...I made a mistake on this one, you closed and censored the M H P one. It was another bone head admin that locked it up per Brad's request.
This thread wasn't closed it just vanished. And then came back no one closed it
Old 04-05-2011, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by MiamiAMG
No, because he took the time to address both sides objectively. Also, it was a joke..
I know...That's why I took the setup and ran with it.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
Glad to see this thread was re-opened for everyone to see, although I doubt it was done for "our" benefit

Sorry...I made a mistake on this one, you closed and censored the M H P one. It was another bone head admin that locked it up per Brad's request.
Jeff, I like your post, I wish I could give you a "thumbs up" for your "reputation", but I got confused on which forum I was on--those of you who know what I mean get it and those that don't know need to find out--there's another forbidden fruit out there that MBW doesn't want you to know about
Do yourselves a favor and find it, it's enjoyable
Old 04-05-2011, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I know...That's why I took the setup and ran with it.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally Posted by dodger63
This thread wasn't closed it just vanished. And then came back no one closed it
Not to pick, but this thread has never disappeared. Someone on staff locked it, but it was visible to read throughout, even though members were prohibited from posting in it for a time. Now you can do both.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by MB-BOB
Not to pick, but this thread has never disappeared. Someone on staff locked it, but it was visible to read throughout, even though members were prohibited from posting in it for a time. Now you can do both.
Ok well if it didn't my bad, but as I remeber it was no were to be found on the c63 forum it was moved or replaced to the clk 500 or something, out of view of the masses,
Old 04-05-2011, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok well if it didn't my bad, but as I remeber it was no were to be found on the c63 forum it was moved or replaced to the clk 500 or something, out of view of the masses,
yep that's 100% how I saw it
Old 04-05-2011, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
I can +1 that. It did disappear off of the C63 forum for a little while.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
+1

It was gone from the C63 forum.

I'm glad it's back, I have rotors on order for a month with ACG, paid in full
and I'm really interested how this turns out, but more importantly I just
want what I paid for.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by CELLryuu
I can +1 that. It did disappear off of the C63 forum for a little while.

Clever wordsmith by the admins. They didn't delete it, they just moved it without notification to a place you can't find it. Ohhhh...the MBworld Admin antics. Makes me feel like I'm in grade school all over again.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Yea spin zone.. We need Billy OReilly
Old 04-05-2011, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
^^^ The exact reason some very experienced, knowledgable and mature members have left this site. The AMG private lounge website seems to be ran better with no best interests in mind except for MB. I don't know why people even come here (myself included) when there is so much spin and bias and special interests...
Old 04-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Gents, as I mentioned before, this thread or something similar appeared on more than one forum yesterday.

Not to belabor the issue, but it's my highly paid (not) job to watch these forums, and I can tell you without equivocation that since 7:45am CDT yesterday when I first read this closed thread, it did not disappear, nor was it moved anywhere. As a closed thread, it did fall lower on the front page, but it never left the front page even then.

In general, it is against staff policy to delete threads unless there is a TOU reason, and there is no TOU reason in this case. When I reopened this thread this morning, it was right where I expected it to be, 2/3 down the first page.

Finally, I reopened this thread to convey that this is not a MBWorld moderation issue. Perhaps you missed that. But if you persist in thinking otherwise, then I have nothing further for you.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 04-05-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by FormulaZR
Unless you KNOW the item is on backorder when you place the order.

Just thought it'd be fair to say that many many companies do take payment for items they don't yet possess...but DO make the customer aware of that.

To all vendors: This type of thing has become more prevalent in recent years among tuners/aftermarket vendors of all marques. In all of them, I see much of the same thing...lack of communication. Why aren't vendors more forthcoming with their customers about these issues? Is it pride? I have been involved in a "situation" with a well respected vendor (not Evosport) and again, with me it was a complete lack of communication about what was happening. My situation involved my car at the vendor, so it wasn't just a matter of waiting on parts. I understand you don't want to tell everything you know...but silence and ignoring the problem is NOT going to work.
I think the main reason is because they can. It's supply and demand. If the seller has something you want and they know you want it, they can string you along in the dark until you decide that the lack of communication on the sellers part outweighs the anticipated benefit from the product you have on order with the seller.

Take me for example. I waited about 3 months for my set of 4-rotors from Evosport. When I initially placed the order I was informed that the item was on back order but that it would be available within a specified time frame.

That time frame passed and when I inquired about the status of my order I was strung along and ultimately was told that a new time frame for delivery was expected.

Again, I chose to wait because I had heard such great things about the rotors and the weight savings is a big deal to me.

The second expected time frame passed and then I began to wonder what was going on. Of course, I did know that others had waited months longer than me and were still waiting.

Again, I chose to wait. So, I'm trying to show that sometimes the customer is okay with waiting... and I use the term "okay" very liberally, because I wasn't okay waiting, but I valued the rotors more than my frustration with waiting.

Finally, I was told that Evosport didn't know when the rotors would arrive and if I really needed rotors than they would offer me a refund. I did not take them up on the refund because I wanted the rotors.

Returning to the issue of communication, I told Evosport, "look, I understand -- completely -- if something happened from the point I placed my order and the point of the lapsed delivery deadline to cause my order to go missing (i.e., to not have accompanying tracking information). But, if you didn't know when the rotors would be available when I placed my order and tendered a deposit and you "mistakenly" provided me with an incorrect anticipated time of delivery, then I feel undervalued and disrespected."

The only response I received from Evosport is "we just don't know." Well, I feel that it would be best to not take orders if you just don't know when they will arrive.

In closing, I would order Evosport rotors again. When I need them, I will order them 3-4 months before I need them. No disrespect intended.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Sure wish Evosport would weigh in now that it's an "open" forum.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by jvanbrecht
Google "john hennessey"... the issues here are not much different. Most is speculation and rumour, and complaints from customers, at the same time, there are an equal number of customers completely satisfied.

That is apparently the nature of this business sometimes, right or wrong. Buyer beware is the motto to live by...
Not everywhere. There are some shops (Hennessey is definitely one of them) that will promise whatever it takes to make a sale and get a deposit, then deliver when (and what) they feel like. For those of you that know me, you'll know it is exactly that sort of "this guy can wait" attitude that caused me to leave my last desk and come here to "do things right" with Marcin (who is THE MAN, by the way).

I'll admit I've lost sales to Hennessey and his ilk, simply because I have told a client "the 'x' hp you want will take 'y' weeks and cost 'z' dollars" and either x, y, or z was not what they wanted to hear - so they went with a shop that promised them the moon and the stars, and they got burned.

I don't know what's up with Evosport. They've always done right by me and I'm sure they've got their side of the story yet to tell - but under no circumstances should clients of any shop (including Speedriven!) hold back. Credibility comes from transparency, and we should be able to discuss matters freely and openly - whether we are clients, tuners, dealers, or buyers - to get reasonable results for everyone involved.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63
Took darn near 2-months to get painted reflectors from them - that alone was a warning sign to me and I'll probably just take my business elsewhere. Although their 2-pc rotors look great, I'd be more than just a little annoyed if my rotors were done and need to be replaced and had to wait indefinitely for a new pair from Evosport.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I'm not going to pile on here as I have no experience with evosport, or any tuning company for that matter.

However, one thing seems to be apparent, that many of them take your money prior to having any stock, or prior to them shipping if they do have it in stock.

This is a huge no no for me, I have no issues providing credit info, which would then get charged once the service has been provided (whether a cpu tune), or when parts get shipped, and never before.

You (and by you I mean generic business name here) started a business, it is your responsibility to make sure you have enough capital on hand to support whatever business you are in (whether it is retail, repair services, consulting, etc). Using cash and funds provided by customers, well, that is how businesses function, but the capital being used should be that of users/customers who have already had the services/products fulfilled, not of those who are still waiting for whatever reason.

I will never do business with anyone (I deal in the IT world.. alot) who charges up front before a service is rendered, otherwise you risk getting screwed.

A perfect example, although completely off topic, is gift cards, considered as unsecured debt to any company that sells them, when the company goes into bankruptcy, well, you will never see a dime, or be able to use that gift card (unless it is backed by a major entity like Visa or Mastercard). You have just given a company money for the promise of being able to spend that dollar amount at a later date at that company... assuming the company still exists.. Seems like that is what is happening here, you are giving a company money for a product that the company does not have, or is not ready to supply, and you hope that they will be able to fulfill that request in the future... that is bad business in my mind..

That said.. I do want a set of rotors, but if I have to wait months.. f it..
Old 04-05-2011, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
FWIW.. I'm giving Evosport the benfit of the doubt and some time to get things right.

Hey, sometimes when business gets tough things get jacked up. They would for sure fail if everyone was to end business with them. I for one like their products and want to see them succeed, so for now I'm staying with them.

Now leave Brad alone so he can get back to work on my car!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by derspi
Took darn near 2-months to get painted reflectors from them - that alone was a warning sign to me and I'll probably just take my business elsewhere. Although their 2-pc rotors look great, I'd be more than just a little annoyed if my rotors were done and need to be replaced and had to wait indefinitely for a new pair from Evosport.
I had the same issue, but once i brought it up to Simon, he took care of it for me in a very professional & promt manner.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Another thing I want you all to be aware of from Evosport, especially for SLS owners. Now we all know that Evosport dont make sport filters. However, when you visit thier website and hit the SLS product guide you will find that they have sport filters for the SLS. They must know someone that will be developing them and are taking orders without the intention of delevering them until they come out. The Big names like BMC, K&N, Pipercross have not developed anything for the SLS air filters, and somehow Evosport did?

BEWARE!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jacob502
Another thing I want you all to be aware of from Evosport, especially for SLS owners. Now we all know that Evosport dont make sport filters. However, when you visit thier website and hit the SLS product guide you will find that they have sport filters for the SLS. They must know someone that will be developing them and are taking orders without the intention of delevering them until they come out. The Big names like BMC, K&N, Pipercross have not developed anything for the SLS air filters, and somehow Evosport did?

BEWARE!

BRASS *****

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning to Mercedes Enthusiasts! Evosport hundreds of thousands in debt, not deliveri