C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Warning to Mercedes Enthusiasts! Evosport hundreds of thousands in debt, not deliveri

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by SMP
I know you didn't ....... I'm not sensitive or act out of emotions like a girl. I do my thinking with what I have between my ears

I'm sorry that happened to you. I know it's no fun. However, I thought you received your parts a little while ago?
Yea 4 months after paying in full. Then got a bogus $90 shipping charge.. Just looking out for the better good of our community, no need for anyone else to send evosport money to sit and wait for parts for months... That's all I'm trying to get across. I rather my fellow mb guys to keep there money in there bank till things are sorted then to fund evosport in whatever they are doing!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by blair_mbz
And you know this first hand because? It amazes me how some people are so quick to jump on the bandwagon without any facts. Really? Do you know JRCart personally? Were you there when this all happened?

Obviously, your quick to defend Evosport and don't like to read the whole thread through before commenting. You want facts? These are all located on the first page of this thread. Here you go:

Fact 1) JRCart has been billed a substantial amount by Evosport and has paid in full, yet Evosport does not appear to have delivered in full.

Fact 2) Brad from evosport has not denied the accusations made against him and his company, but has used the excuses such as "it's a matter I'd rather not discuss on the forums".

Fact 3) JRCart has confirmed that what Jacob has said has some degree of truth to it. How much? I don't.

I don't know JRCart personally or even spoken with him on a casual level. I don't need to be there to be able to formulate an opinion from what I have read on page 1 of this thread. Jacob (3rd party has made an accusation), JRCart confirms (Customer), Brad (Supplier does not deny). Why can't I formulate an opinion?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Where's Brad? Why no comment since this thread has been reopened? Why only comment when you know the thread will be closed and nobody else can respond?
Old 04-05-2011, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I would like to add that I have nothing personal against Evosport, Brad or Simon. I would just like to see all vendors treated fairly on MBWorld. It has appeared that some sponsors are treated more preferentially than others. The Admins proclaim fairness and TOU's, but to the average user like myself, it does not appear so. It would be great if Evosport would be able to settle all their issues and thrive as they appear to make fantastic products. It's their customer service and management skills that appear to need an overhaul.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63 p30 mars red
This is pretty typical for a company on the skids! Of course they are not going to screw everybody who orders from them. They delivery what they can until their suppliers start cutting them off. When it becomes fraud is when they keep taking orders with no intent to deliver. I hope this is not the case! Good luck to all involved.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55, S65, C63, SLK55K4
So if evosport wants to make this right why don't they ship out the parts. I have an order of brake lines with evosport since DECEMBER!! After a month, I was shipped the rears but not the fronts. When i told brad they were missing he said it was a mistake and will send them. Then a month later they weren't in stock and i had to wait. So was it a mistake o were they not in stock? They were' supposed to have arrived in stock last month (march), but since Brad's last email i have not heard from him. If anybody wants evidence i am more than happy to forward emails. Yes, clearly i am not satisfied with evosport. Maybe we should make a new post with all the parts people have not recieved from evosport!
Old 04-05-2011, 06:44 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by dodger63
Yea 4 months after paying in full. Then got a bogus $90 shipping charge.. Just looking out for the better good of our community, no need for anyone else to send evosport money to sit and wait for parts for months... That's all I'm trying to get across. I rather my fellow mb guys to keep there money in there bank till things are sorted then to fund evosport in whatever they are doing!
I'm glad to hear that ...... it seems that Evosport has every intention on delivering the goods to their customers, and not just take their money and run. Not to be insensitive to your frustration, but better late than never
Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 PM

CLS55, C63, 997 Turbo
Originally Posted by jacob502
The only pathetic person in here is you. I'm not bashing anybody
I won't stoop to your level, but I would urge you to read over your posts and you tell me if all that is justified because you haven't received your pulley yet. Give me a break.

You could have just posted your frustration with not receiving a pulley and made your point. But you let your emotions get the best of you and resorted to bashing and mud-slinging. Let's just be honest about that. As far as I'm concerned and based on some of your other threads, the information you post are NOT entirely accurate.

I've done business with these guys for over 5 years and they are stand up guys! Ok so economy sucks (God knows how many shops have gone out of business in the last few years) and they're working through some issues. Give them the benefit of the doubt and opportunity to make it right.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Originally Posted by SMP
I'm glad to hear that ...... it seems that Evosport has every intention on delivering the goods to their customers, and not just take their money and run. Not to be insensitive to your frustration, but better late than never
your sarcasm adds nothing to everyones frustrations....people are out money and you joke bc your buddy will deliver parts months later
Old 04-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
I've done business with these guys for over 5 years and they are stand up guys! Ok so economy sucks (God knows how many shops have gone out of business in the last few years) and they're working through some issues. Give them the benefit of the doubt and opportunity to make it right.

So why don't they respond? Brad's exact words were "we at evosport would like to address some of these issues head on and not run away and hide from them". It seems like that's exactly what they are doing.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
I would like to add that I have nothing personal against Evosport, Brad or Simon. I would just like to see all vendors treated fairly on MBWorld. It has appeared that some sponsors are treated more preferentially than others. The Admins proclaim fairness and TOU's, but to the average user like myself, it does not appear so. It would be great if Evosport would be able to settle all their issues and thrive as they appear to make fantastic products. It's their customer service and management skills that appear to need an overhaul.
"Fair" is very different from "equal". I, too, would like to see all vendors treated fairly ... which is exactly what I thought happened when MHP was chased off the board and exactly what happened when this thread was re-opened.

I've got some info. (not relating to Evo.) to post in a few days (once all my refunds are processed) that - if we apply the term "fair" to - will probably upset at least 1 other vendor on this board.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
blair and smp should go down to huntington beach and bail them out if they have so much faith....like they've never been pissed if someones screwed them over and held onto money for months
Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by NORTH 44 C63
Now this is just sad...

A new low for MBWorld

If only ...
Old 04-05-2011, 07:05 PM

2012 E63 PP, 2012 Ferrari 458, 2012 Boxster S

How does 6 months and 23 emails add up in your book of 'the benefit of the doubt'? I'd like to consider myself a reasonable and understanding individual but being screwed over like this on a pre paid transaction is just not good business ethics.

Having said that, I'm happy that your experience differs.

Ken

Last edited by KEMA; 04-05-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I think he is saying that they should not charge the customer until their order actually ships. This is standard practice for almost all companies that sell products online. They may take the credit card information ahead of time, but the card is never charged until the order actually ships. In other words, they would not charge the customer, then wait 4 to 5 months until the product is in stock, then ship it.

This is getting a little off topic though.... and I don't think the OP would like that
Actually I think your comments are spot on topic, in fact they sum up the entire issue. I don't think there would be anywhere near this level of dissatisfaction if these orders weren't already paid in full for products delivered well past the expected time frame and in some cases still pending. To Brad's credit I have been discussing the purchase of new rotors for the past few weeks and he has declined to take my order until the supply was available.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:08 PM

Yes
Originally Posted by jim07
This is pretty typical for a company on the skids! Of course they are not going to screw everybody who orders from them. They delivery what they can until their suppliers start cutting them off. When it becomes fraud is when they keep taking orders with no intent to deliver. I hope this is not the case! Good luck to all involved.

Sounds kind of like a pyramid scheme...
Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
jim brady, PC, Weistec, JR, and all others should fully disclose so we can come to conclusion
Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 PM

Yes
Originally Posted by Speedriven
"Fair" is very different from "equal". I, too, would like to see all vendors treated fairly ... which is exactly what I thought happened when MHP was chased off the board and exactly what happened when this thread was re-opened.

I've got some info. (not relating to Evo.) to post in a few days (once all my refunds are processed) that - if we apply the term "fair" to - will probably upset at least 1 other vendor on this board.
I will be following this...
Old 04-05-2011, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Speedriven

Consider me Subscribed!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:29 PM

CLS55, C63, 997 Turbo
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Obviously, your quick to defend Evosport and don't like to read the whole thread through before commenting. You want facts? These are all located on the first page of this thread. Here you go:

Fact 1) JRCart has been billed a substantial amount by Evosport and has paid in full, yet Evosport does not appear to have delivered in full.

Fact 2) Brad from evosport has not denied the accusations made against him and his company, but has used the excuses such as "it's a matter I'd rather not discuss on the forums".

Fact 3) JRCart has confirmed that what Jacob has said has some degree of truth to it. How much? I don't.

I don't know JRCart personally or even spoken with him on a casual level. I don't need to be there to be able to formulate an opinion from what I have read on page 1 of this thread. Jacob (3rd party has made an accusation), JRCart confirms (Customer), Brad (Supplier does not deny). Why can't I formulate an opinion?
No, trust that I did read the ENTIRE thread well before commenting. And trust that I am also of an intellect to formulate my own conclusions. But as anyone knows here there are always many parts to the story. After speaking with several CLK BS owners (I was considering getting one) and if you follow the threads on the CLK BS forum closely, you will know that JRCart is NOT the customer (it's a guy named "Rich" per the CLK63 forum). In fact, the person posting as JRCart doesn't even own a CLK63. He is a friend of the owner and seems may or may not represent the best interest of the owner. I know, I don't understand it either.

Jeff: I obviously don't know you nor do I have anything against you personally. But jacob really has nothing to do with JRCart or his car. But to your points:

1) I don't believe Evosport would not deliver JRCart's car in full. They may not have delivered at the time expected, but I trust 110% they will do whatever it takes to deliver. And interesting enough, it seems "JRCart" has edited his original post to clarify a few things in this thread. Please re-read it from page 1 (I just saw it myself). Really makes you think how quick people post out of emotion.

2) I read Brad's post. Seemed he addressed the issues that were in the original thread. Again, there are some things (regarding JRCart specifically) that I'm sure were being worked out. But the customer of that project is NOT who originated this post. With regards to the other issues, I think he was pretty candid with what's happening.

3) See #2 but more important, even a truth that has been exploded 1,000 fold still has some truth in it. My point is I think the "truths" here have been inflated and exaggerated to make a point. The guy wants his pulley. Ok fair enough- that's what the post should have been about IMO.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
your sarcasm adds nothing to everyones frustrations....people are out money and you joke bc your buddy will deliver parts months later
Sarcasm? I'm happy for the guy that he received his parts and you call that sarcasm? You think it was intended as a joke when I said "better late than never"? I don't see no joke in it at all, but look at the bright side, as out of money and no parts would be a worse scenario.

Just for the record, I don't have anything against dodger, and he knows that.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by SMP
Sarcasm? I'm happy for the guy that he received his parts and you call that sarcasm? You think it was intended as a joke when I said "better late than never"? I don't see no joke in it at all, but look at the bright side, as out of money and no parts would be a worse scenario.

Just for the record, I don't have anything against dodger, and he knows that.
i always assume no one has anything against me till they say so, this is a sad situation that i hope gets straightened out, for the good of the people.. lets all keep this civil please so we can continue the (first) open dialog about evosport.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No, trust that I did read the ENTIRE thread well before commenting. And trust that I am also of an intellect to formulate my own conclusions. But as anyone knows here there are always many parts to the story. After speaking with several CLK BS owners (I was considering getting one) and if you follow the threads on the CLK BS forum closely, you will know that JRCart is NOT the customer (it's a guy named "Rich" per the CLK63 forum). In fact, the person posting as JRCart doesn't even own a CLK63. He is a friend of the owner and seems may or may not represent the best interest of the owner. I know, I don't understand it either.

Jeff: I obviously don't know you nor do I have anything against you personally. But jacob really has nothing to do with JRCart or his car. But to your points:

1) I don't believe Evosport would not deliver JRCart's car in full. They may not have delivered at the time expected, but I trust 110% they will do whatever it takes to deliver. And interesting enough, it seems "JRCart" has edited his original post to clarify a few things in this thread. Please re-read it from page 1 (I just saw it myself). Really makes you think how quick people post out of emotion.

2) I read Brad's post. Seemed he addressed the issues that were in the original thread. Again, there are some things (regarding JRCart specifically) that I'm sure were being worked out. But the customer of that project is NOT who originated this post. With regards to the other issues, I think he was pretty candid with what's happening.

3) See #2 but more important, even a truth that has been exploded 1,000 fold still has some truth in it. My point is I think the "truths" here have been inflated and exaggerated to make a point. The guy wants his pulley. Ok fair enough- that's what the post should have been about IMO.

Your right...He appears to have edited his original posting.

No worries, I didn't take your comments personally as this is a thread and we're all entitled opinions. At the end of the day, I'm not going to lose sleep over this. I just want to see admins treating all vendors and members fairly and equally. Preferential treatment to those select few vendors only leads to animosity and suspicion on this forum. Like I said earlier, I don't wish to see Evosport fail. They should just deliver as promised or just offer a refund.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
6 months is long time to pay for and not get your parts .. all these ppl that prepaid cant you just file a claim with your bank or C/C company to have your funds reimbursed .. Sucks to see this on a forum of high end benzos gettin screwed over from reputed sponser/owner .. Shady bussiness practice when u charge somone card and u know your not holding the goods or cant come up wit it , then to give ppl the run around .. Sponser /owner whatever .. thank god they dont have my loot
wow 34 members viewing thread .. lotta ppl interested around here .. goodluck to both sides involved ..
Old 04-05-2011, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Nearly one-third of the employees of automotive businesses in California are out of work because their employers are out of business or bankrupt. How many car dealers store fronts are vacant! I counted four on Whittier Blvd in SoCal in a 2 miles last week.

We forget how many homes are lost and foreclosed and think there is no ripple effect!

Brad and Simon are stand up guys and they survived the worst recession in 70 years in a business that for the most part is discretionary money and recreational fun for most of us. They will make good because they have character and have support from business people who know that quality and character count, unlike many who want to throw them under the bus without the facts or having a dog in the fight.

Let me tell you what a tragedy is. In 2009 Chrysler Corporation agreed to settle a claim for $4 million dollars (sounds like a lot) but when you're a 34 year old female and a C3 quadriplegic after medical and cost gets you an barely enough to survive on for the rest of your life in a wheel chair. Oh, BTW, she didn't get $4 million, Chrysler declared bankruptcy and she got zero!!. Just like all the suppliers, machine shops and family business they got zero!! All nice and legal.

It's amazing how often people jump on the band wagon without knowing all the facts while defaming business with a keyboard in their parents basement. That's why the civil recoveries are so high in reputation cases.
Jimmy is out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Warning to Mercedes Enthusiasts! Evosport hundreds of thousands in debt, not deliveri