Installed an Alpine head unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Installed an Alpine head unit

Hi guys. I replaced my command today with the alpine INA-W900. I also bought the Alpine Imprint processor which totally expanded my sound tuning options, and also gives me the ability to connect a PC with a mic for an auto tuning feature. I now have the ability to connect my iPhone via Bluetooth or USB cable.
I used a Kicker IX 500.4 digital amp to power the OEM speakers. The center channel speaker was also saved and connected. I took out the bracket that holds the OEM DVD drive to make room for the AMP. All wires to the speakers can be reached right after the strip of fuses. After testing all wires I made a list so you can identify each speaker by the wire color.

Front right door: *brown and black
Front left door: green and brown/green
Rear left door: pink and brown/pink
Rear right door: white and brown and white
Center channel speaker: blue and brown/white

These wires were identified, cut, and ran directly into the AMP. I didn't need to run any RCAs throughout the car, but just a single AI-Net cable to the imprint processor in the rear of the vehicle, then connected RCAs from that unit to my amps.

hope this info helps anyone that's willing to do this. If you are willing to invest the money then believe me, the sound is incredible. I had no idea that my factory speakers could perform this way.
Here are a few pics of the new toys:

Old 07-02-2010, 04:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
looking good. a couple of us have done hu installs on the w209 forum. but i didnt know that you can run it without rcas.

i ran rca from my unit to the back then speaker wire to the individual speakers. but that is also good to know and i'll let the others on the w209 doing audio work.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Originally Posted by bheng
looking good. a couple of us have done hu installs on the w209 forum. but i didnt know that you can run it without rcas.

i ran rca from my unit to the back then speaker wire to the individual speakers. but that is also good to know and i'll let the others on the w209 doing audio work.
hi there. I used the imprint unit with my Alpine head unit.

The Imprint expands the equalizer and gives more options to tune the sound. The Imprint requires a single Ai-Net cable which I ran all the way to the trunk. Then, from the imprint module, I ran RCAs to my amps. If I didn't get the Imprint module then I would have needed RCAs throughout the car.