E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Building a hydrogen cell better mpg help computer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
85 euro w124 300d non turbo black on black......coming soon hx35 turbo intercooler
Building a hydrogen cell better mpg help computer

Im in the process of building a hydrogen cell. All it is is a device that creates hydrogen to pump small amounts into the engine. I will post pics and detailed info how to build ur own.
First question:
The average obd 2 computer has a mass air flow meter and an o2 sensor. When running any fuel mod you must trick ur mass sensor and o2 sensor to to gain alot of milage.Like 20 mpg to 40mpg The car manufacturers put in a safety to not allow ur car to lean out. Lots of stuff matter with mpg (not getting into that now) just say that the manufactures dont need that program in there. OBD1 cars are much easier to do fuel mods in YES you can jump from 20 to 40 with out any mods but to get higher you need to trick the o2 sensor etc
SOOOOO does the mercedes computer have this built in to there computer? Or will the computer let you do it?? If im putting a certain amout of hydrogen in the cylinders will the computer say hey more power less foot on gas lean out therefore rase mpg. I have adjust my Pmeter(flap) so I kinda know how it works

Theres a lot of controversy about stuff like thus so please try to help me understand the way the computer work on the car.

No THATS IMPOSSIBLE,UR GONNA BLOW URSELF UP, etc

I run acetone im my cars for three years now and yes my 300e gets 25mpg and yes I know people who have double there mpg 20 to 40 mpg. So please leave the sarcastic remarks.

Lets see what you guys got
Old 08-29-2009, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
E
Sounds a very interesting mod. You may have more luck over at ecomodder.com....

I'm subscribed.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:49 PM

85 euro w124 300d non turbo black on black......coming soon hx35 turbo intercooler
That site is interesting. Ill probably subscribe. But i still need help with the fuel. The best guys to ask is you guys.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:55 PM

Ok another thing I need to know is how much vacuum does are engines create at about 3000 3500 rpm. Im gonna make this freeway use only. Hit the freeway cruise control on boom turn on unit to start creating hydrogen. Im gonna try from just vacuum from the engine and record my milage improvements. then im gonna install a pump (please give me pump ideas) to pump the hydrogen in the engine untill I hit my milage marker (40 to start)
Pictures will come soon.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:19 AM

Questions getting answered HERE If your interested. Im glad we got nice people here at this forum some people over there are cranky they need this guy Hes cool. Pics will come soon Ive been sick.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by epowers777
Ok another thing I need to know is how much vacuum does are engines create at about 3000 3500 rpm. Im gonna make this freeway use only. Hit the freeway cruise control on boom turn on unit to start creating hydrogen. Im gonna try from just vacuum from the engine and record my milage improvements. then im gonna install a pump (please give me pump ideas) to pump the hydrogen in the engine untill I hit my milage marker (40 to start)
Pictures will come soon.
Vacuum is NOT determined by RPM, speed ect. Rather it is based on load vs. RPM. It can be obtained via a MAP sensor (Manifold air pressure sensor) The vacuum under no load is low, under high load it is high but will vary through the rev range, best way to "see" it is to graph it. If you are interested in automotive ECU functionality, the makers of Megasquirt do a really good job of explaning the basics, tuning, economy, etc here: http://www.megamanual.com/forums.htm

I would include that you should note to people reading your posts that disabling or leaning your car out by tricking the ECU could be problematic to people living in hotter climates or people using low octane gasoline as the engine tends to ping/predetonate when leaned out to much. Then again most cars have knock sensors that retard timing under knock anyway. Be careful, I would rather go out any but a wideband 02 sensor and "Tune" my car the way it is (stock ecu management) to the best possible air/fuel mixtures through the load vs. rev ranges, this way I know I am not going to damage my internals on a hot day, or if the Shell station decides to sell me crappy gas....I buy 93 anyway.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Youngtimer
good luck with your project, i don't know much about these funky methods, and from the link you posted to the other forum they don't think too highly of your idea. kudos for trying though, i guess.
personally, i find the best way to improve gas mileage is to buy a honda accord.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
If you are doing this mod on your 1986 300E, then I suggest you educate yourself on the CIS-E injection.
It's not what you think it is....

What's a "pmeter" ?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
I run acetone im my cars for three years now and yes my 300e gets 25mpg and yes I know people who have double there mpg 20 to 40 mpg. So please leave the sarcastic remarks.
^^ what RBYCC said...similar to older audi/vw cars..

Do some reading here..
http://www.importedcarparts.com/arts...ON_SYSTEM.HTML

The computer does very basic measurements on the CIS-E fuel system... Basically it gets info from the O2 sensor, idle control unit, and temp sensor and sends it to the EHA valve regulating the upper and lower fuel distributor pressure...

I don't run acetone but i've leaned my idle mixture and adjusted my transmission to be able to get 25mpg or more....the car runs sluggish and no more fast take offs...basically you change the driving habits for city/fwy driving and you'll get up to 28mpg...i verified this with my gps by making logs of my driving habits....

Last edited by YNVDIZW124; 08-31-2009 at 12:39 PM.