E-Class (W210) 1995-2002: E 200, E 220D, E 240, E 290TD, E 300TD, E 200, E 240, E 280, E 320, E 420, E 430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

Cup Holder Hooks cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cup Holder Hooks cover

Hi,

I was wondering how you remove the whole plastic housing inside the cup holder where the Hooks hold the cover.

I know how to remove the cup holder, but the hook are attached to a plastic housing.

My hooks inside wiggle and are loose like broken or not attached, which means the cover doesnt rebound or open.

I would like to remove it and replace it somehow, Not sure how to do this or find a replacement part for it or somehow fix the hooks in place.

Please help
Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
You need to remove the console first. Want directions? If it's broken I have one for sale with or without the collapsible part.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:05 PM

Hey,
yes please send me some instructions.

Also yes i may be interested if the price is good and the job is fairly easy to handle and worth it.

Let me know. You have the housing? plus the cup holder?
Old 04-22-2010, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Console removal -

1 - Remove the black rectangular trim around the gearshift. Just pry up carefully around the edges with some sort of non-marring tool like your fingernails. The tabs which hold it are pretty long so just keep working it up on all 4 corners until it's out.

2 - Loosen the burlwood trim w/switches by opening the door on the cupholder and lift at the back edge and front edge. It just pops out. Disconnect the 3 electrical connectors. Set panel aside.

3 - Remove the two philips screws at the front near ash tray. Lift the two metal legs which were being held by the screws up a little to facilitate removal of console.

4 - Remove the two philips screws just behind the gearshift.

5 - Open the center console storage cover. In the bottom remove the felt pad. Remove the two philips screws hidden under the pad.

6 - From the back seat, remove the panel just below the air nozzle. It just pries off.

7 - Lift console up and a little back until its free.

8 - When you turn it over you'll see the two screws which hold the cupholder compartment in place.

After doing it a couple of times you'll be able to remove the console in less time than it took me to write this.

If after checking, you are interested in any parts I have PM me.

See here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/interior-...arts-gray.html

The cupholder compartment is installed in a console I have but I would consider pulling it and selling it separately if you are interested.

Good luck.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:54 PM

ah thank you. I think i can handle it i have done the first 4 steps before to remove the ash tray, and din.

So the part that i am talking about is the compartment? or " housing" that has the hooks. that's installed in your console already.

Alright how much do you want for that part, and cup holder each.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PM sent.