E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C280 W202
Exclamation NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!

Hey, all. I was at an event in Dallas today and I saw this E-Class. It has a flat hood badge. But it isn't that cheap, plastic one like on the coupes. This badge sits in the recess in the hood, just like the upright star!

It also has a 3-dimensional look to it. Looks pretty cool to me!

I posted first on the C-Class forums where the younger crowd runs. They seem to like the flat badges most. But wanted to note it in the W211 forum, in case someone here owns the car, or knows the person who does. I really want to get this version...

Has anyone seen this flat badge? If so, does anyone know where to get it?
Attached Thumbnails NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!-badgee.jpg   NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!-badgeecu.jpg  
Old 04-08-2006, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by Slim Pickens
Hey, all. I was at an event in Dallas today and I saw this E-Class. It has a flat hood badge. But it isn't that cheap, plastic one like on the coupes. This badge sits in the recess in the hood, just like the upright star!

It also has a 3-dimensional look to it. Looks pretty cool to me!

I posted first on the C-Class forums where the younger crowd runs. They seem to like the flat badges most. But wanted to note it in the W211 forum, in case someone here owns the car, or knows the person who does. I really want to get this version...

Has anyone seen this flat badge? If so, does anyone know where to get it?
Formymercedes.com...$24.95 I think. It is pretty common with owners who have installed the CL Grille in the W211.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:32 PM

C280 W202
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Formymercedes.com...$24.95 I think. It is pretty common with owners who have installed the CL Grille in the W211.
Nope. This is not the 2.25" plastic badge that covers the hood recess. Notice that this badge fits within the recess... the same diameter as the base for the upright star that comes on your S550. That means it would fit your car as well.

Last edited by Slim Pickens; 04-08-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:47 PM

'06 Porsche 997 Black Sport Exhaust, '06 Mercedes E350 4MATIC Iridium Silver Apper+Prem Package
I believe you could get this at the part department. I have seen this one when I was waiting for my E-class for the first service.

Cheers,
Heejin in Seattle
Old 04-09-2006, 10:28 AM

C280 W202
OK, I guess it's time to draw you guys a picture. Below is the OEM Flat badge you can get from the parts department. It's chrome plated plastic with a raised chrome tri-star in the middle. The new one posted above has a broader tri-star painted in WHITE, and highlighted in chrome. The WHITE contrasts very nicely with the BLUE laurel wreath surround.

And as noted previously, the badge in the first post sits inside the standard hood recess where the standard upright star sits.

Sum: These are NOT the same badges.
Attached Thumbnails NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!-oembadge.jpg  

Last edited by Slim Pickens; 04-09-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
I thought I'd find a similar thread in the E forum...

For sure this is a NEW emblem design... Looks very nice.

Slim Pickens, where in Dallas did you see this emblem? I live in the DFW area and would like to find this emblem, myself. I doubt I'll ever run across this particular E, but I guess I'll have to pay more attention to them now.

Are you still in town? If so and you run across this car again, maybe you can write a note on your business card asking for his source and stick it under his wiper? hehe.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Slim Pickens
OK, I guess it's time to draw you guys a picture. Below is the OEM Flat badge you can get from the parts department. It's chrome plated plastic with a raised chrome tri-star in the middle. The new one posted above has a broader tri-star painted in WHITE, and highlighted in chrome. The WHITE contrasts very nicely with the BLUE laurel wreath surround.

And as noted previously, the badge in the first post sits inside the standard hood recess where the standard upright star sits.

Sum: These are NOT the same badges.
The Star in white in the one you posted on the black car is not the MB Tri Pointed Star...it is some poor representation/interpretation. The image you posted above is the real star representation and looks a lot better than the phoney one...IMHO...:-)
Old 04-09-2006, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The Latest MB Badge

This is the latest MB Grille Badge from my S550 AMG. The star is chrome and shows the official MB star...yours does not come close to the design of this star. If you are going to replace the star on the hood...get an authentic reproduction of the MB Tri Star badge not some cheap copy.

Old 04-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
The Star in white in the one you posted on the black car is not the MB Tri Pointed Star...it is some poor representation/interpretation. The image you posted above is the real star representation and looks a lot better than the phoney one...IMHO...:-)
Ermmm, let's keep an open mind here... I bought a genuine Mercedes-Benz key chain fob from the MB dealer recently (Pt #6604-3228) with a Tri Pointed Star that looks exactly like the one on the badge. I think the white star is an older, "Legacy" design, though. Tri Stars have varied through the years.

But I think the key chain fob is a different size (smaller) than what appears on that hood...
Attached Thumbnails NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!-keyfob66043228a.jpg  
Old 04-09-2006, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB-BOB
Ermmm, let's keep an open mind here... I bought a genuine Mercedes-Benz key chain fob from the MB dealer recently (Pt #6604-3228) with a Tri Pointed Star that looks exactly like the one on the badge. I think the white star is an older, "Legacy" design, though. Tri Stars have varied through the years.

But I think the key chain fob is a different size (smaller) than what appears on that hood...
It appears that this may have been the pattern for the badge in question. I think for promotional items there is more variety in the star design. But for the hood or car markings the traditional Tri Pointed Star had been pretty consistent.

I note on the new S they not only have the Hood Tri Star ornament but have also placed the badge back on top of the grille...stressing the tradition of MB.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Mercedes-Benz Logos have varied widely through the years.
Check out the red one with the white tristar...

Here are a couple links...

http://www.buildingbrands.com/didyou...des_logo.shtml

http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=356&alph=ALL
Attached Thumbnails NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!-mercedesbenz.gif   NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!-mercedesbenz_2.gif   NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!-15_image.gif  
Old 04-09-2006, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz Logos have varied widely through the years.
Check out the red one with the white tristar...

Here are a couple links...

http://www.buildingbrands.com/didyou...des_logo.shtml

http://www.cartype.com/page.cfm?id=356&alph=ALL
Thanks for the links...enjoyed the read.

I did note this on the branding page...

"Over the years the logo evolved, to include the 'Benz' laurel wreath, and then, in 1923, the three-pointed star enclosed in a circle was registered as a trademark.

Since then it has changed little, and is now a powerful symbol and integral part of the Mercedes-Benz brand."
Old 04-10-2006, 04:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
My E320 CDI Badge solution

Until I see the new grille for the '07 E Class close up and measure and decide if I like it, I am using my own modified badge. The new grille has the badge embedded in it, but some people think the grille is a little harsh looking. Also, not sure if it fits my '05.
Attached Thumbnails NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!-p4090515-small-.jpg  
Old 04-10-2006, 06:34 PM

C280 W202
Slim Pickens, where in Dallas did you see this emblem? I live in the DFW area and would like to find this emblem, myself. I doubt I'll ever run across this particular E, but I guess I'll have to pay more attention to them now.

Are you still in town? If so and you run across this car again, maybe you can write a note on your business card asking for his source and stick it under his wiper? hehe.
I spent the weekend in Dallas at my parent's house, but am now back in AR. I saw this car at Vista Ridge Shopping Center in Lewisville.

Good idea about the business card. Wish I had thought of that. Sorry.

I wish we could focus on finding this new badge, rather than discuss all the existing flat badge options. This one is NEW, and I would like to find it for my car.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:47 PM

C280 W202
Looks like the guys on the C-Class forum are all over this. Check here for an update... https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...44#post1567844
Old 07-30-2006, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,718 Likes on 1,102 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Just found this thread, LOL! Here are a few pics of my WHITE STAR Flat Badge. As you see, it is the OEM star, with the center section replaced with a chromed metal white star insert. The WHITE STAR Flat Badge fits any current model with the standard upright star. C-class (sedan), E-Class (W210-W211) and S-Class.

I make these on the weekends, as a hobby. Or that's how it has started at any rate. To request details please click on the link in my signature. Thanks.

Last edited by DFWdude; 07-30-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,718 Likes on 1,102 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
UPDATE...

First I’d like to thank those of you who patiently waited for a WHITE STAR Flat Badge. I am gratified that 70% of you on the list since April 24th have chosen to receive your hood emblems. It means to me that the value I’ve assigned to this limited production, handmade work is reasonable. And I appreciate the nice remarks made on these forums by satisfied members. Thanks to all for hanging in there with me the last three months!

That said, I’ll need to start a new waiting list, because my dealer informs me that I have exhausted the local supply of OEM Upright stars available at the parts counter! The dealer has them backordered, and it will take about a week or so to get them back in stock.

So, it appears dealer part availability, combined with my limited time to make these stars, will ensure that the WHITE STAR Flat Badge remains an exclusive item. Fine for me as I can take a few days to rest...
Old 08-11-2006, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm
Until I see the new grille for the '07 E Class close up and measure and decide if I like it, I am using my own modified badge. The new grille has the badge embedded in it, but some people think the grille is a little harsh looking. Also, not sure if it fits my '05.
Here is a close up of the S550 Grille Badge...

Old 08-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
But Jack, is the badge flat, or is it bent, or bowed, to allow it to flow around the prow in the grille?

We're talking about flat badges here, and while the S550 badge looks great, someone would have to have tools and skills to flatten it for use in the hood divot... assuming it's the right size.

It appears to me the one jimbo1mcm has on this grille is bent, too.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:46 PM
JDM

2011 C300
The broad white star badge behind DFWdudes version came off an early 70's grill. I like that old white star. Thanks again DF.
Attached Thumbnails NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!-boat-014.jpg  
Old 08-11-2006, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

But Jack, is the badge flat, or is it bent, or bowed, to allow it to flow around the prow in the grille?

We're talking about flat badges here, and while the S550 badge looks great, someone would have to have tools and skills to flatten it for use in the hood divot... assuming it's the right size.

It appears to me the one jimbo1mcm has on this grille is bent, too.
It is formed to the contour of the grille. The purpose of posting the picture was so that the poster could see the grille close-up, not for the possibility of using the S550 badge on the hood.

Last edited by Nevada Jack; 08-11-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:46 PM
JDM

2011 C300
It is formed to the contour of the grille. The purpose of posting the picture was so that the poster could see the grille close-up, not for the possibility of using the S550 badge on the hood.

Nice car Jack. I noticed there is no blue wreath at the base of your hood ornament..are all the latest ones like that?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JDM
Nice car Jack. I noticed there is no blue wreath at the base of your hood ornament..are all the latest ones like that?
I don't really remember the blue wreath at the base of the hood ornament...it was not on my S430 nor E320 as I remember, and cars back into the 70's may have had it but it is not in the data bank anymore...:-)
Old 08-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
My E320 had the blue wreath on the base.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:26 PM
JDM

2011 C300
I don't really remember the blue wreath at the base of the hood ornament...it was not on my S430 nor E320 as I remember, and cars back into the 70's may have had it but it is not in the data bank anymore...:-)

sorry Jack, I mean the blue enamel ring with the silver wreath embossed in it that goes around the circumfrence of the pedestal for the star. Yours is just solid chrome. I've not seen a blank one on later model cars before. 70's models were blank on the bases, but had the wide white star badge on the crest of the grill.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Quick Reply: NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge on an E350!