Wiring Diagram Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S211 E320 CDI Estate (Station Wagon) [2003]
Wiring Diagram Question

Hi,

I have recently downloaded a wiring diagram for the rear SAM from WIS. However, there are some symbols and other notation on it that I don't understand and cannot find in the explanatory notes in WIS. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me.

The image below is sheet 1 (of 3) of the diagram for the rear SAM ('SAM-R'). I am interested in how the SAM-R connects to the rear lights. I have a station wagon, so I have crossed out two boxes in the diagram that relate to sedans and placed a yellow box around the circuits I am interested in. I have attached to this post the legend for the diagram which contains more info on this.

+ Please click on the image to view it at a higher resolution +

My questions relates to the contents of the two green boxes. For ease of viewing, I have zoomed in on this area with the image below. Again, it can be clicked to be viewed at a higher resolution.

Firstly, does the number '14' relate to the rear lights --> SAM-R connector? If so, how do I physically identify which connector plug it is on the SAM-R? Does anyone know where I can get a picture of diagram of the SAM-R which shows what connectors go where?

Secondly, what do the letters and numbers in the green rectangle mean? Do the numbers relate to the terminal positions within a connector? If so, where can I find more info about the connector, such as a diagram? Also, if anyone knows what 'SL' and FRA' mean, I'd be grateful to find out.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:17 AM

I've found the answer to my question about what 'SL' and 'FRA' stand for. I'll paste them here in case they are of use to any one else in the future:

BL = Stop lamp
FRA = Turn signal indicator
KZB = License plate lighting
NSL = Rear fog lamp
NSW = Fog lamps
RFL = Reversing lamp
SL = Tail lamp

More information (in German) on pages 150 and 151: http://www.mbclub.ru/pdf/211%20Arial...k%20gesamt.pdf

Translated into English: Welcome to the W211 E- Class!

I've still not found any information regarding terminal numbers within connectors.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by DJFarmo
I've still not found any information regarding terminal numbers within connectors.
Can you explain what info are you missing. The numbers in the green box of your figure are the pin assignments for the connector #14 as you explained yourself. The connector would have the pin numbers marked too. You can find the connector figure from Starfinder too.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Can you explain what info are you missing. The numbers in the green box of your figure are the pin assignments for the connector #14 as you explained yourself. The connector would have the pin numbers marked too. You can find the connector figure from Starfinder too.
I apologise if I appear to be answering my own questions, or in any way unclear.

Thank you for confirming that the numbers in the green box are the connector pin numbers. That is helpful. Also, thanks for mentioning that the connector will have the pin numbers marked on it as well. I did not realise that, so that is useful.

I am new to working on Mercedes, using Mercedes documentation, and to this forum. You mention that a connector figure is available on Starfinder. What is Starfinder, and is it something I could get access to?

Returning to my original questions: I would very much like to get a diagram that shows the assignment of connectors that plug into the SAM-R. Is this something that would also be available on Starfinder?

Thanks again.

Last edited by DJFarmo; 03-01-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Thanks for alerting me to the existence of StarFinder. I have acquired a copy and obtained from it the connector diagrams and other information I could not find in WIS.

All of my questions have now been answered. I've attached the connector diagram I was looking for and also a colour version of sheet 1 of the wiring diagram for the SAM-R (N10/2).

Last edited by DJFarmo; 03-02-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:37 AM

2007 Mercedes E-350 4-Matic
Rear-view backup camera power connections on w211 (2007-E350-4Matic)

Originally Posted by DJFarmo
Thanks for alerting me to the existence of StarFinder. I have acquired a copy and obtained from it the connector diagrams and other information I could not find in WIS.

All of my questions have now been answered. I've attached the connector diagram I was looking for and also a colour version of sheet 1 of the wiring diagram for the SAM-R (N10/2).
-------------------
If someone could tell where the red (+ve) of backup camera and black(-ve) of camera is supposed to be connected that will be a big help ?

I want to connect a backup camera to the reverse lamp wiring or directly to the fuse box.

You've lot of useful information in this thread, but I couldn't find an answer which color wires or fuse controls the reverse lamp and can I take a wire from the fuse box on left side panel of trunk or do I need to open the entire light.

I see that the fuse box has fuse numbered F17,F18,F19 and F20 (horizontally on top), and F1-F16 numbered vertically on left side of fuse box but not sure if back-up camera power can be connected here ??

Thanks,
-Irfan
Attached Thumbnails Wiring Diagram Question-img.1.jpg   Wiring Diagram Question-img_2.jpg   Wiring Diagram Question-img_4.jpg   Wiring Diagram Question-img.10.jpg   Wiring Diagram Question-img_5.jpg