GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2010 Mercedes Benz GLK350 Review

Old 03-23-2009, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes Benz GLK350 Review

Hey guys,

Ok, we gave the comparisons a little break (I think I see one coming tomorrow); that's in the past. The future is bringing the 2010 GLK 350. It looks nice, though you may scoff at the soft exterior. You can argue it looks like a C-Class wagon on steroids and stilts. But it can also be said that it has an attractive family-oriented feel, which suits many people's needs. What do you think?

If you missed it, here's the article: https://mbworld.org/glk/post_7.php

Last edited by MBWorld.org Editors; 03-23-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Originally Posted by MBWorld.org Editors
Hey guys,

Ok, we gave the comparisons a little break (I think I see one coming tomorrow); that's in the past. The future is bringing the 2010 GLK 350. It looks nice, though you may scoff at the soft exterior. You can argue it looks like a C-Class wagon on steroids and stilts. But it can also be said that it has an attractive family-oriented feel, which suits many people's needs. What do you think?

If you missed it, here's the article: https://mbworld.org/glk/post_7.php

Thanks for nothing. You guys did not even get the specs right.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4 matic Wagon
I think it is ugly and lacks the penache of the C series. The estate wagon is something I would like to buy but since I don't live in Azebijan, Turkmenistan, Europe, Asia, Australia I can't do that. Only the USA and Canada with large markets are not getting the wagon. What do Volvo, Subaru and even BMW with the 3 series touring know about market demand that MBUSA and MBC don't? This just what we need. Another bloody SUV!
Old 05-24-2009, 02:04 AM

GLK 350
Originally Posted by Alex 3
I think it is ugly and lacks the penache of the C series. The estate wagon is something I would like to buy but since I don't live in Azebijan, Turkmenistan, Europe, Asia, Australia I can't do that. Only the USA and Canada with large markets are not getting the wagon. What do Volvo, Subaru and even BMW with the 3 series touring know about market demand that MBUSA and MBC don't? This just what we need. Another bloody SUV!
You are entitled to your opinion... It just not the car, correction SUV for you Alex... if prefer a wagon, you will find choices out there eh.. At the end of the day MB is not a BMW, Audi, Subaru, or any other car manufacturer, and this SUV is something that we all like at this GLK forum. They have something which we found to be unique in our own personal choices, and love the car for what it is... Not everyone has to fall in love, like or hate it.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:03 AM

GLK 350X :0
Post who's mbworld.org editors?

This can't be seriously from editors?
Old 05-24-2009, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
wagons =

If you want the cargo room get an SUV. Who are you, Chevy Chase on a road trip with the Griswalds?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:55 PM

Yugos only
There were two special models shown at the GLK introduction.

One was an offroad version (I forget the name they gave it) Are we going to get the offroad version in the USA - Europe has it - or will we be deprived again?

Has anyone taken a picture of the undercarriage of the GLK on a lift? Does it have any skidplates or other offroad protection?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:04 PM

2010 GLK350 4Matic Sport
Not a thing for US and Cdn cars since we get only the sport vs offroad package vehicles, which themselves only get a poor excuse for a skidplate.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:22 PM

Yugos only
what the "insider" told me

Originally Posted by ben-c
Not a thing for US and Cdn cars since we get only the sport vs offroad package vehicles, which themselves only get a poor excuse for a skidplate.
The insider told me the skidplates on the NA spec GLKs are plastic. I've seen them on the cars and they break off very easily - must use the same cheap clips as the door clips on the G500!

They sell what is in stock, no?

They had no info on the world spec offroad version.

Guess I'll keep the G500.

Last edited by ivanj; 07-20-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
are we comparing GLK to G? let's not get crazy over here.

However, offroad package is available in Europe, but I'm sure it's still no match to G.

GLK is faster and handles better than G, that's what it was made for.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:24 PM

Mercedes A-Class (W169)
The offroad enginerring package, besides the underside protection made from special plastic, offers the off-road driving (G button) program and Hill Decent control.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:45 PM

Yugos only
You can no longer buy a Gxxx from MB in Scotland

Originally Posted by NYCGLK
are we comparing GLK to G? let's not get crazy over here.

However, offroad package is available in Europe, but I'm sure it's still no match to G.

GLK is faster and handles better than G, that's what it was made for.

http://rsi-cda.mercedes-benz.com/con...0003_0001.html
Old 07-25-2009, 01:46 PM

Yugos only
you type worse than I do!

Originally Posted by SirOracle
The offroad enginerring package, besides the underside protection made from special plastic, offers the off-road driving (G button) program and Hill Decent control.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:16 PM

SL Class
Kessel

It does have a great ride @ a great price point though