S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Hey guys...time for an update!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430, 2002 Range Rover HSE 1985 BMW 535 (Sold), 99 BMW 530 (R.I.P), 98 Mazda Millenia (R.I.P)
Hey guys...time for an update!

well...it's been a month and half since the carjacking, and here's where things are:

1: It took 3 weeks just to get a new key from Germany

2: The dealer called today to let me know the suspension has been repaired and the work has a lifetime warranty.

3: The car will be taken to the body shop tomorrow for the repairs needed for the bumper and both side mirrors, and a new wheel has been bought to replace the one that was cracked by the goons who robbed us.

4: I went to take a look at the car two weeks ago and I found a cell phone inside the car that belonged to one of the carjackers. The police has it now.

Lastly and sadly, a few days ago, an acquaintance of mine, a dynamic businessman who owned his own cellphone store in SECURITY Square Mall, which is located less than a mile from where we were carjacked, was shot and killed as two guys tried to carjack him...and yes, he also drove a Benz. What makes this even more difficult to bear is that my girlfriend and I were watching the late night news tonight, and a profile of one of the suspects who killed this guy was presented, and lo and behold.....it was the same animal who put his gun to my head and was the one drove my car away while his accomplice drove the car they came with.

This is getting to be too much.

Last edited by naijaman; 01-12-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:58 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2004 S500
For GOD's sake be careful !! Don't go any where with out telling someone where you are going. Look at everything and everyone as a potential threat. If you remain sharp and aware you will be OK. Remember...when you least expect it...expect it!!
Old 01-15-2006, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its big and Grey!
I live up the street from you in Catonsville.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm glad to see you getting back on track. It's a crazy world we live in. Hey, while you are fixing her back up know that a 45 caliber fits perfectly in those first aid pockets on your seat. Use only when you are sure your life or passengers life in in trouble.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
Originally Posted by naijaman

Lastly and sadly, a few days ago, an acquaintance of mine, a dynamic businessman who owned his own cellphone store in SECURITY Square Mall, which is located less than a mile from where we were carjacked, was shot and killed as two guys tried to carjack him...and yes, he also drove a Benz. What makes this even more difficult to bear is that my girlfriend and I were watching the late night news tonight, and a profile of one of the suspects who killed this guy was presented, and lo and behold.....it was the same animal who put his gun to my head and was the one drove my car away while his accomplice drove the car they came with.

This is getting to be too much.
My wife and I had read about the man killed iver the holidays at Security Square Mall, and we had discussed it in relation to your incident and a number of others in Baltimore (including more near Security Boulevard); there is bad stuff going on all over Baltimore. We left there only recently (and lived not far away - a beautiful neighborhood at Liberty Road, just inside the beltway). Hope the cell phone you turned in helps to crack this - especially now that it is murder.

About a month ago my wife & I went to a steak house in Alexandria, VA. My silver S500 was parked away from other cars, under a light, in the parking lot of a Giant food store in the same strip mall; though only 7 PM, it was dark.

Upon leaving the restaurant, my wife got into the car, and I opened the trunk to secure a container that had been rolling loose. My wife jumped out and told me with extreme urgency, "Get in the car; get in the car now." We both quickly got into the car.

As it turned out, she had seen 3 people in a van in the row directly behind us, with the front of the van toward us; they had been sitting with the back (sliding) door open, and it was 32 degrees outside. They did nothing until we approached our car (according to my wife, who had thought it odd that they had the door open in the cold). As I had opened the trunk, two guys got out and started walking toward us. The third, a woman, stayed in the van, and did not take her eyes off of us, according to my wife. The guys left the door open on the van as they exited (quick getaway) and started toward our car; that's when she got out and warned me.

As I got into the car, I saw them hesitate, then walk back toward the van - but they did not get in, and kept watching the car. I had not seen them until after my wife warned me. I locked the doors immediately, then started the car and drove to an upper lot, away from them. They did not follow.

Those of us who drive nice cars must always be extremely careful. Perhaps I should not have parked in a wide-open space away from other cars - mine certainly stood out in the lot. After dark, I should not have paused at the trunk. At any time, I should have been more aware of people in other vehicles or nearby who may have been staking us out (there is not much doubt that is what they had been doing). My wife, a Baltimore gal, was more alert than I had been, and I'm glad she was. I have no doubt that whatever they were up to was no good - carjacking, robbery, whatever. Those guys did not look like people I'd have cared to meet, let alone have a conversation with.

Two days later there was a carjacking of a Mercedes not far from that location. The owner was injured, but not killed.

Last edited by Skylaw; 01-15-2006 at 11:39 PM.