First real KILL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Smile First real KILL

oh my , sorry I did not post this last night but I had to think about it...Returning home from work last night around 2am. I exit the freeway and pull up right besides a 997 T U R B O. He does not really look over and no engine rev, no sign he even has a clue what has pulled besides him. This is me in SPORT MODE and I wanted to see if I could keep up from the dig. Light changes and he rolls off slowly, oh well I glance over and then floor it switching lanes to get in front of him to turn. At the next light I decide not to let him off so easy and come back around on his left. This was a brand new porsche turbo and I guess the guy was nervous? Well he guns it on the green , I hesitate then crawled right up his bumper, and passsed him on the right at around sixty mph. In a strret race the CLS seems like it could easily get the jump on this turbo, i felt confident he was looking at the 63 like "What the **** MB is that". I suppose folks in 2 seater turbos feel no one would possibly even attempt to passem? Well this car did and likely would again. Attention 997 owner please do not underestimate this 4 door cpe. I know it was likely the wrong car to toy with but this 997 driver will forever be on the lookout for the stealth 4 door coupe that ate him on Highland. Now that sport has been engaged I would imagine this car will do consistent dustings at green lights. My favorite pastime is getting on the backside of the Los Angeles Ducatti guys that pass you in between then pull infront of you..I will tell that story l8tr.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E 500 4matic wagon; CLS 63 AMG
Originally Posted by juicee55
oh my , sorry I did not post this last night but I had to think about it...Returning home from work last night around 2am. I exit the freeway and pull up right besides a 997 T U R B O. He does not really look over and no engine rev, no sign he even has a clue what has pulled besides him. This is me in SPORT MODE and I wanted to see if I could keep up from the dig. Light changes and he rolls off slowly, oh well I glance over and then floor it switching lanes to get in front of him to turn. At the next light I decide not to let him off so easy and come back around on his left. This was a brand new porsche turbo and I guess the guy was nervous? Well he guns it on the green , I hesitate then crawled right up his bumper, and passsed him on the right at around sixty mph. In a strret race the CLS seems like it could easily get the jump on this turbo, i felt confident he was looking at the 63 like "What the **** MB is that". I suppose folks in 2 seater turbos feel no one would possibly even attempt to passem? Well this car did and likely would again. Attention 997 owner please do not underestimate this 4 door cpe. I know it was likely the wrong car to toy with but this 997 driver will forever be on the lookout for the stealth 4 door coupe that ate him on Highland. Now that sport has been engaged I would imagine this car will do consistent dustings at green lights. My favorite pastime is getting on the backside of the Los Angeles Ducatti guys that pass you in between then pull infront of you..I will tell that story l8tr.
Boy, you sure work late!!
Old 12-16-2006, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by paul928
Boy, you sure work late!!

LOL, gotta pay dem bills...last day of filming, only worked 19 hours.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Great kill story.....I was just curious, aren't the 997 turbo's faster than the CLS63's?

Not trying to flame here....just was curious.

Good kill.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:50 AM

i am pretty sure if he knows how to drive u won't have a chance, most likly he missed a gear or something, most of these porsche have manual instead of a slush box, the new 997 turbo is the ultimate 0-60 king, especially the one with slush box.
these machine are amazing 0-60 in 3.4 sec, i am considing getting one myself
Old 12-16-2006, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
Originally Posted by hkwallace328
i am pretty sure if he knows how to drive u won't have a chance, most likly he missed a gear or something, most of these porsche have manual instead of a slush box, the new 997 turbo is the ultimate 0-60 king, especially the one with slush box.
these machine are amazing 0-60 in 3.4 sec, i am considing getting one myself
...997TT driven properly and to kill, would eat up almost anything on the street...my guess is the driver cant drive for his life, hadn't broken her in yet and didnt go all out, basically the car didnt put out its all or itd be him writing a kill story on the porsche forums

but for the record I got my latest kill, on a stick 4 door G35x (though the kid wasnt exactly the best driver)...I'd like to think that I'd eaten him up regardless

....man I just need to get an AMG...sure beats racing this 302hp, 4065lb convertible of mine
Old 12-16-2006, 12:09 PM

'07 CLS63 AMG, '08 S550, '09 GL450 w/appearance pkg., ('06 BMW '04 M3, '01 Boxster S - ALL SOLD)
Exclamation bottom line...

Juicee55: good kill.

For the other members that doubt...It can happen...I've made this point before in other threads..."On any given day, anything can happen in a race."

Question: Whenever someone posts a kill vs a 997TT or a C6 Z06...why must certain folks post negative comments? It's always..."the guy can't drive" or "he obviously can't shift properly." What the heck? Haven't any of you doubters every beaten someone that you thought you couldn't? It's a blast...

But give the folks a break when they post a kill...The members that post these usually tell it like it happened...the negative comments are your assumptions...And you know what is thought of people that assume.

Also, until you own a CLS63...you'll never know how good it really is...once the break-in period is done...the car runs like a champ will surprise almost everyone. I know first-hand!

Bottom line...that day...Juicee55 beat a 977TT...end of story.

Last edited by CLS63AMGGUY; 12-16-2006 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the record, car and driver tested the 997 turbo at 0-60mph in 3.4 seconds and 1/4 mile in 11.7 seconds.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
I know it seems unlikely based on

Originally Posted by Tuskir
For the record, car and driver tested the 997 turbo at 0-60mph in 3.4 seconds and 1/4 mile in 11.7 seconds.
Track tests etc, but on that late night, the 997 could not pull away and perhaps he was not 100% but for onlookers the CLS appeared to be the faster vehicle. Also if my CLS is automatic with LSD and he is shifting I bet I beat this car more than once.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Great kill story.....I was just curious, aren't the 997 turbo's faster than the CLS63's?

Not trying to flame here....just was curious.

Good kill.
Thanks Stiggs,

I suppose in the magazines, driver was certainly suprised at the speed of the CLS. Maybe he figured a 4 door he could do 3/4 throttle and manage to stay on top. I really have no clue but I will see many of these cars here during the course of my lease. I am certain the LSD really helps my car get the jump. In any event on this night the guy failed to show me the 997 was superior
Old 12-16-2006, 06:40 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
It's good for You that YOU believe you beat a 997TT. I know as a fact that I have a 2006 C6 Z06 that is faster than a CLS55/63 and I have lost by 2 car lengths to 997TT. IN A 1/4 MILE DRAG STRIP OF INFINEON RACEWAY. In 3 seperate runs. Consistently. And I know how to drag and shift. I've spent the last 15 years in the autocrossing and cart cars racing circuit in Nor Cal.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:52 PM

Your position is flawed at best. In a street race, one may assume that the other person is racing you, but he may not. The only to know for sure is if both drivers agree beforehand that they are going for it, or when you take it to a drag strip.

Many people who raised doubts, including me are because of the improbability of the situation. One car (63) cannot beat another one (997TT) if everything else is constant. The only variable is the other driver not doing something right, or trying. Tiger Woods will drive a graphite/titanium driver longer than an old persimon wood one. The only way an old wood driver can beat a new titanium/graphite driver is if the golfer mis-hit. The only way a 997TT loses to a 63 is if the driver wasn't trying.

Would you, or juice55 want to really race a 997TT in a drag strip for pinks if you rally think the 63 has a chance?

Originally Posted by CLS63AMGGUY
Juicee55: good kill.

For the other members that doubt...It can happen...I've made this point before in other threads..."On any given day, anything can happen in a race."

Question: Whenever someone posts a kill vs a 997TT or a C6 Z06...why must certain folks post negative comments? It's always..."the guy can't drive" or "he obviously can't shift properly." What the heck? Haven't any of you doubters every beaten someone that you thought you couldn't? It's a blast...

But give the folks a break when they post a kill...The members that post these usually tell it like it happened...the negative comments are your assumptions...And you know what is thought of people that assume.

Also, until you own a CLS63...you'll never know how good it really is...once the break-in period is done...the car runs like a champ will surprise almost everyone. I know first-hand!

Bottom line...that day...Juicee55 beat a 977TT...end of story.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Cool

Originally Posted by coolcamden
It's good for You that YOU believe you beat a 997TT. I know as a fact that I have a 2006 C6 Z06 that is faster than a CLS55/63 and I have lost by 2 car lengths to 997TT. IN A 1/4 MILE DRAG STRIP OF INFINEON RACEWAY. In 3 seperate runs. Consistently. And I know how to drag and shift. I've spent the last 15 years in the autocrossing and cart cars racing circuit in Nor Cal.

I beat the 997 and whether the driver was as skilled as you is moot. Your race actually proves my kill as possible. in the 1/4 mile you and your professional driving were beaten by a mere two car lengths by the 997. If your 06 Vette can stay that close it is certainly possible for my 63 to beat the 997 off the line and possibly pull on it during the first 2-5 seconds of a race. My race took place here in Los Angeles at 2am, on Highland avenue headed south toward Hollywood blvd. I was not about to stretch it out past a few hundred feet, it was a test and the driver of the 997 failed to show me his car is faster than mine. Your claim that the stock 06 Vette is faster than the 55/63 to me is the bigger tale.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:12 PM

CLS63 AMG
I am with Juice55 and CLS63Guy. On the street, things are totally different. I have beaten cars I shouldn't have (C5 and stuff) and also didn't do so good with other cars due to traction or the slush box being in the wrong gear. On the streets, anything can happen. I think the CLS63 consistently would be faster than my E55 because of traction and the launch.

Why is there so much bashing? Nobody said it was a 1/4 mile run. It was one race and one outcome.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:14 PM

I will race your 63 any time, any place for pink slips.
Say the word.

Your claim that the stock 06 Vette is faster than the 55/63 to me is the bigger tale.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Say the word.
You are way too skilled a driver for me to challenge. I am just a cook with a very amazing car that seems to not get the respect it deserves from non-amg drivers. My good friend Bill F, raced vettes for the last 30 years works for GM and was thrilled by my E55, said it was every bit as fast as his 06 Z06. I beleive the 63 has better traction and launch and every bit as quick as the 55 was. I would be happy to place a professional driver in my 63 at a track against you and your vette but pink slips well thats just silly. How about an expenses paid trip to VEGASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..
Old 12-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Received 507 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.ph...ame=Compare%21

This is why the argument is silly.

On the other hand, anything can happen in a short impromptu street race. Those of us that are honest will admit to being beat on occasion by less powerful cars. But!!!!!..... WHEN THAT HAPPENS, IT IS DUE TO DRIVER ERROR!!!!

Last edited by Rock; 12-16-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Almost a Member!

07 E63 AMG
wow, great job! i do love the 63 but I do think the 997 would put up more of a fight! But I do love your ride!
Old 12-16-2006, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Rock
http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.ph...ame=Compare%21

This is why the argument is silly.

On the other hand, anything can happen in a short impromptu street race. Those of us that are honest will admit to being beat on occasion by less powerful cars. But!!!!!..... WHEN THAT HAPPENS, IT IS DUE TO DRIVER ERROR!!!!
To post drag times does nothing to disprove the fact that it is POSSIBLE in a cls 63 to get the jump on a vette, a porsche a bmw and or any other car. You wanna post drag times there are many FASTER cars than my 63 on the track. This is about a race on the streets, just mini tests of the vehicles response to throttle vs another car and driver. Nobody owning a CLS 63 or E63 or E55 or CLS 55 or anyother benzo claimed the car to be faster on the track than the 997 turbo. The track times all two of them are suckie and that is likely why people in this forum think this car is a snail. I know this car can get into the mid 12 second range which is not that far off from the Turbo's time. Once thius engine has several k on it those track times will be improved upon. Funny how no one is commenting that the guy with the 06 vette says it is faster than the 55/63, man where am I?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:37 PM

'07 CLS63 AMG, '08 S550, '09 GL450 w/appearance pkg., ('06 BMW '04 M3, '01 Boxster S - ALL SOLD)
Exclamation

amgbg...I agree with you...too much bashing...and yes, this is directed at you coolcamden...RELAX...this is just a blog...

Apparently you don't understand that this is a MB board...(see above in the address box for clarification) and guys comment on their kills and race stories for fun and support...nothing too serious...for some reason some of you feel compelled to down the story with your so-called expertise...and common sense would tell you that if we are members on a car blog, most of us read R&T, C&D, Automobile, Motortrend, etc...therefore we know the 1/4 mile stats etc...

At that moment, when the juicee55 raced, a kill was a kill...Don't give me all of that other rhetoric on how it isn't possible...it just doesn't matter...anything can happen on the road...

oh...and that Pink slip thing...that's TV...that's stupid.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:24 AM
Banned

F248 F1
Say the word.

hey i have a 996 i say we go for a run
Old 12-17-2006, 08:14 AM

E63 biturbo
Yes it is true that there are many variables to consider in impromptu street races but it is highly unlikely that a CLS 63 is able to let a properly driven, run-in, 4WD 997 turbo GO FIRST and still manage to catch, let alone pass him ... BY 60 MPH!!! Its like beating an SL65 and thinking that u really beat it.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Received 507 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
To post drag times does nothing to disprove the fact that it is POSSIBLE in a cls 63 to get the jump on a vette, a Porsche a bmw and or any other car. You wanna post drag times there are many FASTER cars than my 63 on the track. This is about a race on the streets, just mini tests of the vehicles response to throttle vs another car and driver. Nobody owning a CLS 63 or E63 or E55 or CLS 55 or anyother benzo claimed the car to be faster on the track than the 997 turbo. The track times all two of them are suckie and that is likely why people in this forum think this car is a snail. I know this car can get into the mid 12 second range which is not that far off from the Turbo's time. Once thius engine has several k on it those track times will be improved upon. Funny how no one is commenting that the guy with the 06 vette says it is faster than the 55/63, man where am I?
If your point is "on the street anything can happen", then I agree. But often these encounters lead people to assume their car is "faster" and/or more powerful then it really is.

What 1/4 mile times and road course times do is provide an environment that eliminates many of the variables you find on the street and allows you to compare performance more accurately.

So lets face it, a stock E or CLS63 (also 55's) will never run 11.7 @ 121mph like the Porsche. You may win a short street race but that does not make your car faster than his.

BTW, I do love the CLS63 but let's be real.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:33 AM

2012 C63 Coupe Iridium Silver
... Funny how no one is commenting that the guy with the 06 vette says it is faster than the 55/63, man where am I?

?! Are you saying a C6 Z06 Vette is not faster than a 55/63? I think everyone has missed this comment... Havent some Z06s done under 11 second 1/4 miles with drag radials? Yes. Most can do mid 11s. And the 997 turbo is faster than a Z06.

i.e. both will walk a 63
Old 12-17-2006, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Rock
If your point is "on the street anything can happen", then I agree. But often these encounters lead people to assume their car is "faster" and/or more powerful then it really is.

What 1/4 mile times and road course times do is provide an environment that eliminates many of the variables you find on the street and allows you to compare performance more accurately.

So lets face it, a stock E or CLS63 (also 55's) will never run 11.7 @ 121mph like the Porsche. You may win a short street race but that does not make your car faster than his.

BTW, I do love the CLS63 but let's be real.
Agreed...but once again, the point of a kill/race story is not the numbers you find in a magazine...the point is that on that particular day, juicee55 won...many are getting just a bit tired of members downing the results...posting stats they find in a mag...the kill story wasn't intended to debate that...it is just a damn story...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First real KILL