*** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
*** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***

The Extreme belt wrap kit is ready to go. The initial run was for 20 pieces. All of the parts have arrived and we are in the process of putting the packages together.

We have been looking for a way to cure the problem of belt slip on these cars for some time now. Cars that are suffering from belt slip usually have a dyno chart where the A/F just falls pig rich (below 10:1) above 5,000RPM. This is because at higher RPM the belt is slipping across the snout of the S/C and not putting out full boost meanwhile the ECU is still dumping fuel.

Carlsson was the only tuner that attempted to cure this problem by providing a small auxiliary tensioner which is supposed to keep the idler from bouncing back up during severe belt oscillations. I am not sure how well this performs, but, I believe we have the FULL solution.

This kit is not some random compilation of little tid bits that were thrown together. It is a well thought out, well engineered package to cure and control belt slip and oscillation issues. The pullies were made by BilletFlow to our specs and everything else was custom made.

The kit comprises of the following: A new auxiliary tensioner, BilletFlow pullies, brackets, bolts, and all mounting hardware as well as a new Enhanced Longevity Gates belt.

Stock setup provides 45% - 50% MAX belt contact to the S/C pulley.

VRP Extreme Belt Wrap kit provides 80% - 85% belt contact to the S/C pulley.

Below is a pic showing the toplevel view of how the pullies integrate with one another.

Below is a shot of the BilletFlow pullies and some mounting hardware. You can see the computer CAD drawing that was generated during the design phase.

Here are 2 good shots which show the Auxiliary Tensioner setup.

And finally, here is a shot of the whole package as it is after installation.. Pay close attention to the belt around the snout of the S/C pulley and then go look at your stock belt wrap on your own car.. You'll notice how much extra contact there is with this kit.

Now... We can offer this kit at a special introductory price of: $899 SHIPPED. BUT... After July 6th I have to raise the price to $999 SHIPPED.

My personal opinion is that this kit should be on any car that is running higher than stock boost. I think on a stock boost car you can probably get away with just upgrading the tensioner but if you want total piece of mind, the full kit is the way to go.

For those of you who don't want to go the route of purchasing the entire kit, the Auxiliary Tensioner can be purchased on its own for: $299 SHIPPED

You can Purchase here: http://69.17.158.20/vrus/purchase.htm
Old 06-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 SOLD, 89 300 SE 375,000 miles
Originally Posted by vrus
The Extreme belt wrap kit is ready to go. The initial run was for 20 pieces. All of the parts have arrived and we are in the process of putting the packages together.

We have been looking for a way to cure the problem of belt slip on these cars for some time now. Cars that are suffering from belt slip usually have a dyno chart where the A/F just falls pig rich (below 10:1) above 5,000RPM. This is because at higher RPM the belt is slipping across the snout of the S/C and not putting out full boost meanwhile the ECU is still dumping fuel.

Carlsson was the only tuner that attempted to cure this problem by providing a small auxiliary tensioner which is supposed to keep the idler from bouncing back up during severe belt oscillations. I am not sure how well this performs, but, I believe we have the FULL solution.

This kit is not some random compilation of little tid bits that were thrown together. It is a well thought out, well engineered package to cure and control belt slip and oscillation issues. The pullies were made by BilletFlow to our specs and everything else was custom made.

The kit comprises of the following: A new auxiliary tensioner, BilletFlow pullies, brackets, bolts, and all mounting hardware as well as a new Enhanced Longevity Gates belt.

Stock setup provides 45% - 50% MAX belt contact to the S/C pulley.

VRP Extreme Belt Wrap kit provides 80% - 85% belt contact to the S/C pulley.

Below is a pic showing the toplevel view of how the pullies integrate with one another.

Below is a shot of the BilletFlow pullies and some mounting hardware. You can see the computer CAD drawing that was generated during the design phase.

Here are 2 good shots which show the Auxiliary Tensioner setup.

And finally, here is a shot of the whole package as it is after installation.. Pay close attention to the belt around the snout of the S/C pulley and then go look at your stock belt wrap on your own car.. You'll notice how much extra contact there is with this kit.

Now... We can offer this kit at a special introductory price of: $899 SHIPPED. BUT... After July 6th I have to raise the price to $999 SHIPPED.

My personal opinion is that this kit should be on any car that is running higher than stock boost. I think on a stock boost car you can probably get away with just upgrading the tensioner but if you want total piece of mind, the full kit is the way to go.

For those of you who don't want to go the route of purchasing the entire kit, the Auxiliary Tensioner can be purchased on its own for: $299 SHIPPED

You can Purchase here: http://69.17.158.20/vrus/purchase.htm
Hey Buddy,

Looks beautiful. This is going to solve a big problem I have at the top end with my lead foot.

You and Finney never cease to amaze me. You two are my hero's

I will be going down to San Diego to the euro car event in August and my car will be filled with ALL VRP stuff to show everyone, the excellent work you do.

Carbon Fiber Items 80MMTB, SLR Cams, Extreme Belt wrap, and any other goodies I can pack into it.

D
Old 06-29-2007, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
could not get connection. sent money thru paypal.
thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Sorry Steve.. I had to refund it cause it came through in USD.. Paypal takes an extra 3% for currency conversion + the 3% service fee.. Costs me too much to do it this way.

Can you please use the link above.. My internet was down for a good part of the evening so that is why the link wasnt working.. Sorry about that.

Originally Posted by theboogers
could not get connection. sent money thru paypal.
thanks
Old 06-30-2007, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Link works NOW...!

The link to Vic's site works now... for those who like to spend money...
Old 06-30-2007, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
resent money. more than 899.oo was this extra for the shipping amount? thanks, steve h
Old 07-01-2007, 09:30 AM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Just for the record, my Tech looked at my 8000 mile old belt and said it was slipping. When I asked him what he based his opion on, he said "The top side was glossy and unsually streaked with the printed words looking like they are streching." He also thought that the stock tentioner was bouncing on the belt and not holding it well.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Victor,
Did you do installation instructions?
How many hours do you estimate?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this mod would make cooling even more important. You'd be increasing the efficiency of the s/c and the resulting heat.

Can I pay in any method other than paypal?
I hate paypal, just like I hate Ticketron.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Vic,
Check your PM. Thanks
Old 07-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Steve.. I quote everything in USD to make it easier for you guys to figure out the prices of parts.. but I have to charge in CDN because I pay all the stuff in CDN dollars once they land here..

Because of Paypal and the way they handle currency exchange, they mark up the exchange rate a few points to make money. I use the www.x-rates.com website to figure out the USD equivalent whenever I quote you guys so the day I make the quote, the numbers are accurate.

Originally Posted by theboogers
resent money. more than 899.oo was this extra for the shipping amount? thanks, steve h
Old 07-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Dan.. Yup.. This is a common and major problem on these cars.. Some people don't seem to have as serious an issue as others, but I can gaurantee to some extent every one of these cars suffers from it.

One thing I dont believe in is creating a solution and then go find a problem to solve with it... its usually the other way around.

Once people start installing this kit I am sure they will notice how much more "alive" the topend will feel on the car.

Originally Posted by dsc
Just for the record, my Tech looked at my 8000 mile old belt and said it was slipping. When I asked him what he based his opion on, he said "The top side was glossy and unsually streaked with the printed words looking like they are streching." He also thought that the stock tentioner was bouncing on the belt and not holding it well.
No instructions exist yet.. This is "hot off the presses".. I am working on creating some paper to go with the kit. I believe 4-5hrs is generous amount of time to do the install.

I guess you can look at it that way.. The belt slip kit will ensure the motor makes all the boost it is supposed to, so you will generate more power and therefore more heat.

I am working on introducing a new "Mods Card".. Its an alternative to something like Paypal and will make it easy to move money around between people... Its a solution I created for another business that I operate and I thought it would be a perfect thing to use to get rid of the crazy Paypal fees.

If you like, you can Wire the funds to me. Send me an email with what you need and I'll give you the wire instructions.

Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Victor,
Did you do installation instructions?
How many hours do you estimate?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this mod would make cooling even more important. You'd be increasing the efficiency of the s/c and the resulting heat.

Can I pay in any method other than paypal?
I hate paypal, just like I hate Ticketron.
Hey Frank.. Done.

Originally Posted by SleeperX
Vic,
Check your PM. Thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
I'll take a wrap kit! put my paddle shiffter deposit on it.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:44 AM

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
21 G63, 21 GLS580, 16 GTS Ed. 1
When can we expect the kits to ship out?
Old 07-03-2007, 08:18 AM
dsc

2004 E55
Hey Dan.. Yup.. This is a common and major problem on these cars.. Some people don't seem to have as serious an issue as others, but I can gaurantee to some extent every one of these cars suffers from it.

One thing I dont believe in is creating a solution and then go find a problem to solve with it... its usually the other way around.

Once people start installing this kit I am sure they will notice how much more "alive" the topend will feel on the car.
Yep, that's why I odered one of your kits. When do think it will ship?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
I want one as well...but I wanna the results 1st...More boosts more heat soak as well...

Have you guys actually dynoed same car with and without this kit or tested in 1/4 or 1/2 mile ???
Old 07-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
They will ship out by the end of the week (I hope).. It is a short week here in Canada because yesterday (Monday) was Canada Day.

I am waiting for the boxes to arrive to pack the kits in... Also, trying to find a way to to provide some sort of instructions with the kit so that the installers will know what to do with each bit.

Rocket's car will be a good test.. He is putting on the Extreme Wrap kit. He's running a few Renntech upgrades and has what looks to be serious belt slip.. His AFR falls flat at 5,000RPM and he is only trapping 117mph while other guys with similar mods are trapping 125mph.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
I want one as well...but I wanna the results 1st...More boosts more heat soak as well...

Have you guys actually dynoed same car with and without this kit or tested in 1/4 or 1/2 mile ???
i will be installin this just as soon as it gets here! i will dyno before and after. but better yet i will take it to the track and post time differences!
when i was tellin vic about my problems he knew right away what it was and after he explained it to me it made crystal clear sence.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Vic,

How about including an extra belt in this kit.
You will not be able to get one at the Mercedes dealer when you need it...
Old 07-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Michael! Trying my best to get it out before the end of the week..

I am 99% sure this is the issue that has been plaguing you.. The dyno chart looked just like mine and a few others I saw with the same problems.

It will be a testament to the effectiveness of the kit if the dyno chart corrects itself. Hang in there...

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
i will be installin this just as soon as it gets here! i will dyno before and after. but better yet i will take it to the track and post time differences!
when i was tellin vic about my problems he knew right away what it was and after he explained it to me it made crystal clear sence.

Hey James,

I'll give you guys the part #s for the new generation belts we are using... You can order spares if you like. I'll also buy another 10 or so sets of belts and keep them on hand in case anyone wants a spare.. Good idea.

Originally Posted by MACHC5
Vic,

How about including an extra belt in this kit.
You will not be able to get one at the Mercedes dealer when you need it...
Old 07-03-2007, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
They will ship out by the end of the week (I hope).. It is a short week here in Canada because yesterday (Monday) was Canada Day.

I am waiting for the boxes to arrive to pack the kits in... Also, trying to find a way to to provide some sort of instructions with the kit so that the installers will know what to do with each bit.

Rocket's car will be a good test.. He is putting on the Extreme Wrap kit. He's running a few Renntech upgrades and has what looks to be serious belt slip.. His AFR falls flat at 5,000RPM and he is only trapping 117mph while other guys with similar mods are trapping 125mph.
I'll take some pictures during the installation and maybe you can use it for your installation guide.

Rocket's car is an Evotech car btw Vic...
Old 07-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Ahh.. so its a little faster now... LOL.. Sorry.. couldn't resist..

Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Rocket's car is an Evotech car btw Vic...
Old 07-04-2007, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Ahh.. so its a little faster now... LOL.. Sorry.. couldn't resist..
Wait and see...
Old 07-04-2007, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Wait and see...
adam if you must tell vic our secrets thats fine but keep it a secret from the board untill after the track meet at MIR.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
adam if you must tell vic our secrets thats fine but keep it a secret from the board untill after the track meet at MIR.

He doesn't get to know either.....
Old 07-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey D!!! Sorry my friend.. I completely missed your post!

I really appreciate the kind words.. You are a good friend and I appreciate all the help and support!

Let me know in advance when you need the stuff, and I'll make sure its ready for you!

Originally Posted by mbamg06e55
Hey Buddy,

Looks beautiful. This is going to solve a big problem I have at the top end with my lead foot.

You and Finney never cease to amaze me. You two are my hero's

I will be going down to San Diego to the euro car event in August and my car will be filled with ALL VRP stuff to show everyone, the excellent work you do.

Carbon Fiber Items 80MMTB, SLR Cams, Extreme Belt wrap, and any other goodies I can pack into it.

D

So... you two are keeping secrets from me now huh???? O... K.... NO BELT WRAP FOR YOU GUYS!!! THERE...

He doesn't get to know either.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***