C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

FS: C32 Upgraded Heat Exchanger ~ Largest you can fit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
FS: C32 Upgraded Heat Exchanger ~ Largest you can fit!

I am selling my huge C32 heat exchanger. Since I have designed my own, I have no need for this one anymore. It performed flawlessly, and is the largest you can fit in the C32 bumper. It fits perfect, but does require trimming of the lower engine cover to fit (which is a piece of cake). It is all aluminum, dual pass, tube and fin, and bolts right up to the bumper. This thing is massive measuring 30x8x3.5! Fluid capacity increase is about 50oz. It looks real nice in the bumper, and works incredibly well. Because I got a killer deal on this, I am passing that deal on to you. $350 shipped!!! Prefer PayPal. The unit is off the car, ready to go. If you pay today or tomorrow, it will ship right away. Otherwise, you have to wait until Monday when I come back from vacation. Here are the pictures. Comparison shots with the stock unit. Mounted on the car with, and without, the bumper.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
[QUOTE=code3smith;2440995]I am selling my huge C32 heat exchanger. Since I have designed my own, I have no need for this one anymore. It performed flawlessly, and is the largest you can fit in the C32 bumper. It fits perfect, but does require trimming of the lower engine cover to fit (which is a piece of cake). It is all aluminum, dual pass, tube and fin, and bolts right up to the bumper. This thing is massive measuring 30x8x3.5! Fluid capacity increase is about 50oz. It looks real nice in the bumper, and works incredibly well. Because I got a killer deal on this, I am passing that deal on to you. $350 shipped!!! Prefer PayPal. The unit is off the car, ready to go. If you pay today or tomorrow, it will ship right away. Otherwise, you have to wait until Monday when I come back from vacation. Here are the pictures. Comparison shots with the stock unit. Mounted on the car with, and without, the bumper.

Hey code3smith:

What ever happened to your kit? I see your website is still under contruction. I will be ungrading, everything this winter and I am REALLY interested in a plug and play H/E, ie NO CUTTING

Drop me a P/M please

Thanks Brandon

See yeah
Old 10-04-2007, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
installation is pretty simple..

I would say.. don't expect to make any HP, but expect to keep your power all the time.

all the modded C32 should start looking into a bigger IC HE and pair witht he pump.

$350! is a good price!
Old 10-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, Cobra, 700hp Vespa
[QUOTE=MRAMG1;2441074]
Originally Posted by code3smith
I am selling my huge C32 heat exchanger. Since I have designed my own, I have no need for this one anymore. It performed flawlessly, and is the largest you can fit in the C32 bumper. It fits perfect, but does require trimming of the lower engine cover to fit (which is a piece of cake). It is all aluminum, dual pass, tube and fin, and bolts right up to the bumper. This thing is massive measuring 30x8x3.5! Fluid capacity increase is about 50oz. It looks real nice in the bumper, and works incredibly well. Because I got a killer deal on this, I am passing that deal on to you. $350 shipped!!! Prefer PayPal. The unit is off the car, ready to go. If you pay today or tomorrow, it will ship right away. Otherwise, you have to wait until Monday when I come back from vacation. Here are the pictures. Comparison shots with the stock unit. Mounted on the car with, and without, the bumper.

Hey code3smith:

What ever happened to your kit? I see your website is still under contruction. I will be ungrading, everything this winter and I am REALLY interested in a plug and play H/E, ie NO CUTTING

Drop me a P/M please

Thanks Brandon

See yeah
Its here! Just as I promised it as well The unit is awesome. It holds .625 gallons, versus the stock .1797 gallons. In fact, AWDMAN received his yesterday, so perhaps he can comment. JGSX has one in the mail right now. I have one on my car. We pre fabbed all the end tanks and brackets, so once an order comes in, we simply weld everything to the core, and its ready to go. I have everything ready lol. I will be an official MBworld sponsor very shortly. I am going out of town for a wedding this weekend, or I would put up everything. Let me see how stuff goes tonight. Perhaps I can get everything rolling...
Old 10-04-2007, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
[QUOTE=code3smith;2441160]
Originally Posted by MRAMG1

Its here! Just as I promised it as well The unit is awesome. It holds .625 gallons, versus the stock .1797 gallons. In fact, AWDMAN received his yesterday, so perhaps he can comment. JGSX has one in the mail right now. I have one on my car. We pre fabbed all the end tanks and brackets, so once an order comes in, we simply weld everything to the core, and its ready to go. I have everything ready lol. I will be an official MBworld sponsor very shortly. I am going out of town for a wedding this weekend, or I would put up everything. Let me see how stuff goes tonight. Perhaps I can get everything rolling...
Count me in my friend!!!

just send me a P/M for how much and where to send it

Good luck with the wedding, I will be patiently waiting, Oh who am I kiddding, SEND IT PLEASE, I am joansing for a mod

See yeah
Old 10-05-2007, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by code3smith

I got dibs! Tell me where to PayPal you.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E36M3 race car/Ferrari F355 GTS/1973 Mini 1275GT/Fiat Abarth/ML63/SLK55
i'll make this the feedback thread then. the IC arrived in perfect shape. only advice i would give you Brandon is to place some stuffed up newspaper into the corners of the shipping carton to lock the wrapped IC core in place and prevent unit shifting as could happen with the loose foam pellets. you want to keep the core away from the edge of the shipping container just in case it gets dropped.

my installer is very experienced with modding cars and is a racer and ex world challenge competitor. he was impressed with the unit.

my car is in the shop now. the bumper cover will remain off then i take it to fix the damage sustained when i went off at lime rock in early sept. it's not bad there is a chance that i may not do the paintwork commute with the car through the winter , then do the paint work in spring. but, she my baby so i'd like her to look spiffy. you know that goes......

i probably will not be able to fully comment on the HE until i run a track day in summer! but i do expect improvements in the late october lime rock emra event. it will be cool and that will make it difficult to attribute any performance improvement (HE vs low ambient temps). in the odd chance the day turns out to be warm then i will be able to tell.

thanks Brandon, it was a pleasure dealing with you. appreciate the photos and time answering questions etc.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I almost got that unit but Brandon convinced me that his new design is even better although not as big. He mentioned that Bar and Plate designs dissipate heat and hold much more coolant than the Tube and Fin design.

Brandon(Code3Smith),
I still waiting on you to check out my car here in LA to see if your new design fits C55's. Can't wait to see how this new HE coupled with the CM90 will drop my AIT's even further. Believe it or not, Vadim showed me the data logs on my car which showed temps of only 95-98F on multiple WOTs on the dyno.

I think I still want the cooling upgrades since driving in So. Cal for long periods on the Fwys will still get the car pretty hot.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merc power
nice

nice still got one for sale / ?