Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Oil Change At Independent....

Used Mobil 1 OW40..... 9 quarts
Is it critical to reset the Service Wrench in main temperature window (next to tire pressure)? I'm not too concerned about it personally......
Also, in the past when I have tried to check engine oil w car at operating temp and off, says "observe waiting period" then promptly disappears. Since it doesn't say "add 1 quart" does this mean I am good and full of oil?
My dealer recommended oil change every 5000-6000 miles, I'd rather change more often, especially w high performance. Is that what you all do as well?
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by jpohl402
Used Mobil 1 OW40..... 9 quarts
Is it critical to reset the Service Wrench in main temperature window (next to tire pressure)? I'm not too concerned about it personally......
Also, in the past when I have tried to check engine oil w car at operating temp and off, says "observe waiting period" then promptly disappears. Since it doesn't say "add 1 quart" does this mean I am good and full of oil?
My dealer recommended oil change every 5000-6000 miles, I'd rather change more often, especially w high performance. Is that what you all do as well?
Thanks in advance.
isnt the schedules a.b.c.d 10k mi apart? I think mb recommends every 10k

anything under 5k is a waste of money. and don't let a ind change our oil, your playing w/ fire. they have know idea how to look through the computer etc its all foriegn to them.

j/ my $.02