W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD-II performance computer monitoring...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
OBD-II performance computer monitoring...

I am one click away from getting this for my E55, but before I do I wanted to get opinions from the true gear heads on the board...My finger is on the buy button...

http://www.magden-auto.com/products/2

Text on Magden site:

M.1b + Zeitronix Zt-2 Package
This package now makes it easy for those looking to add a wideband lambda among other sensors to their vehicle. Take all the feature and benefits the M.1b Performance Computer offers, combine it with adding the necessary sensors and you have a powerful data aquisition system for an extremely economical price. The integration is simple. The package includes the USB dongle that connects the two items, so you can see the additional gauges on your LCD screen. Datalogging is the same and of course these new gauges are customizable.

This easily allows you to add additional sensors, click here for the connection diagram. Add gauges for turbo or supercharger Boost Pressure, Exhaust Gas Temperature, Wide-Band Lambda (Air Fuel Ratio), Intake Air Temperature, Oil Temperature, Fuel Pressure and more. The Zt-2 can also accept a digital input, such as RPM, Vehicle Speed or Wheel Speed.

It eliminates difficult gauge installations since the sensor wires only have to connect to the Zt-2 and then with one cable, connect it to the M.1b Performance Computer. There is no need for mounting standard gauges on your dash and wiring separate gauges.

The M.1b installation is still the same. Simply connect the OBD-II, video and power cables and see new guages on your LCD screen. If you don't have an LCD screen, look in our Products section for some to choose from.

MSRP: $950.00
Part Number: M1P2-0003

Contents:

M.1b Performance Computer
Zt-2 kit
Magden USB dongle
OBD-II cable
Cigarette Adapter Power Cable
1GB Memory Stick (Loaded with the Owner’s Manual)
Quick Start Guide
Features:
Loaded with 3 gauge layouts; Secants, Datalab and Traditional.
Choose any 5 gauges to view per layout.
10 different skins to choose from.
See various OEM data channels.
Unit of measure choice for selected gauges.
Delivers Gear Position, Dynamic Horsepower and Torque, and real time Fuel Mileage gauges.
Datalogs any 5 gauges at a time.
Replays the data-logged session on the screen.
Exports the session as a .CSV file for viewing on any computer.
Outputs your choice of VGA, S-Video or Composite video to accommodate various LCD screens. A DVI and LVDS video card upgrade is available.
INCLUDES the Additional Sensor Card, which allows 13 analog and 3 digital inputs.
Sensors easily connect with a Magden Harness or you can make your own.
Benefits:
Provides hard data to evaluate performance upgrades.
The M.1 eliminates a cluttered interior with standard gauges.
Provides access to vehicle efficiency and critical functions.
Quick connections and easy installation.
Compact size with expandability.
Minimal power consumption.
Graphics can match most interior color schemes.
Choose data channels to focus on your driving style.
Works with most common LCD video screens.
Specs:
Dimensions: (L) 7” x (W) 7.325” x (H) 2.30” / 177.8mm x 186mm x 58.42mm
Exterior Case: ABS Plastic
Weight: 2.2 lbs
Amperage draw: 1.2 amp peak, .86 amp continouos.
Inputs: DB9M OBD-II, USBx2, Ethernet, DC power plug, DB25 Additional Sensor Input.
Outputs: VGA Female, Composite Video, S-Video. DVI/LVDS card optional.
Cigarette Power Adapter; 6-foot cable, Power LED indicator, DC 2.5 x 5.5 plug with locking collar and 3-amp fuse.
OBD-II cable, 6-foot length, 90 degree, right hand OBD-II connector, DB9F straight connector.
Notes:
M.1+ requires a USB memory stick for data-logging. Any memory size is compatible and will determine the amount of data-logging available.
Works with vehicles equipped with OBD-II (1996 - current). Please check the application page for validated vehicles.
I have a Kenwood double din head unit and the video inputs can be used to put these on it's screen...

Old 04-04-2009, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
accord
I think that is a good OBD-II performance computer monitoring... is all the pictures are the screen could display??

Old 04-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
I have heard the sampling rate on the e55 is very slow, so there may be a time lag. Before purchasing hook the car up to an OBDII scanner with the live data feature and see if you are happy with the sampling rate for the data.