Sponsored by:

unequaled customer service by vendor, not

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 e55
unequaled customer service by vendor, not

i just want to share my recent experience with a vendor, who for the time being shall remain unknown.

i ordered some products back in June of 08. it was a full combo package of X, Y and Z . It was everything i would need to replace stock items on my car .I was assured a build date of July 26th after giving my credit card info. even sent a few PM's to confirm my order. July 26th passes and no contact from vendor. made several calls and spoke to the nice and extremely competent people including one who owns the company. was told many reason why x of my XYZ combo were being delayed due to shortage of parts. said ok, several weeks go buy and after pm's and tele calls im told oh X is going to be delayed due to changing of manufacturers.. but will be done in a few more weeks. now i'm into late August contact vendor again i get new excuse about production problems and availability of material and shortage. more time goes bye, where is my order? What's going on , sent pm and calls about my need for XYZ. that my car is going into the shop for some major upgrades and that im going to start spending a lot of time out of town and even out of the country. couple more weeks and it's now September still no XYZ sent PM again changing the shipping address to that of my tuner directly.... i'm told that XYZ was to be delivered to the address i requested . im not in a rush to get my car done as was going to have surgery that would keep me from driving for a few months so my tuner doesnt open the boxes as the engine work is still being done. but to wait until October for delivery?

this is where it gets funny, in the shipment there is X but no Y and no Z which all 3 are important to work together. in defense of Vendor he actually only charged me for X even though there were numerous communications that i need X, Y and Z and he was shipping X, Y and Z so now we are in November and i cant drive due to surgery. explain my unhappiness about the transaction but give them the chance to make good and send X and Y to me at the tuner's address. told they would be there in the 2nd week of December. they charged my card for Y and Z on December 2. that deadline passes by , then told it Y is now in stock and Y and Z would be delivered to the proper address in a week. well now it's a few days before Xmas and again i have to initiate the contact and this time i'm assured that they would be here before xmas. sent message confirming that they would send it to the correct address. now it's january 5th and no one from the vendors company is returning my messages both tele and electronic. i get a call from a shipping company that they are delivering items to the wrong address in the wrong city. i correct it with the shipper over the phone . i'm pissed but i'm happy to get Y and Z... guess what they only delivered Y.

so im royally pissed a few weeks go buy before someone from the vendor returns my numerous requests to contact me about their new mistake. i'm told oh man i am sorry our secretary must have screwed up. i notify my credit card company and dispute part of the charge for Y . i forgot to mention that i was told in writing that Y and Z would have no shipping charge in November, yet they still charged me for shipping.

i get a reply finally on 1-27 from vendor owner. i explain to him again the debacle. i demand to his employee that they send me Z over night delivery since they have screwed up again. employee tries to bargain with me that they would send Z via 3 or 5 day business. i confirm the address again in writing, he agrees to send them next day delivery , but one catch they don't have item in stock. so another day goes by and they can only get 2 of Z when i need 4 . i guess there is only one dealer in this large metro sunny area? im promised they would go out the next day which was 1-30 . i have requested tracking numbers in the past but were not given any. this time due to new and improved customer service i receive the tracking number. package was shipped on 2-2 and delivered this morning, the 4th of February. According to the tracking information now drum roll....... to the wrong address in the wrong city. funny thing i sent a electronic message to them last week confirming the proper address for delivery.

you can draw your own conclusions of what X, Y and Z are but this is my personal experience with a particular vendor. hopefully this thread isn't closed, doesn't mysteriously disappear or i am banned from the forum. i know the first two have occurred here and the latter has occurred on several other sites some documented in a thread last week that is no longer available. i am also not a current or former employee of this vendor and have no ulterior motive other than to share this unequaled customer service experience. i've purchased from many vendors here and never had anything remotely like this occur. i wasn't going to post but after screwing up a third time i just needed to vent

Last edited by neveo; 02-05-2009 at 01:55 AM. Reason: title change
Old 02-05-2009, 03:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
05 e55
i'm going to take a verrrrry wild guess and say.... 360 forged anyone?
Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
You sir are correct. The price is right, $3.60?

Goodness, these situations keep popping up. I wonder what explanation will be given for the X Y and Z? This story sounds so similar like dejavu and from July 26th.

Personally, I have heard enough.

Last edited by bigben320e; 02-05-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Wow! Good to know, I actually considered purchasing from them a while back...good thing I didn't! I still might be waiting...

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
How long until this thread gets closed or we get a BS public service announcement from Adrian at IB? I got $100.00 that says it's locked down by 5:00pm central time.

MB World, where we urge you to post the truth unless it concerns one of our sponsors LOL
Old 02-05-2009, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
How long until this thread gets closed or we get a BS public service announcement from Adrian at IB? I got $100.00 that says it's locked down by 5:00pm central time.

MB World, where we urge you to post the truth unless it concerns one of our sponsors LOL

Closing this thread would be lame. Is it too much for members to post both positive and negative feedback with Vendors? Maybe if someone would have said something sooner these other members wouldn't have got screwed . I'm sure these aren't the 1st unsatisfied members .
Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by bassn_07

Closing this thread would be lame. Is it too much for members to post both positive and negative feedback with Vendors? Maybe if someone would have said something sooner these other members wouldn't have got screwed . I'm sure these aren't the 1st unsatisfied members .
Apparently not, judging from other complaints. Locking and deleting threads won't resolve the issue.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jordan, let me know when that 430 of yours is getting close to repo'd, I might be interested in buying it...that is unless you are completely upside down on it, which probably is the case.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 AM

06' E55, 10' Harley Davidson F-250 6.4L TT
Well let me just everyone that it took 6 months to get my 360 COR Forged wheels. The only reason I was able to get my wheels was because I picked up the phone and called COR Forged and guess what. They had my wheels and I just had to pay the remaining balance of $2,800.00 to COR and 5 days after I paid I recieved my wheels for COR and not 360. If I would have never called COR I would have never received my wheels.

Another thing, if you look at 360 forged center caps they look exactly like COR Forged caps. So what does that tell you. Same California wheel manufacturer.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:30 AM

06' E55, 10' Harley Davidson F-250 6.4L TT
Jordan, let me know when that 430 of yours is getting close to repo'd, I might be interested in buying it...that is unless you are completely upside down on it, which probably is the case.

+10
Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bassn_07

Agreed. Isn't that the purpose of this forum? I think if the criticism is done in an adult manner, we shouldn't be hamstrung by deletion/locking of threads where other members are trying to protect their fellow MB guys from those who don't have our best interest at heart from a customer service standpoint.

I must say, if someone is charging my credit card and I haven't heard a peep from them in a reasonable time(or knew ahead of time that there was a longer lead time), I'd be calling my credit card company. There are too many companies out there that can give you the products and the customer service that you deserve.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by W219CLS55
Well let me just everyone that it took 6 months to get my 360 COR Forged wheels. The only reason I was able to get my wheels was because I picked up the phone and called COR Forged and guess what. They had my wheels and I just had to pay the remaining balance of $2,800.00 to COR and 5 days after I paid I recieved my wheels for COR and not 360. If I would have never called COR I would have never received my wheels.

Another thing, if you look at 360 forged center caps they look exactly like COR Forged caps. So what does that tell you. Same California wheel manufacturer.
6 months? To top off, you had to call COR...wow.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
maybe ib should start screening vendors since this isn't the only case of customers/members getting song and danced by sponsors.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 717 Likes on 698 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
whoever "pays" becomes a vendor...
why screen the income?

there should be a vendor rating section where customers can write reviews/ratings of a sponsor they used.

filtering out any negative comments about sponsor(s) is just wrong...
maybe a paid member can comments whatever he/she wants?
Old 02-05-2009, 01:25 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
I may want to bid on it too, Jim. I love that color on his 430.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 544 Likes on 361 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Sorry we had to charge you shipping on Z because Jordan was having the face on his watch refinished with conflict diamonds paid for by you, the customer.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OH...IBTL
Old 02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by MJ50
why screen the income?

there should be a vendor rating section where customers can write reviews/ratings of a sponsor they used.

i was just thinking out loud since more than one sponsor has been sub par in recent times. either way, something should be done since members will automatically trust sponsors because of the reputation this site has established.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:27 PM

05 e55
anyone else notice the last thread about 360's world class service has been deleted?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:37 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by harjothundal
anyone else notice the last thread about 360's world class service has been deleted?

yes i just noticed. the name of the thread was even altered.....

sweet
Old 02-05-2009, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by KL22
yes i just noticed. the name of the thread was even altered.....

sweet
And I'm sure that has nothing, at all, to do with IB. Nope. Nothing.

We want this site to make money as much as anyone, but predatory sponsors are only going to push quality members away, not bring them in. When a site accepts someone this underhanded as a sponsor, that person represents the site.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Originally Posted by MJ50
why screen the income?

i think that's a great idea about rating the vendors and having reviews written by customers.

btw, the only reason why last thread was closed was b/c people started personal attacks on Jordan. if we just keep on topic w/o the name calling this thread should stay open.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, Grigio Medio E46 M3
Just dug up this old thread when i made the comment about why 360 F wheels were identical to the Klass forged wheels...

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...cs-inside.html

Also, not only do 360, and COR have the same caps, Modular Concepts does too. They even do the CF overlay. Does COR manufactuer both companys wheels?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:58 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by obsidian05e55
Just dug up this old thread when i made the comment about why 360 F wheels were identical to the Klass forged wheels...

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...cs-inside.html

Also, not only do 360, and COR have the same caps, Modular Concepts does too. They even do the CF overlay. Does COR manufactuer both companys wheels?

Interesting.. thats what its looking like.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm still sticking with my original bet...two more hours and this thread will be history.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: unequaled customer service by vendor, not