***NEW DATE*** Famoso Raceway Private Track Rental - NOW 01/30/2010***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
In the middle of a storm Josh? and yes, it openned yesterday, I sold 6 cars very busy day. As a matter of fact it was the most cars I've ever sold in one day.
Sorry to hear about your car Allan car. All trash talkin and fun went out the window just like that . I would have drove through the night to come out for the game but once I heard your car was down I figured I will work Saturday. I only have 1 sales guy today and he's at the other lot so I would have had to close. Josh was even going to take a stab at running my car but seems he's gone to the other side Well have some fun guys. Oh and not a chance Mikes car would have Be cool and break some PB mike...
Great job!

As far as your comment on Mikes car, yes he could have beaten you and it is likely a much better match up for your car.

As far as me going to the "otherside" I will still be in a MB.

How are you gonna feel when you lose to a 5000 lb sedan?
Old 01-30-2010, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Oh and not a chance Mikes car would have Be cool and break some PB mike...
You ran 11.66 @ 124-125 right

Mike ran 11.39 @ 124 mph in 1000ft DA w/not so gr8 60' 1.7x they're having hard time hooking up w/his car.

Appears you'd lose by a few lengths there speedy

Last edited by Thericker; 01-30-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
i think i need to match up with mike.
i hope u hit a PB today!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
must be bad??? no updayes at all.

Hope everyone had a blast
Old 01-30-2010, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG & RRS S/C
i hope everyone had a blast as well!
inquiting minds do want to know though! hehe
Old 01-30-2010, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Hey guys, Ptoday was a great day and we squeezed a new pb out of mikesamg E55. I ended running a 11.376 @ 124 with a crappy 1.77x 60' time. I'll post more later.... FYI mikes old pb was ran by me at sac which was 11.401 @ 124 in lower da????

Last edited by bassn_07; 01-30-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
WOW!!!
Looks like I missed a GREAT WEATHER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mo whats up man, did you beat yer r e c o r d ?

Sun? Heard you nearly joined the 10 second club?

Mike , dam buddy thats a swift pass indeed.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Sorry guys for the late response, I just got home.....

It was a great day today. The track was hooking very good and was very well prepped (thanks to the dragsters that attended). Some of these dragsters ran 7.60s at 155 mph and others were running 9.50s

Temps were not so good today..... it got a bit too hot at 68 F so we saw DAs of 700 to 1100 ft all day. The air was very cool though and that helped a little.

- I ran a new personal best 60' time and Alan and Amer were able to squeeze a few 12.20 with a possible 12.1x..... I have to check my slips (way to many)

- The GT-R ran outstanding today at 10.84 @ 130 mph on crappy street tires (worse than stocks by the way). Thanks Chris for making it again

- Sun was able to pull an 11.1x @ 125x mph at the hottest point of the day. He was about to make a 10 second pass at the coolest point in the day (5 minutes before we closed down the track), but his stock differential blew..... I'm so sorry Sun, you've been a bit unlucky here at Famoso, but I know you'll be in the 10s next time out. Oh and it's time for Quaife....

- Alan piloted MikesAMG's car to a new personal best of 11.37 @ 124 in over 1000 ft of DA and while having problems with the burnout Alan, you're one heck of a driver man

- Matt's black C6 vette ran 10.26 which is exactly a one second improvement over what he ran last time 11.26

- The trophy..... I think..... should go to Tom The guy ran 11.6 @ 120 mph on street tires with a stage 1 car He knows how to launch almost perfectly everytime on those street tires in the E55.

- The M3s were going at it all day long and I lost count and have no clue who ran what? They ran way too many times.

It was great hanging out with you guys again and watching everyone create new records. Thanks a lot for coming and joining us at Famoso
Old 01-30-2010, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Charger SRT8
Sounds like fun!! I backed out of going to Sac today as the weather forecast said showers. Well it was frickin' sunny and it didn't rain!! DA was about 40 to 70'. I hate when I miss a good day at the track.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Sorry guys for the late response, I just got home.....

It was a great day today. The track was hooking very good and was very well prepped (thanks to the dragsters that attended). Some of these dragsters ran 7.60s at 155 mph and others were running 9.50s

Temps were not so good today..... it got a bit too hot at 68 F so we saw DAs of 700 to 1100 ft all day. The air was very cool though and that helped a little.

- I ran a new personal best 60' time and Alan and Amer were able to squeeze a few 12.20 with a possible 12.1x..... I have to check my slips (way to many)

- The GT-R ran outstanding today at 10.84 @ 130 mph on crappy street tires (worse than stocks by the way). Thanks Chris for making it again

- Sun was able to pull an 11.1x @ 125x mph at the hottest point of the day. He was about to make a 10 second pass at the coolest point in the day (5 minutes before we closed down the track), but his stock differential blew..... I'm so sorry Sun, you've been a bit unlucky here at Famoso, but I know you'll be in the 10s next time out. Oh and it's time for Quaife....

- Alan piloted MikesAMG's car to a new personal best of 11.37 @ 124 in over 1000 ft of DA and while having problems with the burnout Alan, you're one heck of a driver man

- Matt's black C6 vette ran 10.26 which is exactly a one second improvement over what he ran last time 11.26

- The trophy..... I think..... should go to Tom The guy ran 11.6 @ 120 mph on street tires with a stage 1 car He knows how to launch almost perfectly everytime on those street tires in the E55.

- The M3s were going at it all day long and I lost count and have no clue who ran what? They ran way too many times.

It was great hanging out with you guys again and watching everyone create new records. Thanks a lot for coming and joining us at Famoso
Mo: I can't thank you enough for all your hard work in setting up this event. I'm glad I had another shot to go out there and prove myself. Granted I haven't had the best luck out at Famoso, I will be back, with a either a Quaife or euro AMG diff. Then we'll see what I can do!

Alan: Thanks fer makin the trek down here buddy! Always a pleasure hangin out with you and sharing knowledge! I'll be going after you VERY soon!

Mike: Yer car was an absolute beast for the mods it had! We should definitely take care of that burnout issue and get you into the LOW 11's!

HYEVON / HMS crew: Thank you for EVERYTHING. You guys are the best friend's anyone can ask for. It all started with the love of cars but now it's at a different level! Thanks to everyone for helping me out. My car is what it is because of you guys!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Just got home and I'm exhausted.

Mo, thanks man for having one awesome event. I'm so glad things finally worked out in our favor, both great weather and extremely awesome track prep . I'm sure I speak in behalf of everyone when I say this " Thank you for the time and efforts it takes to organize such an successful track event". Great job on your cars new PB, it couldn't have gone to a more deserving person than yourself.

I must say that I'm a bit disappointed that so many people flaked out in the last minute. IMO, everyone that didn't make it and cancelled after the given deadline in the original post should pay up. It's total bs that you need to cover this cost due to their lack of consideration. I know that you mentioned one person did pay and not show...a big thumbs up to you Rick! For everyone else that decided not to show and not pay, ban from the next event...IMO. Once again total BS guys!!!! Quit taking the financial hit Mo because you don't deserve it.

Sun...what can I say except . You truly raced your car like a champ today...your launch, RT, and consistency deserves a big . It sucks about your Differential but ***** happens and you excepted this like a true enthusiast. Once again Sun awesome job and I look forward to lining up with you in the future.

HMS Crew...you guys are a blast to be around! You guys bring so much enthusiasm to the track it's simply amazing. I look forward to seeing you guys very soon. Thanks again Serge for the support last night, it's truly appreciated.

Mike, your car is amazing. Once that whole issue with your right tire gets resolved I see some very low 11's in her. Just think....11.376 with a 1.77 60' time with a one wheel burnout..... I'm just glad that we finally have some actual track numbers to compare both Sacramento and Famoso. It's definitely not off like most think. There is nothing else anyone can say at this point except great job....undeniable. IMO...I actually think Famoso is a quicker track for this time of the year due to the low humidity.

Fantasm, nicely done today and your car is extremely fast. Hopefully one day you'll make it to Sac to give me a run. There's no doubt in my mind that we'll be a very good run. I look forward to running with ya again .

Matt..... Don't know what else to say except great job. I'm so glad all your hardwork paid off today and you will soon be in the 9's, no doubt.

Tom, Tom, Tom....you are a stud. I really enjoyed watching you out 60' me with your street tires . Your consistency is fricken awesome! Once again great job and I can't wait to see what you do with a stage 2.

Let's not forget to thank Jeremy for doing an awesome job on all of our cars. He is a fricken stud...Sun (stage 3) @ 11.17, Mike (stage 2) @ 11.37, and Tom (stage 1) @ 11.6x. It's unfortunate that I can't add my name to that list today but it would have been something else. Next time for sure...haha, I keep on saying that .

Rick, sorry you couldn't make it today but you definitely would've had your hands full with both Sun, Mike, and Tom. They represented the E55's extremely well today with their mods.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:12 AM

A Prius because I'm green
I'm home, exhausted and drained and still drugged up from this cold and I need to be up in four hours for work. Rain check on the Grammy awards speech, I"m out! Awesome job everyone!
Old 01-31-2010, 04:15 AM
Banned

Vehicle
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Just got home and I'm exhausted.

Mo, thanks man for having one awesome event. I'm so glad things finally worked out in our favor, both great weather and extremely awesome track prep . I'm sure I speak in behalf of everyone when I say this " Thank you for the time and efforts it takes to organize such an successful track event". Great job on your cars new PB, it couldn't have gone to a more deserving person than yourself.

I must say that I'm a bit disappointed that so many people flaked out in the last minute. IMO, everyone that didn't make it and cancelled after the given deadline in the original post should pay up. It's total bs that you need to cover this cost due to their lack of consideration. I know that you mentioned one person did pay and not show...a big thumbs up to you Rick! For everyone else that decided not to show and not pay, ban from the next event...IMO. Once again total BS guys!!!! Quit taking the financial hit Mo because you don't deserve it.

Sun...what can I say except . You truly raced your car like a champ today...your launch, RT, and consistency deserves a big . It sucks about your Differential but ***** happens and you excepted this like a true enthusiast. Once again Sun awesome job and I look forward to lining up with you in the future.

HMS Crew...you guys are a blast to be around! You guys bring so much enthusiasm to the track it's simply amazing. I look forward to seeing you guys very soon. Thanks again Serge for the support last night, it's truly appreciated.

Mike, your car is amazing. Once that whole issue with your right tire gets resolved I see some very low 11's in her. Just think....11.376 with a 1.77 60' time with a one wheel burnout..... I'm just glad that we finally have some actual track numbers to compare both Sacramento and Famoso. It's definitely not off like most think. There is nothing else anyone can say at this point except great job....undeniable. IMO...I actually think Famoso is a quicker track for this time of the year due to the low humidity.

Fantasm, nicely done today and your car is extremely fast. Hopefully one day you'll make it to Sac to give me a run. There's no doubt in my mind that we'll be a very good run. I look forward to running with ya again .

Matt..... Don't know what else to say except great job. I'm so glad all your hardwork paid off today and you will soon be in the 9's, no doubt.

Tom, Tom, Tom....you are a stud. I really enjoyed watching you out 60' me with your street tires . Your consistency is fricken awesome! Once again great job and I can't wait to see what you do with a stage 2.

Let's not forget to thank Jeremy for doing an awesome job on all of our cars. He is a fricken stud...Sun (stage 3) @ 11.17, Mike (stage 2) @ 11.37, and Tom (stage 1) @ 11.6x. It's unfortunate that I can't add my name to that list today but it would have been something else. Next time for sure...haha, I keep on saying that .

Rick, sorry you couldn't make it today but you definitely would've had your hands full with both Sun, Mike, and Tom. They represented the E55's extremely well today with their mods.
Just wanted to say for the record I paid a while ago but was not able to make it due to last minute work that just did not pan out.

I have no issue with forfeiting my money for the greater good. I have no desire to make Mo pay out of pocket.

This is the second time now I have paid in advance but was not able to run.

IMO, those that said they would pay but didn't should be banned as then they spread the burdon on everyone else. Not to mention, they take up spots.

I'm coming up to Sac btw, probably next week.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by YKCITS
Just wanted to say for the record I paid a while ago but was not able to make it due to last minute work that just did not pan out.

I have no issue with forfeiting my money for the greater good. I have no desire to make Mo pay out of pocket.

This is the second time now I have paid in advance but was not able to run.

IMO, those that said they would pay but didn't should be banned as then they spread the burdon on everyone else. Not to mention, they take up spots.

I'm coming up to Sac btw, probably next week.
Awesome!!! Is this Joseph? What happened, I thought for sure you would be there. I'm sure you have a good reason because I know how much you love racing.

Sacramento next week??? I think rain is in the forecast but like always things change.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
The people who didn't pay need to be outed publicly so we know exactly who the douches are, unless they pay now since they weren't able to in person.
So they have 24hours to remain un-douched is my vote.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Fantasm
The people who didn't pay need to be outed publicly so we know exactly who the douches are, unless they pay now since they weren't able to in person.
So they have 24hours to remain un-douched is my vote.
+1,000,000 it's total bs and those who don't dibby up what is owed should permanently be banned from Mo's events. Plain and simple, don't commit if you can't make it. Mo gives you one full day prior to the event to back out, which IMO is too short of notice to fill the empty spots. Pay up people and do the right thing other wise don't participate in these events.

As Mo knows, I couldn't bring my car and if I couldn't find a replacement I would forfeit my payment. Maybe Mo could post up a list of participants in a couple of days or give me permission to post up the flakes. You guys do realize Mo needs to fully come out of pocket for this crap...right. He doesn't deserve the bs you guys are handing him.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Thanks guys for your support. I really appreciate that some of you realize the situation I got put in. I have sent an e-mail to the ones that have not paid and would like to give them a couple of days to do the right thing first. For the record, Rick and Joseph did not show up and have not asked for a refund.... you guys are very stand up guys and are always welcomed I'm sorry you couldn't make it and hopefully I'll see you next time.

Now, lets focus on the next event..... Since Famoso will be either too hot or too busy until November, did somebody say Sacramento?
Old 01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
Banned

Vehicle
Awesome!!! Is this Joseph? What happened, I thought for sure you would be there. I'm sure you have a good reason because I know how much you love racing.

Sacramento next week??? I think rain is in the forecast but like always things change.
Just a lot of custom work that barely missed the deadline. They worked through the night, etc, etc.

If not next week then the week after, I'm coming up no mater what when the weather clears.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Since I (literally) colonized Alan's hand-held weather station all day (as well as a couple of others), let me give a break-down of the DA yesterday at Famoso:

10:00 am --> 700 to 750 ft with 60% humidity and 55 F temp
11:00 am --> 800 to 850 ft with 50% humidity and 58 F temp
12:00 pm --> 900 to 1050 ft with 45% humidity and 60 F temp
01:00 pm --> 950 to 1050 ft with 40% humidity and 62 F temp
02:00 pm --> 1050 to 1100 ft with 38% humidity and 64 F temp
03:00 pm --> 900 to 950 ft with 36% humidity and 68 F temp
04:00 pm --> 800 to 850 ft with 40% humidity and 64 F temp
05:00 pm --> 750 to 800 ft with 45% humidity and 58 F temp

As you can see, at Famoso, temps and DA drop very rapidly after 4:00 pm. That's why I usually like night sessions more than morning sessions
Old 01-31-2010, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Thanks guys for your support. I really appreciate that some of you realize the situation I got put in. I have sent an e-mail to the ones that have not paid and would like to give them a couple of days to do the right thing first. For the record, Rick and Joseph did not show up and have not asked for a refund.... you guys are very stand up guys and are always welcomed I'm sorry you couldn't make it and hopefully I'll see you next time.

Now, lets focus on the next event..... Since Famoso will be either too hot or too busy until November, did somebody say Sacramento?
Sacramento??? Did someone say Sacramento, lets do it. Since all the haters have to shut their mouth now about the whole Sac vs every where else thing. I'm just waiting to hear what others have to say now....

Thanks again Mike for letting me prove your car out at Famoso. This turn of events has truly made me happy along with many others. So many people called bs on our times at Sac but now all they need to do is keep quiet and watch us go faster and quicker. They all know who they are and they could just keep on hating :r olf:...is that enough laughter.

BTW...I'll give full disclosure even though I don't feel it's necessary. The only thing different we ran on Mike's car was my skinny's. With that said I would be calling to it a wash since Famoso's DA was about a 1000 higher than Sac. Our 60' times were slower at Famoso due to Mikes cars problem progressively getting worse. Bottom line, we ran quicker and nearly as fast and his best time of 11.376 @ 123.98 was backed up by 11.399 @ 123.88.

When were you thinking Mo? It needs to be soon otherwise the warmer weather will be coming.

Last edited by bassn_07; 01-31-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I'll be 1st to eat crow!!!

Sacramento??? Did someone say Sacramento, lets do it. Since all the haters have to shut their mouth now about the whole Sac vs every where else thing. I'm just waiting to hear what others have to say now....

Thanks again Mike for letting me prove your car out at Famoso. This turn of events has truly made me happy along with many others. So many people called bs on our times at Sac but now all they need to do is keep quiet and watch us go faster and quicker. They all know who they are and they could just keep on hating :r olf:...is that enough laughter.

BTW...I'll give full disclosure even though I don't feel it's necessary. The only thing different we ran on Mike's car was my skinny's. With that said I would be calling to it a wash since Famoso's DA was about a 1000 higher than Sac. Our 60' times were slower at Famoso due to Mikes cars problem progressively getting worse. Bottom line, we ran quicker and nearly as fast and his best time of 11.376 @ 123.98 was backed up by 11.399 @ 123.88.

When were you thinking Mo? It needs to be soon otherwise the warmer weather will be coming.
Maybe have Bobby Flay or Emeril Lagasse fry it up for me 1st Def appears your ET's & Traps are indeed Valid vs Sacramento Raceway
Old 01-31-2010, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
sac

should be right after I break in my car ...
Old 01-31-2010, 08:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C63s
Any pics ?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 E63S, 2018 E63S

I love this and the fact of how Mike's car ran. This validates all three of our runs. His traps were down but his 60' was better so it makes sense.

Originally Posted by Thericker
Maybe have Bobby Flay or Emeril Lagasse fry it up for me 1st Def appears your ET's & Traps are indeed Valid vs Sacramento Raceway
Yes sir! Just wait until I run 11.6x
Old 01-31-2010, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I love this and the fact of how Mike's car ran. This validates all three of our runs. His traps were down but his 60' was better so it makes sense.

Yes sir! Just wait until I run 11.6x
Famoso is my new home track I'll be their in Feb

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***NEW DATE*** Famoso Raceway Private Track Rental - NOW 01/30/2010***