W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only one that didnt get my forgestars yet?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
Am I the only one that didnt get my forgestars yet?

I got in on the group buy in late january. I ordered the 18" f14 in gunmetal. I have yet to get them still, and Godfather said he spoke with them yesterday and they said another 3 weeks.

Am I the only one that thinks this is up surd? Am I the last one to get them in the groupbuy?

For the record, this isnt against Godfather, hes communicated throughout this process, this is a complaint about forgestar's over promise-under deliver demeanor.

I dont even want them anymore, so as soon as I get them, they will be for sale.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Sorry to hear that brotha, but, I GOT DIBS!!
Old 04-22-2010, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Damn sorry to hear that man!

They woulda looked sick on your ride too

Any plans for something different?
Old 04-23-2010, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A4, M3, 996, E55
Originally Posted by AWOL
Am I the only one that thinks this is up surd? Am I the last one to get them in the groupbuy?
No...and NO.

I ordered F10's in Jan. Had a whole conversation with Mike on the phone about my past bad experiences with delays from iForge (parent company) and he assured me there would be no problems meeting the 4-6 week deadline so I took the plunge.

First my order was misplaced, then no blanks for F10's. Last I heard they weren't even going to have the parts to make more until late April (now-ish). Haven't had any updated communication in over 3 weeks now.

For the record, I appreciate what Mike does for this community and feel he was put in a bad place. I almost blame myslef for giving iForge the benefit of the doubt that maybe they could make 1 piece wheel without f'ing it up with huge delays.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
E55 w/ goods, Z32 Project underway
Scratch that company off of my list, I also read of finish issues with their wheels. My search continues, thanks for the input.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
It seems like forgestars has issues with supplying them to dealers IAW with other forums. On those other forums people initially weren't informed of the hub centric rings and different bolts required. Since then they updated the threads to mention that.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:15 PM

Current: 2004 E55 Sold:350zTT
I got mine after 6-7 weeks, not efficient in my opinion. Sold my forgestars after being mounted for a few weeks, probably going to try some JDM setup. (Volk or Work)
Old 04-23-2010, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Sorry to hear about your problem man.... Don't companies know that when stuff like this is published, it hurts them drastically?

Did you pay by credit card? If yes, you can dispute the charge and the credit card company will instantly refund you the money and collect it later from forgestars.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 04-23-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
I paid half credit, half debit. I received a PM from another member saying he was in the same boat, and got a full refund after contacting forgestar - which i did, and now they are saying to go through Godfather - which i tried previously and he wouldnt refund the full amount.

So, this sucks, and I wish I never even went through this at this point.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I paid half credit, half debit. I received a PM from another member saying he was in the same boat, and got a full refund after contacting forgestar - which i did, and now they are saying to go through Godfather - which i tried previously and he wouldnt refund the full amount.

So, this sucks, and I wish I never even went through this at this point.
File the dispute through your credit card company immediately. You can still dispute the debit by the way, but it is a bit of a hassle. I've done it before a couple of times. Feel free to PM me if you need help, but your bank will likely have the forms available as well.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 04-23-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e55
Im trying to contact the member who pm'd me on the steps he took to get his money back. I dont want to file a claim yet, but rather in good faith get a refund so i can leave this transaction without an even bitter taste in my mouth.

Hopefully forgestar/Godfather will pull through, but I will file if need be.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK-63 BLACK/2014 E63S/2013 ML350
I orderd mine from the Godfather way before the group buy and I waited 18 weeks for mine to come in from Forgestar which is crazy in my book, when they finally got here the Piano Black finish on the front wheels was slightly different to the finsh on the back wheels but not enough to worry about sending them back and wait another 16 weeks I cant even tell the difference now that they are on the car, I was pissed that I had to use hub centric rings on a so called custom wheel but I guess got over it.

Now here is where I will be fair to Forgestar, they are what they are they are, cheap wheels, $1400 dollars for set of great looking wheels is a no brainer for me, although I cant afford HRE's or some of those newsy yummy ADV wheels I dont think I would get them even if I could, the roads we have here in Houston are just really bad and I would be having a heart attack every time I drove anywhere, they are very light and while I was having mine mounted and balanced they were doing a set of HRE M40's at the same time, beleive it or not the Forgestars used less weight then the HRE's did to balance them out. All in all im pretty happy with mine but I'm dreading what will happen if I ever need to replace a wheel.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Let me address a few key issues here once and for all.

First, very few customers have had extensive delays in wheel build that weren’t anticipated. This can happen for many reasons. When I’m contacted about wheels and asked when they will be ready, I contact Forgestar and they give me an estimate based on the availability of parts. By the time they give me that estimate, and until I give you an answer, you give me the order, and I place it with Forgestar, it can all change. Normally, it doesn’t, but in some rare unfortunate instances when parts are limited due to high demand, someone else, meaning an order from another dealer, may have snatched those parts and have them allocated for that order, thus resulting in a delay. This is however the exception to the rule and has only happened a couple of times. That’s why wheels get delayed. Not because Forgestar is sitting there doing nothing.

Next, regarding refunds: ONE Autosport’s order contract clearly states that once an order has been placed, one can only recoup 50% of the total order amount. Once wheel build has started, you cannot get anything back. Furthermore, wheel build leadtime is only an estimate and NOT a guarantee. You can view the order form here: www.oneautosport.com/orderform/of.doc

So there should not be any surprises there. I keep everything up front and clear to the customer.

The terms and conditions of this form as the same as any other custom wheel manufacturers and are meant to protect dealers and manufacturers from customers who change their minds at the tip of the hat. That is solely due to the custom nature of the wheels. If you want a black wheel in 19x10, that’s what will get done for your car and only yours. The parts have to be ordered, the wheels have to be built, all per your specifications, and solely for you. If you cancel half way, everyone gets penalized, the manufacturer and the dealer. It’s the same concept as you would if you ordered a custom tailored suit, a custom interior job at Brabus, a custom desk to fit your office space etc. The terms and conditions are CLEARLY stated so that there are no surprises for anyone.

So, in filing a, then fraudulent, credit card claim, you’re breaking the terms and conditions which you have signed. The copy of one’s driver’s license is further proof that they are the one who signed for it. I don't mean to sound rude, but if you go buy a computer at Best Buy, and try to return it after you opened it and you get charged a 10% restocking fee, are you gonna go file a claim with your credit card? Or if you try to return the computer after the allowed time period?

Forgestar, nor I, are in to take your money and make you wait an eternity. I want to take your orders and have them expedited so you can enjoy some nice wheels. And while some may argue as to what constitutes a reasonable amount of time as to the wheels build leadtime, the fact is, these are custom wheels and don’t get done overnight. Some will say “Well HRE can get them done in 4 weeks, why can’t you?” To answer this, I’m sure Forgestar would gladly make your wheels in 4 weeks if you paid $6K for them as well. Sounds snotty, but it isn’t, it’s the simple business truth.

If these were one size fit all off the shelf wheels like a set of OZ's off of Tire Rack, there is absolutely no double you would get them overnight. But they aren't.

But I do understand that people’s issue is with extensive delays, but the fact is, Forgestar wheels are a bargain for what they are, and as such, as VERY popular. Forgestar is working constantly to ensure necessary parts are readily available for orders, and while it may not seem that way, they have greatly improved their turnaround time.

As for people not happy with the use of hubcentric rings, it simply has to do with cost efficiency. Forgestar would not be able to offer this low price, if it didn’t have a universal center hub. Without going into it too technically, it streamlines the build process and that’s that. There are no issues with using hubcentric rings and people have been doing so for years on many forged wheel lines.

So to recapitulate, as signed in the contract, one cannot get more than 50% of the amount back one order has been placed.

I would like to also point out that in the dozens of customers I’ve had, I’ve only had to do one refund, which I did not have to, but did anyway. Please, do not use this example as the standard, as it was the exception, which I cannot again make.

If I had all of the happy customers post up about their experiences, you’d see that these unfortunate exceptions that show up on this board and others, are just that: unfortunate exceptions. It sucks, but it happens as with any other wheels manufacturers and businesses.

I strive to do what I can to satisfy customers, but there are sometimes things that I cannot do, such as giving a full refund.

As for you AWOL, your wheel parts came in yesterday or today, I forgot which. The 3 week figure you were given was to give a bit of cushion just in case. They should get done by next week. You have waited this long, and I hate to just say again “please be patient,” but this is the final stretch, and you will soon have them. Despite the extensive wait, I’m certain you will be pleased with how they turned out.

So that's that people. Please, don't take it out on me, or Forgestar. We both try our best.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Im trying to contact the member who pm'd me on the steps he took to get his money back. I dont want to file a claim yet, but rather in good faith get a refund so i can leave this transaction without an even bitter taste in my mouth.

Hopefully forgestar/Godfather will pull through, but I will file if need be.
+1 to what MB_Forever mentioned. Not having the product in hand should make your dispute that much easier. You are only given a certain amount of time to file your dispute so I recommend you do it quickly if this is the route you decide to take.

Good luck and it's a shame it needs to go this far. I hate the idea that companies think deadlines don't mean much, just hate it.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
50% Refund for a wheel that is such a hot item you cant keep in stock? So you give them back half the money and resell the product to the next person in line and make 50% more profit? I could see if these wheels were engraved with their names, but I have really hard time believing you are taking a loss if you had to keep these wheels. I work in C/S all day and our customers would have our asses if we pulled a stunt like that. It wouldn't even be a thought that crossed my mind even if it was a write-off. The only time we don't offer refunds indefinitely is if there is no way for something to be returned or resold and we did not make any mistakes like extensive delays from what was originally promised and this is not the case as the customer never even received the product. If there is any reason that something will be delayed you quote the possible delay time upfront. Good luck to everyone those wheels look great and were the ones I was actually looking for :\
Old 04-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by JonMBZ
50% Refund for a wheel that is such a hot item you cant keep in stock? So you give them back half the money and resell the product to the next person in line and make 50% more profit? I could see if these wheels were engraved with their names, but I have really hard time believing you are taking a loss if you had to keep these wheels. I work in C/S all day and our customers would have our asses if we pulled a stunt like that. It wouldn't even be a thought that crossed my mind even if it was a write-off. The only time we don't offer refunds indefinitely is if there is no way for something to be returned or resold and we did not make any mistakes like extensive delays from what was originally promised and this is not the case as the customer never even received the product. If there is any reason that something will be delayed you quote the possible delay time upfront. Good luck to everyone those wheels look great and were the ones I was actually looking for :\
Remember what I said: wheel build leadtime is merely an estimate NOT a guarantee. If it were, it would make sense to give the money back.

And as for the 50% deal, the reason behind is because that's what I'm subjected to: I place the order w/ Forgestar, I get automatically charged a non refundable 50% of the wheels' cost. So if someone then wants to suddenly get a refund, I would lose out on my 50%.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bassn_07
+1 to what MB_Forever mentioned. Not having the product in hand should make your dispute that much easier. You are only given a certain amount of time to file your dispute so I recommend you do it quickly if this is the route you decide to take.

Good luck and it's a shame it needs to go this far. I hate the idea that companies think deadlines don't mean much, just hate it.
Not having the product in hand? Are you saying Forgestar not having the product? It doesn't matter if they have the parts or not, that's part of the manufacturing process. If you buy a TV and Sony runs out of microchips and it delays delivery, you can't say they didn't have the product in hand. That doesn't make any sense.

The simple bottom line is this: You know what you're in for when you order the wheels, period. As I said, no hidden clauses, no lies, no nothing. It's all out there. Some finishes and sizes are more popular than others, thus why some take longer. I took orders for F05's which are less popular and in a week or two they're shipped out.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
I don't mean to be argumentative, so the following comments are solely my opinion:

- If a customer is promised a wheel in a certain time frame, as a company, I should make sure that the product will be available around that time frame (give or take 2 weeks at most). It would probably also be beneficial to alert the customer that in some "very rare" circumstances, the delay maybe much longer. If many of these incidents occur, then a new (more realistic) time frame should be developed - preferrably, one that is based on average time of similar out-going over the past year.

- If a "rare" situation or exception occurs, then (at least) offer the customer some compensation or his/her frustration will grow and lead to hatred of company and/or product. A company's reputation, especially in this type of business, can either make it or break it.

- As mentioned earlier, 50% re-stocking fee is a bit extreme especially for a very good and in-demand item. I understand a re-stocking fee should exist, but definitely not that high

- I have ordered a $5,000 custom computer from Dell in the past and they promised me it would ship on a certain date. When that date passed and they kept tossing me around the world on the phone, I called the credit card company and got every cent they charged back. Dell had shipped the computer a day after I filed my dispute and at the time I did not want it anymore due to my frustration, so they ended up eating the whole price of the computer + two-way shipping. I've also ordered two big-screen TVs in the past where shipping was delayed severly and guess what? A full refund was issued. Paying by credit card is the ultimate protection in today's wild market. They offer consumer protection not only against fradulent charges, but problems like these.

I wish both the buyer and seller a healthy resolution
Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
I don't mean to be argumentative, so the following comments are solely my opinion:

- If a customer is promised a wheel in a certain time frame, as a company, I should make sure that the product will be available around that time frame (give or take 2 weeks at most). It would probably also be beneficial to alert the customer that in some "very rare" circumstances, the delay maybe much longer. If many of these incidents occur, then a new (more realistic) time frame should be developed - preferrably, one that is based on average time of similar out-going over the past year.

I've always kept the buyer apprised of the time frame as I learned of it. My only fault I suppose is that I didn't seek to get time frame update without being prompted to do so by the customer

- If a "rare" situation or exception occurs, then (at least) offer the customer some compensation or his/her frustration will grow and lead to hatred of company and/or product. A company's reputation, especially in this type of business, can either make it or break it.

I agree, but the profit margin being so slim as it is, it'd be like giving the wheels away.

- As mentioned earlier, 50% re-stocking fee is a bit extreme especially for a very good and in-demand item. I understand a re-stocking fee should exist, but definitely not that high

It's not a restocking fee. It's a CUSTOM order. Meaning SPECIFIC parts are required to make a wheels for a SPECIFIC car, fitting a SPECIFIC order. It's not an off the shelf item. I'd agree if it were something that could fit across a wide range of vehicles, but it's not.

- I have ordered a $5,000 custom computer from Dell in the past and they promised me it would ship on a certain date. When that date passed and they kept tossing me around the world on the phone, I called the credit card company and got every cent they charged back. Dell had shipped the computer a day after I filed my dispute and at the time I did not want it anymore due to my frustration, so they ended up eating the whole price of the computer + two-way shipping. I've also ordered two big-screen TVs in the past where shipping was delayed severly and guess what? A full refund was issued. Paying by credit card is the ultimate protection in today's wild market. They offer consumer protection not only against fradulent charges, but problems like these.

Dell and I are on two different levels. When you order wheels from me, I place the order, I put down 50% of the cost. If you cancel, guess what, I eat the 50%. Remember the part about the slim profit margin? So yes, I eat a BIG 50% of it. Furthermore, I'm subjected to the same terms and conditions. Why don't I call my bank and cancel the order with Forgestar then? Do you follow me?

I've had customers wait a week, others wait 4 months to get wheels. Different orders, different circumstances. Stuff happens. Basic bottom line is this: I'm at the mercy of my suppliers. So while you think it's getting back at the "big company," it's not, and instead it's putting me out of business.

No one that has done business with me can say that I have done them wrong. I'm proud to be able to say that. So please, if you have a little bit of faith, take a step or two back and reassess the situation.

AWOL, this you're the one who brought this up on the forums, as I have said, your wheels are well under build and will soon be at your door.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by Godfather@ONE Autosport

I've always kept the buyer apprised of the time frame as I learned of it. My only fault I suppose is that I didn't seek to get time frame update without being prompted to do so by the customer

I agree, but the profit margin being so slim as it is, it'd be like giving the wheels away.

It's not a restocking fee. It's a CUSTOM order. Meaning SPECIFIC parts are required to make a wheels for a SPECIFIC car, fitting a SPECIFIC order. It's not an off the shelf item. I'd agree if it were something that could fit across a wide range of vehicles, but it's not.

Dell and I are on two different levels. When you order wheels from me, I place the order, I put down 50% of the cost. If you cancel, guess what, I eat the 50%. Remember the part about the slim profit margin? So yes, I eat a BIG 50% of it. Furthermore, I'm subjected to the same terms and conditions. Why don't I call my bank and cancel the order with Forgestar then? Do you follow me?

I've had customers wait a week, others wait 4 months to get wheels. Different orders, different circumstances. Stuff happens. Basic bottom line is this: I'm at the mercy of my suppliers. So while you think it's getting back at the "big company," it's not, and instead it's putting me out of business.

No one that has done business with me can say that I have done them wrong. I'm proud to be able to say that. So please, if you have a little bit of faith, take a step or two back and reassess the situation.

AWOL, this you're the one who brought this up on the forums, as I have said, your wheels are well under build and will soon be at your door.
Sorry, I wasn't directing this specifically at you.... I thought most of the dealings were with Forgestar directly and you were only the end-point reseller. You are a well-respected member here on the forum and everything I've heard and read about you has been positive.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Sorry, I wasn't directing this specifically at you.... I thought most of the dealings were with Forgestar directly and you were only the end-point reseller. You are a well-respected member here on the forum and everything I've heard and read about you has been positive.
No worries Mo, I'm a Forgestar dealer, so people order the wheels through me, but part of the order process is as outlined in my prior posts, which then ties my hands and prevents me from giving people refunds.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
First of all this is not directed at the godfather but

1) forgestar needs to step up to the plate or they'll wind up like 360
2) a custom wheel does not require hubcentric rings or special bolts - that would be semi custom IMHO or similar
3) forgestar also needs to improve there CS and inventory control. Its ridiculous to claim X weeks and then all of a sudden a multiplication factor is thrown into the mix (ref 1) above)

$0.02
Old 04-23-2010, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
I know you are saying they are custom, but I still don't believe you couldn't find anyone else to buy them. Given the right price anything is able to be sold. I deal with people all day that love to complain, the same MB clients that you deal with, the only difference is if I am 6 days late on something the customers are on the line with management. Him waiting five months is crazy IMO and I am first to side with a merchant over a customer because I know the business and how unreasonable people can be. I think everyone here is being quite reasonable. Given enough communication with the client would have most likely avoided this whole situation and when doing business on a public forum you should know the consequences of these types of delays. I would just keep in mind that anyone can reverse charges easily by calling their card issuer and once it gets to that point you have a lot of bad PR and money out of pocket. It's always best to come to a resolution before such measures are taken by the customer.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
First of all this is not directed at the godfather but

1) forgestar needs to step up to the plate or they'll wind up like 360
2) a custom wheel does not require hubcentric rings or special bolts - that would be semi custom IMHO or similar
3) forgestar also needs to improve there CS and inventory control. Its ridiculous to claim X weeks and then all of a sudden a multiplication factor is thrown into the mix (ref 1) above)

$0.02
1) In Forgestar's defense, they are NOWHERE NEAR like 360. As a matter of a fact, they have always been on top of their game when it comes to delivery time, it just happened that a couple of people's order took a bit longer than anticipated.

2) There are no special bolts required. It's just like any other wheels, tapered seats aka cone seats lugs, instead of stock ball seats. Nothing out of ordinary there. That's how my HRE's were, my Work VS-XX, my Monarchs etc.

As for the hubcentric situation, that's because to keep the cost low, the wheel parts, the non drilled, non cut wheels, could end up on a G35, Lexus, or E55, so having a universal centerbore allows for multiple fitment. Otherwise, instead of having one 19x10 piano black wheel that could end up on any car, they would have to have the same 19x10 piano black wheel in 66.6 centerbore for MB, then the centerbore for Nissan, then for Lexus etc, thus increasing costs for everyone and not being able to give a sweet deal for people.

3) As explained, the issues are exception to the rule, unlike 360 and other failed companies where it was the norm.

The only reason I'm backing Forgestar up is because they have been nothing but top notch with me and plenty of other vendors and customers, and I think they are not deserving of this unnecessary bashing (or complaints, call it what you will).
Old 04-23-2010, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Godfather@ONE Autosport
Not having the product in hand? Are you saying Forgestar not having the product? It doesn't matter if they have the parts or not, that's part of the manufacturing process. If you buy a TV and Sony runs out of microchips and it delays delivery, you can't say they didn't have the product in hand. That doesn't make any sense.

The simple bottom line is this: You know what you're in for when you order the wheels, period. As I said, no hidden clauses, no lies, no nothing. It's all out there. Some finishes and sizes are more popular than others, thus why some take longer. I took orders for F05's which are less popular and in a week or two they're shipped out.
My bad, I actually meant the OP not having the product in hand will make it easier to dispute the charges if he wishes. Does that make sense? Something similar just happened to me and I feel for the OP.

The simple bottom line to me is the OP could do whatever he wishes. Not trying to be a jerk but to me it's absurd to think it's okay to take someones money and then be strung along. I know it's not your fault but you excepted his money and now he wishes to back out of the deal due to empty promises. Regardless of what your policy is customer service should be of highest regards. Just my $.02.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one that didnt get my forgestars yet?