BBI Autosport E63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Alpina B7, 2010 BMW X5M, 2009 Nissan GTR
BBI Autosport E63 AMG

Hi guys,

I would like to introduce myself on MBWorld with some pics and info on my new 2010 E63 AMG. I am a longtime BMW, Porsche, and Nissan GTR owner, this is my first Benz. After just selling my E60 M5, this was a big reach for me to go to a Merc, but I have to say that it is one awesome high performance sedan. I find myself enjoying it more and more each day. I love to mod my cars to no end, and this one will be no exception. She's only a week old and we have already started with a few cosmetic upgrades as well as a pretty solid dyno tune. A carbon intake, headers, and full exhaust are soon to come, along with some nice wheels and suspension as well. All the work was done at BBI Autosport in Huntington Beach, CA.

As you can see, the dyno tune proved to be pretty impressive for an engine that is pretty much maxed out from the factory. We gained 20rwhp on a Dyno Dynamics.

More pics and dyno results soon to come after the next round of mods are installed! Hope you guys like it

Cheers,

Matt
Attached Thumbnails BBI Autosport E63 AMG-e63amg5.jpg   BBI Autosport E63 AMG-e63amg4.jpg   BBI Autosport E63 AMG-e63amg2.jpg   BBI Autosport E63 AMG-e63amg1.jpg   BBI Autosport E63 AMG-e63amg7.jpg  

BBI Autosport E63 AMG-e63amg8.jpg  
Old 03-11-2010, 08:28 PM

09 c63 blk/blk H&R Springs & 08 e 63 blk/blk
Welcome. Amazing car. Do you also own an x5m? I think I may have followed the thread on bimmerpost. I was lookin into an x5m a little bit ago.

Those numbers look good, but they were made post tune, no? How was it before the tune? Im getting really tempted to go for a w212 amg.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by g.smiley
Welcome. Amazing car. Do you also own an x5m? I think I may have followed the thread on bimmerpost. I was lookin into an x5m a little bit ago.

Those numbers look good, but they were made post tune, no? How was it before the tune? Im getting really tempted to go for a w212 amg.
Yes, I have a white X5M that got a lot of traffic on bimmerpost. You should get one, it is the best SUV on the planet unless you need to tow with it (cause it cant lol)

The E63 made 525rwhp stock, 545rwhp with the tune. I posted both graphs.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
White E63s are sexy!
Can you show more photos of the back? I'm thinking of blacking out the car and would like to see more of your tinted tails.

A small advice, get clear or painted markers asap
Old 03-11-2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by RW C55
White E63s are sexy!
Can you show more photos of the back? I'm thinking of blacking out the car and would like to see more of your tinted tails.

Congrats and welcome!

I agree about changing the front side markers, but I have a queston for RW C55....Did you install the side markers yourself? If so, what's the trick? I ordered a pair and just received them, but do not see an easy way to install them. Is this a task for a shop to do?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:34 PM

09 c63 blk/blk H&R Springs & 08 e 63 blk/blk
Originally Posted by racer m
Yes, I have a white X5M that got a lot of traffic on bimmerpost. You should get one, it is the best SUV on the planet unless you need to tow with it (cause it cant lol)

The E63 made 525rwhp stock, 545rwhp with the tune. I posted both graphs.
Believe me, I test drove the x5m, and I was this close to pulling
the trigger > < Yours looks amazing. I had an M5 a while back, and after the test drive I felt it was equal with it...even in the handling department!!!

White sidemarkers and your good to go in my book
Old 03-11-2010, 11:28 PM

White E63s are sexy!

I always clear or paint my amber side markers, but unfortunately on this car you have to remove the entire bumper to get the markers out. Because I bought the car from a dealership that thought it would be a good idea to drill 4 holes in my front bumper to mount the license plate bracket on the car, I am going to have my body shop completely remove the side markers, fill the drill holes and repaint the bumper. This process takes 3-4 days, and I just haven't wanted to part with the car for that long just yet. I'm planning to order the intake and headers next week, so we will take care of the bumper then.

-Matt
Attached Thumbnails BBI Autosport E63 AMG-e63amg1.jpg   BBI Autosport E63 AMG-e63amg2.jpg  
Old 03-11-2010, 11:48 PM

12 E63 matte white
Congrats on the new toy! Strong numbers on DD. Where did you have it Dynoed?
Got my baseline dyno on Dynojet and it was 455. These engines are strong!
My C63 with singh tune, K2 shortie,charcoal filter remove,bmc,and 2nd cat delete
put out 465 on same Dynojet.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by FlyC63
Congrats on the new toy! Strong numbers on DD. Where did you have it Dynoed?
Got my baseline dyno on Dynojet and it was 455. These engines are strong!
My C63 with singh tune, K2 shortie,charcoal filter remove,bmc,and 2nd cat delete
put out 465 on same Dynojet.
yes the C63 motors only allow the throttles to open 90% compared to 100% on the E63, so once that tuning is solved the C63 will pickup huge gains compared to the E63. nonetheless, an additional 20whp from just a tune on the E63 motor is pretty decent. BBI Autosport in Huntington Beach, CA did the dyno work, they have a dyno within walking distance from their shop that they use.

Last edited by racer m; 03-12-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
Originally Posted by E63AMG
Congrats and welcome!

I agree about changing the front side markers, but I have a queston for RW C55....Did you install the side markers yourself? If so, what's the trick? I ordered a pair and just received them, but do not see an easy way to install them. Is this a task for a shop to do?
Hey, its really tricky to change the side marker. I'd love to go out and take some photos for a DIY, but it was really a pain-in-the-*** job to do and I dont think I wanna repeat it again. Here's a good thread that might help though:
Need advice! Clear or Smoked ? Sidemarkers
Basically here is what you need to do:
First, you need to remove the pins securing the front splash guard to take it off, but if you dont mind squeazing your hand and arm a little bit you can just take off the pin closest to the top, and open the the splash guard from the top of the guard. You need to get your hands in and twist the bulb out before taking off the marker. Look at you're aftermarket one to figure out which way to turn. Then once its off you'll see the black bracket as in picture in the linked thread. To put things back you need to put in the bracket first with the front sticking out of the bumper and hook it with your marker (you probably have to hold the bracket with your hand inside the bumper)Then you press them hard to get them cliped onto each other, and twist the bulb back in. I'll be hard for the first time trying it (at least for me) but once you get it the second one will be a lot easier.

Last edited by RW C55; 03-12-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
fantastic color combination, white with pano roof and 19 in rims.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:47 PM

E CLASS
SEXY
Old 03-13-2010, 05:36 PM

W212
Welcome and Hello to a Fellow W212 E63 Owner...White is the best..
Old 09-09-2010, 09:26 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
yes the C63 motors only allow the throttles to open 90% compared to 100% on the E63, so once that tuning is solved the C63 will pickup huge gains compared to the E63. nonetheless, an additional 20whp from just a tune on the E63 motor is pretty decent. BBI Autosport in Huntington Beach, CA did the dyno work, they have a dyno within walking distance from their shop that they use.
FYI, the C63 only opens to about 58-60% and the other cars only open to ~78% max (nowhere close to 100%). We have been chasing this for 3 years now lol! Silly mercedes!

thanks
brad
Old 09-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Hi guys,

I would like to introduce myself on MBWorld with some pics and info on my new 2010 E63 AMG.

Cheers,

Matt

Complaint thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
? Explain the ownage
Old 09-10-2010, 02:14 PM

W212 E63
Hey, its really tricky to change the side marker. I'd love to go out and take some photos for a DIY, but it was really a pain-in-the-*** job to do and I dont think I wanna repeat it again. Here's a good thread that might help though:
Need advice! Clear or Smoked ? Sidemarkers
Basically here is what you need to do:
First, you need to remove the pins securing the front splash guard to take it off, but if you dont mind squeazing your hand and arm a little bit you can just take off the pin closest to the top, and open the the splash guard from the top of the guard. You need to get your hands in and twist the bulb out before taking off the marker. Look at you're aftermarket one to figure out which way to turn. Then once its off you'll see the black bracket as in picture in the linked thread. To put things back you need to put in the bracket first with the front sticking out of the bumper and hook it with your marker (you probably have to hold the bracket with your hand inside the bumper)Then you press them hard to get them cliped onto each other, and twist the bulb back in. I'll be hard for the first time trying it (at least for me) but once you get it the second one will be a lot easier.

Hey RW - Nice ride. I see you replaced your side markers with clear ones. I did the same. Just a suggestion and hope you take it for what it is, I replaced the bulbs in the clear markers with silver coated super whites. Makes a big difference on my car (irridium silver). Let me know if you want the link to where I bought them from. It was like 6 bucks for a pair. i can post a pic of what it looks like if you want.

Cheers
Old 09-10-2010, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E-Ridium 63
Hey RW - Nice ride. I see you replaced your side markers with clear ones. I did the same. Just a suggestion and hope you take it for what it is, I replaced the bulbs in the clear markers with silver coated super whites. Makes a big difference on my car (irridium silver). Let me know if you want the link to where I bought them from. It was like 6 bucks for a pair. i can post a pic of what it looks like if you want.

Cheers
U got PM
Old 09-10-2010, 06:30 PM

2010 E63 AMG Blk/Cream
With tune, headers, exhaust and intake where do you see your gains topping out at.

I just did my Charcoals and are planning more mods but their does not seem to be a consensus for max power.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:51 AM

e63 2010 W212
Hey Racer M. Good to see you again. it's nice that you're starting to like your car now. I think it's well deserved feeling. I used to have E60 as well, but oddly enough I felt my MB was 10X better. (not trying to start a debate here, just glad to hear you're coming over to this side).

Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
FYI, the C63 only opens to about 58-60% and the other cars only open to ~78% max (nowhere close to 100%). We have been chasing this for 3 years now lol! Silly mercedes!
Really? That is awfully silly. And a new throttle body doesn't resolve this issue?
I think many of us know Racer M and his previous issues.

@ Racer, maybe you can consider going back and modifying your post to at least update it so it's consistent with your current feelings. just a thought.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Racing Dad
Hey Racer M. Good to see you again. it's nice that you're starting to like your car now. I think it's well deserved feeling. I used to have E60 as well, but oddly enough I felt my MB was 10X better. (not trying to start a debate here, just glad to hear you're coming over to this side).

Really? That is awfully silly. And a new throttle body doesn't resolve this issue?

I think many of us know Racer M and his previous issues.

@ Racer, maybe you can consider going back and modifying your post to at least update it so it's consistent with your current feelings. just a thought.
Nah, you need to look at the dates. Someone just resurrected it. It was actually posted prior to the take it back thread.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:36 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Originally Posted by Racing Dad
No, not an easy fix. We have been working on it for 2 years!
Old 09-13-2010, 01:07 PM

CLS55, C63, 997 Turbo
Hmm, yes the posts are definitely inconsistent. I'm curious how you got from old post to this one.

Looks like your tune is a Powerchip tune. So what "dyno work" did this other shop do exactly?

Nice color combo.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blair_mbz
Hmm, yes the posts are definitely inconsistent. I'm curious how you got from old post to this one.

Looks like your tune is a Powerchip tune. So what "dyno work" did this other shop do exactly?

Nice color combo.
Can you not tell that Brad bumped the thread... For the sole reason to confuse people.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:16 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Yes, my posting had NOTHING to do with answering a question from another user and sharing good information! lol

Jonmartin, you seem like a trouble maker. I am not sure of your agenda, but it seems to be contrary to the best interests of this site!

thanks
Brad

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: BBI Autosport E63 AMG