Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Awesome wheels. What are they?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
Awesome wheels. What are they?

I just got an E55 with these wheels on it. The previous owner says they were a "dealer upgrade." They appear to be a 2 piece. Any idea what these are?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Awesome wheels. What are they?-img00015.jpg  
Old 02-26-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
744 C36 AMG,040 C43 AMG, CLK55 208, CLS55 IWC, CLK500 Rocketbunny widebody
Knock off Lorinser LM5, fake 2 piece
Old 02-27-2009, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450
Thanks, that looks like it. I figured from the center cap that they might be knock offs.

They really look like a 2 piece, with a distinct cleave between the pieces. I guess probably not.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a g
It is easy to see if they are real multi piece wheels. Just feel behind the bolts on the front, if there are nuts back there they are at least a two piece. Though just from looks I'd agree that they are just knockoffs (not necessarily a bad thing though).
Old 03-01-2009, 03:29 PM

08' C350, Toyota Tundra
I am sorry those are ugly as hell even the real ones.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by RedG
It is easy to see if they are real multi piece wheels. Just feel behind the bolts on the front, if there are nuts back there they are at least a two piece. Though just from looks I'd agree that they are just knockoffs (not necessarily a bad thing though).
There are no nuts. The bolts go in the rim itself. Get a knife and stick it between the gap (where the bolts are) and if it goes in then you know they are really two piece. Also on the back they have to say Lorinser Made in Germany and RONAL for Lorinser (Here are some pics)

Some Replicas do Say Lorinser so look at the Gap again.

There should be a Gap by the Valve stem. A little cutoff part.

The real way is by looking at the gaps. These rims depending on size cost 1,500 each so these companies will do anything to replicate them even put the Lorinser emblem.

Hope you have the real Authentic ones.

Can your provide pictures? More detailed pics? I have a feeling that these might be real. Don't be fooled by the Benz Center caps.

BENZ CENTER CAPS IS COMMON. WOULD YOU PUT LORINSER CENTER CAPS ON AN ///AMG CAR (since these came off of an AMG E55)?

NO YOU WOULDN'T SO CHANGING THE CENTER CAPS IS COMMON.

That's like putting AMG rims on an Lorinser E class. Mixing Apples and Oranges.

Post some pics then I can help you out more. I don't want you to think you have fake LM5s and down the line sell them for 500 or 700 bucks where they might be real and you can sell them for 2,000. Get the picture?

Also guys please don't give a member wrong information. Don't jump to conclusion that these rims are fake right off the bat. The center caps come off and AMG owners change them to Merc center caps so when you guys said "by looking at them they are fake" these comments might be wrong. How do these rims look fake? Only thing that is questionable is the Center Caps and thats because AMG and Lorinser like I mentioned Earlier.

Also these rims do have the gaps which make them clone (not replica) or the real deal.

Clone = Company making them not Ronal but they make they exactly the same (Aluminum, 2 piece same quality as lorinser but cheaper price)

Post some more pics

Last edited by W203E35; 04-08-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Collections Ban

Lorinser
From the initial picture, they look pretty real. As jk062602kj mentioned, the best way to be sure is to remove the wheel and look on the back side. The "Made in Germany RONAL for Lorinser" should be part of the casting, and also look for the "RO TITAN" etching on the tops of each of the rivets.

Ken / Lorinser North America
Old 04-13-2009, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450
Ken and JK,

Thanks for the info. Turns out they're real. Here are the pics. Ronal for Lorinser stamp in the casting on the inside. Ronal casting on the inside lip. RO Titan on the screws, with a gap for the valve. I could insert a piece of paper between the lip and 2nd piece. You can see the mark, showing it went in about a half inch between the two pieces.

Thanks for the info. I'm debating trading for a set of 5 twin spokes, so this is very helpful.
Attached Thumbnails Awesome wheels. What are they?-img_1489.jpg   Awesome wheels. What are they?-img_1491.jpg   Awesome wheels. What are they?-img_1494.jpg   Awesome wheels. What are they?-img_1495.jpg   Awesome wheels. What are they?-img_1496.jpg  

Old 04-13-2009, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
I'm glad they turned out to be the real deal.

Now if you decide to get different rims atleast you can sell them or trade them for more because they are authentic.

Never be affraid of the center caps. A lot of people automatically think that just because they have Benz center caps that they are fake. Like I mentioned it came off of an E55 which is an AMG so keeping the Lorinser center caps will look a little wierd.

Glad we were able to help you.